British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

C-more main meeting will be commentated by Stefan Klemetz and Andreas Jonsson.

On 8/3/2020 at 12:36 PM, Ghostwalker said:

There will be some sort of digital start up press meeting tomorrow. It will be broadcasted live on the link below from 13.50 CEST (12.50 UK time).

https://www.elitspeedway.com/artikel/cab8akd7a-21mi1/digital-upptaktstraff-for-bauhaus-ligan

I've updated squads as of what has been confirmed during today's broadcast. Squads are still not 100 percent finished yet though.

Edited by Ghostwalker

2 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

I've updated squads as of what has been confirmed during today's broadcast. Squads are still not 100 percent finished yet though.

They're a lot stronger than I was expecting. I'd got the impression there would be few foreign riders. 

3 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

They're a lot stronger than I was expecting. I'd got the impression there would be few foreign riders. 

We will see. Even if the teams have allot of foreign riders it is not certain that they will be available, like Zmarzlik who is unlikely to be available
in the first half but available in the second half. I think most teams won't use many foreign riders in the beginning (all teams are qualified for play offs anyway)
and then go all in for the quarter final.

2 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

We will see. Even if the teams have allot of foreign riders it is not certain that they will be available, like Zmarzlik who is unlikely to be available
in the first half but available in the second half. I think most teams won't use many foreign riders in the beginning (all teams are qualified for play offs anyway)
and then go all in for the quarter final.

I suspect the Poles will be reminding several riders who's their main employer is now. 

On 7/30/2020 at 9:48 AM, krompa said:

By "Fixed gates for heats 1-12" you mean there will be no gates draw?

And for nominated heats Home Team can pick gates 1&3 (heats 13 and 15) and gates 2&4 (heat 14) and vice versa? 

Any link to official source confirming?

I have now had it confirmed that if the home team picks 1-3 in heat 13, Heat 14 will be 2-4, Heat 15 will be 1-3 and vice versa.

In these heats the riders in Red and White will always have the inside of the team's gates. (Gate 1 or Gate 2)

• Like 1

I have updated the results links.

https://www.svemo.se/Sporter/Resultat/Speedway/Serier/ (for all results this season)
https://www.svemo.se/Sporter/Speedway/tavling/dagenstavlingar/ (today's meetings)
http://old.svemo.se/sv/Grenar/Speedway/Resultat/ (old site, results from previous seasons).

Svemo have finally published heat schedule:
https://www.svemo.se/globalassets/speedway/dokumentcenter/korschema/korschema_2.15.6-7-elit.pdf

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 2

That race formula needs study by Dave Goddard in time for Tuesday. 

I have been studying everything this afternoon - just one question, does the away team start from gates 1 and 3 for every meeting, and no coin toss for gates?  That racecard seems to indicate such.

7 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

I have been studying everything this afternoon - just one question, does the away team start from gates 1 and 3 for every meeting, and no coin toss for gates?  That racecard seems to indicate such.

Yes, and i fully expect gates 2 and 4 will be best early on. ;)

• Like 1

Thankyou - just one answer I cannot find in the thread - aggregate bonus points, do they have them and what happens in the event of a tie?

2 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

Thankyou - just one answer I cannot find in the thread - aggregate bonus points, do they have them and what happens in the event of a tie?

They have always had them and unlike Poland, Sweden have a race- off(has your memory suffered during lockdown :))

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

I'd rather make sure of things rather than get it wrong on air and give everyone here more ammunition against me, so just checking. ;)

1 hour ago, Dave Goddard said:

I'd rather make sure of things rather than get it wrong on air and give everyone here more ammunition against me, so just checking. ;)

Dave, take it from someone who's done the job. albeit at a much lower level, if you delivered the perfect commentary someone will always come out from under a stone to attack. Often it's motivated by simple jealousy. 

You're right to research and try to get it right. You're doing a great job in very difficult circumstances, so remote fro m the action. 

I thoroughly enjoy your work. You avoid lazy cliche for starters. Thank you. You're doing an honest job and doing it very well. It's a pleasure to have your company for a couple of hours, although five nights a week is pushing it ;-)

• Like 3