British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SteveEvans

American Style Speedway

Race confirmed for Sunday, 3pm.

Just a fiver in!

Riders include Eddie Castro, Austin Novratil, Russell Green, Rocco Scopellite, Michael Raines, Tuff McBride, Chris Thomas, Jamie Dixon, Dean Felton, Lee Geary, Matt Bates, Richard Andrews, Liam Rumsey, Chris Widman, Ben Holloway.

One more spot on the program, PM me if you want to ride!

Lend us a bike and I'll take part. Bet i could beat McBride :lol::wink:

Edited by spin king junior

I WILL be making the trip,but yes it would be nice to watch one of our own, come on Steve get one of um there. :wink: Danny, Darryl, Richie,surely one of them would want to ride.

The Meeting is on. 3pm start £5 to get in including race card.

See you there.

sounds great value for money in these hard times. :)

We have to remember this will be an Handicap meeting, and whilst we dont know the winner,much will depend on what they go off, but i guess there will be a Scratch Main and a Handicap main Finals, over to you Steve.

Well I really enjoyed the meeting - great value 17 heats for £5.00. I began to think Eddie Castro was jumping the starts on purpose :unsure: as he seemed to go better the further back he started :approve:

Well I really enjoyed the meeting - great value 17 heats for £5.00. I began to think Eddie Castro was jumping the starts on purpose :unsure: as he seemed to go better the further back he started :approve:

Me too - a really enjoyable meeting. Michael Raines managed to stay on (just) to win both scratch and handicap mains. In the handicap main Raines and Chris Widman were wheel to wheel for 2 1/2 laps before Raines got the upper hand. Castro was indeed 100% entertainment and Dean Felton's efforts deserve a mention too.

Scratch Consi (B Main): Castro*, Felton, McBride, Rumsey [Castro on 10 yds penalty for tape touching]

Scratch Main: Raines, Bates, Scopellite, Andrews

H'cap Main (6 lap): Raines(30), Widman(20), Castro(30), Buman(30)

Me too - a really enjoyable meeting. Michael Raines managed to stay on (just) to win both scratch and handicap mains. In the handicap main Raines and Chris Widman were wheel to wheel for 2 1/2 laps before Raines got the upper hand. Castro was indeed 100% entertainment and Dean Felton's efforts deserve a mention too.

Scratch Consi (B Main): Castro*, Felton, McBride, Rumsey [Castro on 10 yds penalty for tape touching]

Agreed really enjoyed this and for £5 I doubt you'll get better entertainment for 2 hours. Not only did Castro seem intent on going off 10 metres but his Chris Holder leg impressions as he struggled to get things straight coming in/out of turn 4 were a joy to watch, very entertaining :)

Yes a good meeting to end the USA tour and what an interesting format for the event. Who said speedway is boring? The weather was superb, the track was good and Leicester Speedway did the USA Team proud staging this meeting, as would Buxton have done had it not rained last week. Special mention to Richard Andrews who on his last visit to BP pushed his bike for a considerable distance to claim a point for the Exeter Falcons but today produced, I think, the fastest time of the day with a sub 66 sec race win. Very well done.

Thanks to all of the support staff who gave up even more of their time to put on a very professional meeting, to Glyn Taylor who took up the idea last weekend of running the meeting after the Buxton postponment, to David Hemsley for giving his backing to running it and the First Aid crew who I always forget to mention and who provide a valuable service to the sport. Also to Laurence Rogers who managed to squeeze a large amount of money out of a very generous Leicester crowd for a signed USA Race jacket which will help the tour finances.

Thanks to the USA riders for providing some really good racing. Wonderful team spirit and you have some good talent coming through.

I hope that Sam is not too badly injured in what was a freak accident in the pits beofre the meeting. I am sure you would have welcomed his support, and that of Ricky Wells, in the pits today.

I hope that Sam is not too badly injured in what was a freak accident in the pits beofre the meeting. I am sure you would have welcomed his support, and that of Ricky Wells, in the pits today.

Really disappointed to have missed this meeting today, but that's what happens with additional meetings due to rain offs - I had to work!!

I did get to eat with the team at USA HQ for a good send off and I understand Sam is fine. They glued his head together but he is feeling pretty sore apparently.

Freaky indeed.

A good tour and lots of great new friends. icon_lol.gif