British Speedway Forum
stratton

Will Darcy Ward Be A World Champion In The Future?

Having witnessed Adams and Crumps careers from the start, I have to say Wards is better than both of them at the same age. While Adams faild to capture a WC, Crump got three.

Crump was always a bit more of an aggressive rider than Adams, and the reason he became a WC. BUT IMO Ward has more skill than Crump and is easily as aggressive, if not more so. Never knows when he is beaten. And still loads of improvement left in the tank.

Of course injury can take its toll, or another rider come along with equal of high potential to take away the chance of a WC, butWard has it all. Already. And then extra on top. Take a look at that heat 12 in Torun last year against Golob and Hancock. Two riders at the top of their game, one who was about to be WC, and Ward had them for breakfast.

Destined to dominate for the next 10 years along with Holder and perhaps Emil. ( PLus whatever other yung riders who has yet to hit the scene)

I agree with Mr.S. Yes, circumstances could intervene and things change over the years; but as things stand right now with his talent and the likely competition around when Darcy FINALLY decides to ride SGP, I'd say he was a racing certainity to be World Champ. The shame is IF Ward had taken up the place in 2012 I think he'd have an evens chance of taking the championship at the first time of asking..

I think Ward would have a better chance to win a one off World final than winning a longer GP series,he could be the best on a given night,especially with someone else having a bit of bad luck, but not the best when the law of averages comes into it,

I think Ward would have a better chance to win a one off World final than winning a longer GP series,he could be the best on a given night,especially with someone else having a bit of bad luck, but not the best when the law of averages comes into it,

He certainly has the bottle...

• Like 3

Still think Emil is better than both. Holder and Ward are superb riders but for me Emil will be the best

Still think Emil is better than both. Holder and Ward are superb riders but for me Emil will be the best

Never seen anything with Emil to say he will be better than Ward. Think Darcy is already a better rider.

Once all the hype blew through last year we all got to see a very decent, if not top notch, Russian rider.

Never seen anything with Emil to say he will be better than Ward. Think Darcy is already a better rider.

Once all the hype blew through last year we all got to see a very decent, if not top notch, Russian rider.

Not top notch?? He came 6th in the world after missing a whole year pratically of riding? I assume you dont think Holder is top notch either then? Like i said Ward is a great rider but i would still rather have Emil if i was picking a side

Not top notch?? He came 6th in the world after missing a whole year pratically of riding? I assume you dont think Holder is top notch either then? Like i said Ward is a great rider but i would still rather have Emil if i was picking a side

Quite clear the difference in the two last season. Ward miles better and top of the EL averages. Emil somewhat lower in the pack. Emil looks a rider on the edge and often past it. Ward looks smooth and fast and aggressive. Emil is good, no mistake, but in the same level as Ward. My opinion of course.

Too used to seeing Ward and Holder blow away a poor EL, Emil is equally as good if not better.

Then why didn't he blow away the EL opposition?

Quite clear the difference in the two last season. Ward miles better and top of the EL averages. Emil somewhat lower in the pack. Emil looks a rider on the edge and often past it. Ward looks smooth and fast and aggressive. Emil is good, no mistake, but in the same level as Ward. My opinion of course.

Then why didn't he blow away the EL opposition?

With all due respect Steve neither did Holder or Ward in there first seasons of elite racing. Emil was seeing these tracks for the first time. But thats you opinion and you are entitled to it