British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Not sure Bridger is still doing it as he did say at the end of the test on Sat he may give this a miss as he seized an engine in his last ride.

magic mason it is then! :wink:

A 6pm start is fairly ridiculous. It also means that I can't make it and I know at least six others that can't make it either.

A 6pm start is fairly ridiculous. It also means that I can't make it and I know at least six others that can't make it either.

I have been going on about this for some time. The reason for putting it back was to accomodate the firework display which follows the meeting but it will already be dark by 5.30 - 6pm anyway. In fact, by 5.30 it was dark enough already tonight and that was before the clocks had gone back! I reckon a lot of fans will miss this one particularly those with younger children who will be back to school the following morning.

Just to digress though, there is a footballer by the name of Luke Bowen who plays in the Welsh Premier League. His club is, no wait for it, Neath FC.

I cannot claim credit for this discovery as it was emailed to me by a friend whose son came across it last weekend but, you couldn't make it up.

Edited by tocha

magic mason it is then! :wink:

If it was to happen then it's a definate No No for me. :nono: I fear forRye next year if Len gets this night wrong :shock:

If it was to happen then it's a definate No No for me. :nono: I fear forRye next year if Len gets this night wrong :shock:

I think he's got it wrong big time with this meeting poor line up and a crazy start time why not Saturday at 7pm ?? .

Ben Barker pulled out of the 16 lapper at Ipswich tonight due to injury, so we are looking at no Woffinden/Barker (injuries) and possibly no Bridger due to machinery.

Certainly be interesting to see the lineup come 6pm Sunday... and the crowd attendance.

I certainly won't be there, maybe some enthusiasm will be rekindled for 2012...

Ben Barker pulled out of the 16 lapper at Ipswich tonight due to injury, so we are looking at no Woffinden/Barker (injuries) and possibly no Bridger due to machinery.

Certainly be interesting to see the lineup come 6pm Sunday... and the crowd attendance.

If the attendance is anything like what it's been this year then the gate money won't even cover the cost of the fireworks!... I'm struggling to get any enthusiasm up for this, but I'm sure the speedway nuts other half will want to go.

So many Rye House regulars, like Ash, have decided that enough is enough this year... Most of the people I know from previous Northern Tours, real die hard Rockets fans for many years, don't go anymore, or are rarely seen... Unless Len and his promotion team don't address the situation the club will sink and die... His stubbornness could cost us the club we love.

If the attendance is anything like what it's been this year then the gate money won't even cover the cost of the fireworks!... I'm struggling to get any enthusiasm up for this, but I'm sure the speedway nuts other half will want to go.

So many Rye House regulars, like Ash, have decided that enough is enough this year... Most of the people I know from previous Northern Tours, real die hard Rockets fans for many years, don't go anymore, or are rarely seen... Unless Len and his promotion team don't address the situation the club will sink and die... His stubbornness could cost us the club we love.

It's a real shame the way the original line up for this meeting has been decimated especially as the weather forecast looks favourable. I would imagine it's too late to change the start time now as it's been widely advertised. I have friends coming down from Bedford and if for no other reason than it's a long time until next April we will be there for our final fix of the year.

More than likely gonna be giving this a miss... Trying to find a good reason to go, but having trouble coming up with one... having no trouble at all coming up with reasons NOT to go!!

I've been struggling with rye most of the season. I think I've been going out of habit more than the enjoyment this year. Lens attitude towards the fans earlier in the year proved very costly in terms of revenue and loyalty I think. Will go to ace of herts but not expecting a great meeting. Hope next season proves more enjoyable.

I see Barker rode last night so can we assume he will be there tomorrow? :unsure:

Will Rye do the decent thing and release the full riders list today? :unsure:

If they do then I may just force myself to go :drink:

I have decided to state that i am going to this meeting, not that anyone needs to know that,,anymore than i need to know who is not going to the meeting..Which on Rye threads seems to be the main topic of conversation these days, its getting boring.Theres a considerable number of factors that go to make a good meeting not just the names on the programme and we dont even know all those yet..The main fact in this day and age with speedway everywhere is support it or lose it..End of story...

I have decided to state that i am going to this meeting, not that anyone needs to know that,,anymore than i need to know who is not going to the meeting..Which on Rye threads seems to be the main topic of conversation these days, its getting boring.Theres a considerable number of factors that go to make a good meeting not just the names on the programme and we dont even know all those yet..The main fact in this day and age with speedway everywhere is support it or lose it..End of story...

Nobody wants to lose speedway, however people need to have reason to go to meetings, Len pretty much said after releasing Doyley earlier in the year "it's my way or the highway" and not only have the fans voted with their feet, he has been proven wrong.

There is no feelgood factor at Rye and that is not right, I used to wish time away until the next Rye meeting, this year I haven't as much as I love the club and the sport.

As for the Ace of Herts, not announcing the field in advance is obviously going to effect the crowd, people will be going to watch Woffinden, Barker and Bridger and could end up with (no disrespect meant) Hazelden, Hopwood and Evans. It's not awe inspiring.

All is not great at Rye for various reasons and yes there have been serious mistakes made ,but the track has been improved and recent meetings have seen better racing for it,.Falling attendences are however hardly going to improve things such as what can be afforded to assemble next seasons teams,,We can all moan about things we think are wrong ,we may be right ,But at the end of the day without all of us continuing to support the teams regularly .Speedway as a professional sport will either die or be reduced to the lowest affordable level..Whats it to be ? ,its basicly in the hands of the supporter..

All is not great at Rye for various reasons and yes there have been serious mistakes made ,but the track has been improved and recent meetings have seen better racing for it,.Falling attendences are however hardly going to improve things such as what can be afforded to assemble next seasons teams,,We can all moan about things we think are wrong ,we may be right ,But at the end of the day without all of us continuing to support the teams regularly .Speedway as a professional sport will either die or be reduced to the lowest affordable level..Whats it to be ? ,its basicly in the hands of the supporter..

Totally agree, Use it or lose it.