British Speedway Forum
Halifaxtiger

Nl Play Off Final

I think you are way off. Very close indeed.

Well HT I generally always admire your honest intelligent posts but we will disagree on this one. If I am wrong I will eat humble pie but I see Mildenhall using both black and whites and still losing by 15.

The Big Question is will the Mildenhall Team Manager Remember the Black and White Helmet colour this time? ;)

Some how I doubt if it will be forgotten again.

Truly unbelievable.

Well HT I generally always admire your honest intelligent posts but we will disagree on this one. If I am wrong I will eat humble pie but I see Mildenhall using both black and whites and still losing by 15.

Looks like one of us will :)

Setting off in 15 minutes.

Some how I doubt if it will be forgotten again.

Truly unbelievable.

Looks like one of us will :)

Setting off in 15 minutes.

Cant believe you forecast this one so way out HT. To be fair I think Stoke may have suffered a similar fate at the hands of an outstanding Scunthorpe Team. Makes tomorrows encounter more interesting as it will both teams only shot at Silverware. Just cannot see Mildenhall pulling back on Sunday.

Wow, well done Scunfield, particularly Stefan :cheers:

What a meeting :D

Cant believe you forecast this one so way out HT.

I can. I always was a lousy tipster.

Mind you, I don't think there are many who would have predicted that score line.

It says everything that Heeps scored half of Mildenhall's total becuase he was really the only Fen Tiger who got to grips with the opposition, Hargreaves & Jacobs in particular being very disappointing indeed.

Despite the result, there was some very entertaining racing and while Scunny did most of it the best ride of the night was Blackbird's determined last bend second place in heat 7.

Its a tall order for Mildenhall because I don't think they have got a score like that all season at home. I am not writing them off just yet, though.....

Awesome Meeting. Brilliant Racing as Already said.

IF YOU READ THIS MR GODFERY: Please dont do away with the Saints. They are Superb whether its the Highs of this season or like the last few seasons before its always very entertaining and the racing at this level is on par if not better then Premier League.

What a meeting :D

Squall Noooooo!???? Noooooo!???? Surely you can't admit to even a slightest cheer? Are you embarrassingly 'band wagoning'?

For once (nearly) every one of BSPA, Speedway Star, Scunthorpe, Sheffield had SCUNTHORPE errrrrm ALONE as the listed participating team in the final.

Squall surely you not doing what most of the UK, and in particular Londoners do, as in cheering on a non-home town team (Manchester United). Let's be clear....Sheffield?????.....hate to tell you this but.....according to the record books and semi-final results Sheffield have NOTHING to do with this final and likely Trophy win.

Not sure if i mentioned this before but......oh! for an always referred to Scunthorpe/Sheffield team.

Without abuse answer me Squall counter me?

Edited by manchesterpaul

Awesome Meeting. Brilliant Racing as Already said.

IF YOU READ THIS MR GODFERY: Please dont do away with the Saints. They are Superb whether its the Highs of this season or like the last few seasons before its always very entertaining and the racing at this level is on par if not better then Premier League.

No way can/should /would the Sheffield and Scunthorpe promotions shut down the National League team. What a great meeting, not just the winning but the racing and determination of all the youngsters involved. This is the breeding ground for the future Brits and must continue. Rob, David and Neil must see the sense and passion in the running of this league and long may Scunfield, Saints, Prowlers or what ever you want to call 'em continue. :cheers:

Fantastic meeting and awesome racing! Seen 60 odd meetings this year and that was the best meeting I've seen.

Well done to Sheff/Scunny, they were brilliant and most of the points coming from the back.

First time I've seen Heeps and he was impressive and was a one man show for the Fen Tigers.

So 29 points is a huge lead but us Sheffield fans know that has been obtained before after a 30 point comeback against PL Champs Edinburgh last year. So is defo not over yet!

Looking forward to Sunday :)

Edited by Tigerite

No way can/should /would the Sheffield and Scunthorpe promotions shut down the National League team. What a great meeting, not just the winning but the racing and determination of all the youngsters involved. This is the breeding ground for the future Brits and must continue. Rob, David and Neil must see the sense and passion in the running of this league and long may Scunfield, Saints, Prowlers or what ever you want to call 'em continue. :cheers:

Totally agree, I've personally enjoyed Sheffield's involvement with the NL again this season. I'm sure Neil/Rob will hopefully try and work something out ;)

Big win for the Saints tonight against what was a one man effort for Mildenhall,if it wasnt for poor old Gary Irving braking a chain while lead home what looked like another 5-1 could have been alot worse

Got to feel for Gaz,smashed up two bikes and bust his collar bone again i hear,neither his fault

Some of the racing was top draw,Wrathall and Blackbird haveing some super races,Richie from the back a couple of times and a perfect plan in Heat 15 by the superb twins

Edited by montie

Totally agree, I've personally enjoyed Sheffield's involvement with the NL again this season. I'm sure Neil/Rob will hopefully try and work something out ;)

Great effort by the Sheff fans this evening too to turn out in good numbers,nice to see

Great effort by the Sheff fans this evening too to turn out in good numbers,nice to see

Good number of Sheffield fans going down on Sunday to support the guys too, hope to join forces with the Scunny fans there;)