British Speedway Forum

FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP 2012 CALENDAR

July 7: SWC Event One (Bydgoszcz, Poland)

July 9: SWC Event Two (King’s Lynn, Great Britain)

July 12: SWC Race-Off (Malilla, Sweden)

July 14: SWC Final (Malilla, Sweden)

So pleased so see King's Lynn given another round for this. Fantastic news :cheers::drink:

What is this obsession with King's Lynn?

There are other tracks in the UK.

Yeh, but most are pure crap (especially when compared to Kings Lynn).

I have no problem with it being held at Kings Lynn. Actually, I'm glad it's at Kings Lynn :)

So let's have it at trick tracks Lakeside Eastbourne or Belle Vue bound to be brilliant meeting on any of those 3 not . Very good news it's at Kings Lynn for the 3rd season

Good track, but also good facilities compared to a lot of stadiums around the country...

More to the point I'm glad to see the race-off and final at Malilla, if they prepare it the same as this years gp then there will be plenty of grip and dirt!

Edited by speedy17

So let's have it at trick tracks Lakeside Eastbourne or Belle Vue bound to be brilliant meeting on any of those 3 not . Very good news it's at Kings Lynn for the 3rd season

There are plenty of decent tracks that are not a PITA to get to. Coventry, Wolverhampton or Heaven forbid even Swindon for example.

It would also be nice to share it around, so that some of the benefits of the SWC could be felt by other clubs.

However, for all I know King's Lynn might be the only British track interested in hosting a round, which kind of makes all my arguments redundant.

I'd imagine thats the case, you'd think if another UK track wanted it they'd be given the event as a matter of variety and fairness. Personally I'd like to see it at Peterborough or Wolverhampton which in my opinion are the only two EL tracks on a par with Lynn for racing. Sheffield would also be a great venue and it would be nice to think that Somerset and Scunthorpe might develop as stadia so they could hold the event in the future.

IF all goes well and according to plan the 2013 Speedway World Cup Final will be at the new Belle Vue stadium ...

A final with no host nation :D

IF all goes well and according to plan the 2013 Speedway World Cup Final will be at the new Belle Vue stadium ...

Following on from that I'd reckon Poland 2014 - YES! :cheers:

Morton & Gordon will be doing fact finding missions then or should I call them jollys the amount they have done this new Bellvue stadium is gonna be the stadium of all stadiums but then we will have to wait and see

My god your hoping I take you will be back over

As long as I'm still breathing, my next trip over your way should coincide with the SGP being held in Polska! :cheers:

Meanwhile, don't forget if you're gonna do Auckland in March, the next weekend is the final of the Sidecars Grand Slam at Gillman! :approve:

May 5. Qualifying Round at Ljubljana, Slovenia: Slovenia, Italy, Ukraine, Croatia or Hungary.

June 17. Qualifying Round at Herxheim, Germany: Germany, USA, Finland, Latvia.

May 5. Qualifying Round at Ljubljana, Slovenia: Slovenia, Italy, Ukraine, Croatia or Hungary.

June 17. Qualifying Round at Herxheim, Germany: Germany, USA, Finland, Latvia.

Where did you get this info from? Very uneven rounds, if you ask me. Germany, USA, Finland and Latvia in the same round?? Hard to believe. But it would make the job much easier for us in Ljubljana. :D

By the way: at the moment Croatia doesn't have 5 riders to even build a national team.

And where is Czech republic?