British Speedway Forum

that was the reason given last night,he was at leicester on sat putting some laps in so i was told.

Gyn Taylor, the Leicester Team Manager and Track curator, also tunes Fishers engines.

Wasn't impressed with Fisher at the SBA last week anyway, not in the same class has Barker around the SBA, he don't like coming second, and if he don't gate he don't win, would not like to see him go, but if Bowden don't pay the people who work for him then i don't blame him for leaving, the sooner Bowden goes the better, i did have a word with Seemond last week at the SBA before the meeting, he came up to me and we had a long chat, but it would be wrong for me to put on this site what he told me in confidence, but all i can say is if things go well Bowden will be gone, and not before time.

Edited by Devildodger

So Stephens told you in confidence that Bowden is on his way out ? Handy old boy you are to keep a secret. :rofl:

• Like 5

theres more rumours going round plymouth than there is riders

• Like 1

Let's hope that this can be sorted soon - there is nothing like Rumours for wrecking a Club. They create unrest and dissatisfaction. Very destructive.

• Like 2

So Stephens told you in confidence that Bowden is on his way out ? Handy old boy you are to keep a secret. :rofl:

No he didn't tell me in confidence Bowden was on his way out, you have to be a Plymouth supporter and stupid like you not to know that, for Plymouth Speedway to carry on Bowden must go, the part that i was told in confidence goes much further than that, the place is a dump and needs sorting, getting Bowden out is only the start, no secret in that, i knew that long before last friday.

Edited by Devildodger

No he didn't tell me in confidence Bowden was on his way out, you have to be a Plymouth supporter and stupid like you not to know that, for Plymouth Speedway to carry on Bowden must go, the part that i was told in confidence goes much further than that, the place is a dump and needs sorting, getting Bowden out is only the start, no secret in that, i knew that long before last friday.

Please attack the post by all means. Leave the personal insults out. Your comment that you were talking to Stephens and if all things go well then Boweden is gone, surely that would suggest that this was part of this confidential conversation ?

Edited by semion

Surely Plymouth cant change more riders.

Please attack the post by all means. Leave the personal insults out. Your comment that you were talking to Stephens and if all things go well then Boweden is gone, surely that would suggest that this was part of this confidential conversation ?

Sorry about that but don't call me old boy when you don't know me, last friday at the sba the talk about Bowden leaving wasn't any part of the conversation i had with Seemond, that about Bowden was everywhere on friday, so i wouldn't say it was any secret, if you wasn't there then maybe you could say it was a part of the conversation, but i would not have said it if it was ok.

Edited by Devildodger
  • Like 1

So about that but don't call me old boy when you don't know me, last friday at the sba the talk about Bowden leaving wasn't any part of the conversation i had with Seemond, that about Bowden was everywhere on friday, so i wouldn't say it was any secret, if you wasn't there then maybe you could say it was a part of the conversation, but i would not have said it if it was ok.

It was the name dropping bit that was the problem not the content.......reliable source would be sufficient..........even though that also raises more questions than answers.

I would be surprised if Seemond and Mark were involved in the promoting but wouldn't rule it out. I like many others have heard several rumours, what you have to say is that with the amount of possibilities being mentioned hopefully something will happen soon.

If Ryan has gone I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest, he has never struck me as someone who would take the sort of antics that Bowden has displayed over the years and I was actually got surprised he signed in the first place.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I believe Bowden is trying to destroy Plymouth Speedway before he goes, which in my opinion is inevitable. I don't think he could stand to watch someone else making the money he has over the years.

I have a feeling this could get worse before it gets better...

I have always had a soft spot for Plymouth, and it is sad to read of the goings on down there, allegedly riders being owed money, others not being paid in full, riders asked to take pay cuts, and public rows between riders and the promotion, all in all not a happy camp by the sounds of it, I think the BSPA need to step in before things get worse, just to get the Team/Club through the season, and then review matters during the close season.

So much of what is happening reminds me of a certain welsh Team over the years, When they returned they had fantastic crowds, then they slowly dwindled over the years, never to return, and in the end we all know what happened there just prior to the beginning of this season, heaven forbid this happening to Plymouth. :cry:

Somehow or other, i believe there should be a supporter led protest, not by staying away, but get behind the Team, support the riders, and contact the BSPA, I and most of the Speedway fraternity dont want to lose another Team/Track.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 3

I would be surprised if Seemond and Mark were involved in the promoting but wouldn't rule it out. I like many others have heard several rumours, what you have to say is that with the amount of possibilities being mentioned hopefully something will happen soon.

If Ryan has gone I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest, he has never struck me as someone who would take the sort of antics that Bowden has displayed over the years and I was actually got surprised he signed in the first place.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I believe Bowden is trying to destroy Plymouth Speedway before he goes, which in my opinion is inevitable. I don't think he could stand to watch someone else making the money he has over the years.

I have a feeling this could get worse before it gets better...

I agree with you about this Mike, i think what you have said about Bowden is just about right.

Just had a personal message from bads1971 saying whoever you are you need to stop putting stuff on the forum about Mike, i think she means dad, she says what you have heard is not true, the place isn't a dump like you say, Mike (dad) isn't going anywhere, your cosy chats with Seemond as if, if you don't like the way speedway is being run don't go simple as, you hide behind a name Devildogger, it's Devildodger, and my real name is Roger Martin, and i stand by everything i have said, babs1971 whoever you are.

Edited by Devildodger
  • Like 2