British Speedway Forum

I appreciate that, but it has nothing do whether Gathercole rides at Plymouth, Ipswich, or neither.

I'm with you, it made no sense to me either but it was the point that Devildodger was trying to make.

The Fish had a creditable night tonight at Blunsdon, with 9 points. Always liked him for Swindon, a real trier.

I type this rather slowly in the hope the message gets through.....a little ambitious I know, but I'll give it a go!!

The most recent posts on this thread relate to Cory Gathercole. Now as I understand it, Cory lives in Swindon with his girlfriend. It has been mentioned that he might be a target for both Plymouth and Ipswich. My point was that if travelling was an issue for Cory, Swindon would be virtually equidistant between the two.

Simples!!!!!

I get your point and you are looking at the bigger picture, Cory to Ipswich or Plymouth would make no difference to the lad, the point i was making and i did not know that Ipswich were interested in the lad, was coming to Plymouth the journey would be much better for him than Lanham's would be, so sorry if i misunderstood your post but i get what you are getting at for Cory to go to Plymouth or Ipswich would not make much difference journey wise.

DEVILDODGER Swindon to Plymouth 142 miles at 70 mph on a Friday -you want to try it. May onward's more like 4 hour's, and with the Almondsbury/M5/M4 bucket and spade work taking place for the next 2 years could well be a further hour . Many Moons ago , i think Colin Cook use to do Ipswich -Exeter for Two or Three season without the motorway network which now exist.

Certainly gives Plymouth a very strong looking top three.

there is going to be some hard first bends at plymouth this season with that trio, plenty of fence repairs as well! :wink:

DEVILDODGER Swindon to Plymouth 142 miles at 70 mph on a Friday -you want to try it. May onward's more like 4 hour's, and with the Almondsbury/M5/M4 bucket and spade work taking place for the next 2 years could well be a further hour . Many Moons ago , i think Colin Cook use to do Ipswich -Exeter for Two or Three season without the motorway network which now exist.

Just printed what was said on the road map, your right you can add an hour to that journey but i was using it has an example, from May onwards is a nightmare on any motorway, i have been up that way a few times, it's no walk in the park that's for sure.

Edited by Devildodger

cory needs to calm down when things go wrong,wind in the talent that he has,allways one of my fav riders at the ota will miss him and wish him well plymouth have done good to get him instead of boxall

looking forward to giving somerset a real run for thier money this season think thier will be some cracking west country derbys against them cant wait!

One rider away from a great team! Cory is one of my favourite riders! But he went stale at the OTA a change will do him good! ;)