British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

21 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

Will the Speedway Star be publishing a Swedish season preview?

You could also post that on the " new look for the star" thread on news and discussions section- Phillip might see it 1st there.

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

You could also post that on the " new look for the star" thread on news and discussions section- Phillip might see it 1st there.

I'll ask Andrew direct. 

On 7/25/2020 at 11:42 AM, Gambo said:

The format above has been confirmed. Fixed gates for Heats 1-12 and as I understand it, the Home team has gate choice for the nominated heats.

There is provision for a No.7 who has no programmed rides, but can take up to 4 rides.

By "Fixed gates for heats 1-12" you mean there will be no gates draw?

And for nominated heats Home Team can pick gates 1&3 (heats 13 and 15) and gates 2&4 (heat 14) and vice versa? 

Any link to official source confirming?

33 minutes ago, krompa said:

By "Fixed gates for heats 1-12" you mean there will be no gates draw?

And for nominated heats Home Team can pick gates 1&3 (heats 13 and 15) and gates 2&4 (heat 14) and vice versa? 

Any link to official source confirming?

I submitted my Match Programme to SVEMO with the fixed gates, so I presume there will be no draw.

I also presume that the home team could chose 1&3 (or 2&4) in all 3 heats.

I have no link as the details came in a private message.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

I submitted my Match Programme to SVEMO with the fixed gates, so I presume there will be no draw.

I also presume that the home team could chose 1&3 (or 2&4) in all 3 heats.

I have no link as the details came in a private message.

That would be so weird and unfair if home can pick the same gates for all 3 nominated heats.

Thanks anyway!

Had confirmation from Andrew Skeels at the Speedway Star that they're expecting their Swedish correspondent to include a preview of the Swedish season in next week's edition.

I've suggested he makes sure that the new heat formula is discussed along with the differences between the leagues in Sweden and here. It's clear from Polish threads here that a similar exercise could have been a valid feature n the Star when Poland started up. 

The Star needs and deserves readers and if it can act as a guide to what people are watching on TV and online it might help in a small way. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

Tomorrow's finals will be broadcasted live at Dackarna's facebook page.

USM final starts at 12.00 and JSM final starts at 16.00 Swedish time.

Edited by Ghostwalker

On 7/30/2020 at 4:07 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

Had confirmation from Andrew Skeels at the Speedway Star that they're expecting their Swedish correspondent to include a preview of the Swedish season in next week's edition.

I've suggested he makes sure that the new heat formula is discussed along with the differences between the leagues in Sweden and here. It's clear from Polish threads here that a similar exercise could have been a valid feature n the Star when Poland started up. 

The Star needs and deserves readers and if it can act as a guide to what people are watching on TV and online it might help in a small way. 

Just been notified of an amendment. The Star's Swedish correspondent is delaying the preview for a week since the teams are far from resolved yet. So it should be in the August 15th-dated issue, out on the 13th. 

It's 1 August 2020 and we have a new Jansson champion when Anton Jansson won the youth (85cc) final today. 

Anton is great grandson of Joel Jansson, grandson of Bosse Jansson (Tommy Jansson's brother) and son of Jimmy (Smederna's team manager). 

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghostwalker said:

It's 1 August 2020 and we have a new Jansson champion when Anton Jansson won the youth (85cc) final today. 

Anton is great grandson of Joel Jansson, grandson of Bosse Jansson (Tommy Jansson's brother) and son of Jimmy (Smederna's team manager). 

Lovely news. Thank you. The legend lives on.

• Like 1

Alexander Woentin in the driver's seat with 15 p after 20 heats. Philip Hellström-Bängs with 14 and Jonatan Grahn with 12 are the biggest challengers in the final. 

Edited by Ghostwalker

Apologies if it has been mentioned elsewhere, but both Tero Aarnio and Timo Lahti are due to ride for Rospiggarna once the Swedish season gets started.

14 minutes ago, moomin man 76 said:

Apologies if it has been mentioned elsewhere, but both Tero Aarnio and Timo Lahti are due to ride for Rospiggarna once the Swedish season gets started.

I have the info but haven't posted anything about it. I will update the team info once everything is sorted .

• Like 1