British Speedway Forum

This ought to be good if both countries field full sides.

Just having a think about who is young enough to take part, have come up with the following teams:

GB

Woffinden

Bridger

Barker

Auty

Haines

Mear

Lambert/Newman

SWEDEN

Gustafsson

L Lindgren

Sundstrom

Eklof

Andersson

Nilsson

Jonasson

Anyone I've forgotten?

Presumably any riders competing in this had to be under 23 at the start of the season, in which case Tully and Cook could ride in place of Haines & Lambert/Newman. That would make things much closer :)

or Adam Roynon (only just 23 by my reckoning)

So whats occuring down NA way...according to BSPA site this has been postponed... :cry:

So whats occuring down NA way...according to BSPA site this has been postponed... :cry:

It seems that way. This fixtures also been taken off the offical website also. Very, very disappointing.

It seems that way. This fixtures also been taken off the offical website also. Very, very disappointing.

Completly concur, young Screamer.

A very disappointing and abrupt end to the season.

Sad way to end the season after such a great year . Dissapionted I really am .

An explanation would be nice. Not very professional to cancel advertised meetings without saying why :sad:

Oppertunty missed in my view chance to give new faces a chance with a view to team place next season same with Pride of the East . I'd like to know why as well and also as a season ticket holder I'm a meeting short as PotE was included in place of the ko as we pulled out . Not happy not a good way to end a brilliant season of racing

so, the same excuse has been used on the clubs website as the PotE. Lack of rider availability. What a load of crap, something is clearly going on???????

I don't necessarily believe anything is going on, its quite possible that again riders aren't bothered after a long season, although it will be interesting to see if the Under 23 meeting at Eastbourne goes ahead the week after. My gripe is meetings being advertised before riders have agreed to appear, very amateurish when they then get called off. I'd also thought that these meetings were official tests organised by the governing bodies, but that appears not to be the case if one has been called off already because of rider availability.

To summarise... :(

Maybe will have to see if can go somewhere else to end my speedway season!

To say I'm pretty ****ed off is an understatement :mad: They mentioned this meeting on Wednesday evening, then a couple of days later, call the bloody thing off! I mean, what gives?! An abrupt end to the season, which IMO should never have happened. We haven't even had the chance to say a proper farewell to our own EL team! Very, very, very disappointed in our promotion. Oh well, off to Mildenhall I go for the NL final at some point as that's obviously going to be the last meeting I'll get to see this season :rolleyes:

If I can, think I'll be doing that too Em... Shame, I'd really have preferred to end my season at Lynn not Mildenhall!