British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No Swedish Elitserien

:rofl:

Elitserien without a crowd seems a suicide. Also you need free travel for the riders, as its actually international Elitserien with a problem. Not only with the number of foreigners, but they are the hotbed of covid—19 in the northern speedway world.

Been saying it for a while, be seeing you with us  at the bottom of the speedway world...

1 minute ago, f-s-p said:

:rofl:

Elitserien without a crowd seems a suicide. Also you need free travel for the riders, as its actually international Elitserien with a problem. Not only with the number of foreigners, but they are the hotbed of covid—19 in the northern speedway world.

Been saying it for a while, be seeing you with us  at the bottom of the speedway world...

What`s it got to do with me ? :) I was just offering a suggestion as to why the Swede`s think it might work without paying spectators. Don`t forget that C More are showing every match live under the terms of the new contract( plus possible foreign TV rights(Poland and UK)

11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

What`s it got to do with me ? :) I was just offering a suggestion as to why the Swede`s think it might work without paying spectators. Don`t forget that C More are showing every match live under the terms of the new contract( plus possible foreign TV rights(Poland and UK)

Poor choice of smileys or whatever on my part, sorry. Did not even know that they are back on tv.

14 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Poor choice of smileys or whatever on my part, sorry. Did not even know that they are back on tv.

That`s ok- they have 1 main match on Tuesday`s and Thursday`s( 4 camera production) and the other matches on other sport channels( 1 camera) which is similar to what was streamed( ESS)  over the past 2 seasons when C More pulled out.

Edited by racers and royals

I doubt the TV-money will be enough to cover the costs. Speedway isn't football or icehockey. 

The league will restart on 11 August. 

In the press release it says that they are planning on and working on a financial solution that will allow them to run the league without spectators even though spectators to some extent might be allowed once the league starts. 

https://www.elitspeedway.com/artikel/xekkakb7p-21mi1/bauhaus-ligan-startar-11-e-augusti

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2020 at 10:53 AM, Ghostwalker said:

In the press release it says that they are planning on and working on a financial solution that will allow them to run the league without spectators even though spectators to some extent might be allowed once the league starts. 

https://www.elitspeedway.com/artikel/xekkakb7p-21mi1/bauhaus-ligan-startar-11-e-augusti

6-man teams being reported in Speedway Star.

On 6/9/2020 at 11:53 AM, Ghostwalker said:

It will only be 8 teams since Smederna have decided to sit out this season. 

They say that they don't want to risk their finances but doing 9 meetings + -"play offs" without spectators. Each team are supposed to be paid 560 000 SEK (about 50 000 GBP) but apparently Smederna don't consider this to be enough. 

It will be 6 man teams and 8 rounds with a bonus round to make sure all teams get the same amount of home meetings. 

https://www.elitspeedway.com/artikel/pwzzakbzk-21mi1/forutsattningarna-for-bauhaus-ligan-klara

15 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

It will only be 8 teams since Smederna have decided to sit out this season. 

They say that they don't want to risk their finances but doing 9 meetings + -"play offs" without spectators. Each team are supposed to be paid 560 000 SEK (about 50 000 GBP) but apparently Smederna don't consider this to be enough. 

It will be 6 man teams and 8 rounds with a bonus round to make sure all teams get the same amount of home meetings. 

https://www.elitspeedway.com/artikel/pwzzakbzk-21mi1/forutsattningarna-for-bauhaus-ligan-klara

I couldn`t quite understand the last line and getting the translation i think it should be equal number of home and away matches- ie they are not meeting each other home and away- just 4 home and 4 away.

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I couldn`t quite understand the last line and getting the translation i think it should be equal number of home and away matches- ie they are not meeting each other home and away- just 4 home and 4 away.

Well it only says straight series with a bonus Derby round so perhaps I mis calculated and that the bonus round is round 8.

5 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Well it only says straight series with a bonus Derby round so perhaps I mis calculated and that the bonus round is round 8.

Can i clarify what we think is going to happen ? 8 teams- meet each other once( 7 meetings) so that it equals out home and away they will meet 1 team again( derby match ) so that will mean every team will ride 4 H 4 A and after that QF`s, SF`s and final.

• Like 1

What I don't understand is why can't a limited number of specators be allowed for Swedish Elitserien meetings ? Even only a few hundred would bring the clubs some much needed cash.

I thought that Sweden are quite liberal with the Covid-19 restrictions ! But then they don't allow any spectators at speedway meetings ! Why ?   

10 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

What I don't understand is why can't a limited number of specators be allowed for Swedish Elitserien meetings ? Even only a few hundred would bring the clubs some much needed cash.

I thought that Sweden are quite liberal with the Covid-19 restrictions ! But then they don't allow any spectators at speedway meetings ! Why ?   

As far as i can see all sporting events are currently restricted to 50 people.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

As far as i can see all sporting events are currently restricted to 50 people.

That is ridiculous, especially in Sweden, to allow only 50 spectators at outdoor sports venues that could easily accomodate thousands of people. Is there any hope that more spectators will be allowed in July, August, September, or October ? 

Norway had an upper  limit of 50 until June 15, and now they let up to 200 spectators in, and Finland already allows up to 500. Why can't the Swedes agree on a higher number? 

Edited by Bavarian