British Speedway Forum
Halifaxtiger

Nl Play Off Final

Congratulations to Stu Parnaby , Rob Godfrey and all at Scunfield!! See you next Sunday when you close the 2011 Newport season at 6pm when they face the Hornets

So a two legged playoff final produces 2 of the best meetings people have seen all season and is decided on the line in the 30th heat?

How can ANYBODY knock the playoffs after it entertains like that.

The PL was over (realistically) over a month ago and we've just gone through the motions.

A big well done to both Scunfield and Mildenhall for providing such a fantastic end to the season.

So a two legged playoff final produces 2 of the best meetings people have seen all season and is decided on the line in the 30th heat?

How can ANYBODY knock the playoffs after it entertains like that.

The PL was over (realistically) over a month ago and we've just gone through the motions.

A big well done to both Scunfield and Mildenhall for providing such a fantastic end to the season.

:approve:

If ever there was glory in defeat then today was the day!

Those I stand with were all hopeful, no more, of holding onto our unbeaten home record. What followed was incredible, some brilliant racing as well despite the score.

Mildenhall gave their all today, and to go down by just one point isn't easy to take, but when you look at what has been achieved this season, The KO Cup, an air fence, brilliant racing week after week, top presentation, and a team and promotion to be proud of, then we feel like winners to :approve:

Mildenhall speedway has come so far since the dark days of last summer, and this is only the beginning.

Congratualtions to Scunthorpe/Sheffield on winning the Play Offs, and I do hope you are back in 2012. The NL is a great product and would be poorer without you

EDITED TO ADD: Just read Adz comments on the updates, and yes you would go a long way to see a better race than Heat 10 :approve:

Edited by PhilK

Those I stand with were all hopeful, no more, of holding onto our unbeaten home record. What followed was incredible, some brilliant racing as well despite the score.

Mildenhall gave their all today, and to go down by just one point isn't easy to take, but when you look at what has been achieved this season, The KO Cup, an air fence, brilliant racing week after week, top presentation, and a team and promotion to be proud of, then we feel like winners to :approve:

Mildenhall speedway has come so far since the dark days of last summer, and this is only the beginning.

Congratualtions to Scunthorpe/Sheffield on winning the Play Offs, and I do hope you are back in 2012. The NL is a great product and would be poorer without you.

PhilK your post personifies all that's right with the sport :cheers:

If only EL teams were so gracious in defeat - or humble in success - then Speedway might be seen as a professional sport with decent supporters.

Long Live NL Speedway

...and - nicking and twisting a quote from Charles Dickens "Please Mr Godfrey, can we have some more... (NL Speedway)"

Congratualtions to Scunthorpe/Sheffield on winning the Play Offs, and I do hope you are back in 2012. The NL is a great product and would be poorer without you

EDITED TO ADD: Just read Adz comments on the updates, and yes you would go a long way to see a better race than Heat 10 :approve:

Echo that Phil - Congratulations to Scunny, and what a way to end a season.

This one had it all, anybody who did not enjoy that hasn't got a pulse.

The NL is a great product, we have had a fantastic first season back and seen some superb racing - and drawn supporters from far and wide, not all Mildenhall supporters but also people who haven't been to speedway in years.

A good close season to all ( even Montie :cheers: ) and hope to have you all and a few more tracks back next year.

Kev

If only EL teams were so gracious in defeat - or humble in success - then Speedway might be seen as a professional sport with decent supporters.

Bit of a generalisation there :blink: although I'm pretty sure I know which team and fan you are talking about :wink:

Well Done to Shefffield/ Scunthorpe team, lets hope that both Promotion keep this team going for next season.

For the benefit of Manchester Paul and Parsloe,

Sheffield had 4 league meetings rode at Sheffield in these meetings they were called the Sheffield Prowlers , in corresponding fixtures away they were again called surprise surprise Sheffield Prowlers.

When the team rode at Scunthorpe they were called The Saints, I leave you to guess what they were called in the corresponding fixture.

Most Sheffield fans are happy with the arrangement and I believe that most Scunthorpe fans were, because at the end of the day both clubs have a strong tradition of encouraging young British riders in the past in fact Sheffield had a really good Conference League team some years back.

Hopefully this answers your questions, and to why both sets of fans are happy, and hopefully it might encourage more mergers and give more opportunities to more younger riders.

Superb speedway!

For £10 adult admission price, you won't get better value for money anywhere in any sport for that price!

Well Done to Shefffield/ Scunthorpe team, lets hope that both Promotion keep this team going for next season.

For the benefit of Manchester Paul and Parsloe,

Sheffield had 4 league meetings rode at Sheffield in these meetings they were called the Sheffield Prowlers , in corresponding fixtures away they were again called surprise surprise Sheffield Prowlers.

When the team rode at Scunthorpe they were called The Saints, I leave you to guess what they were called in the corresponding fixture.

Most Sheffield fans are happy with the arrangement and I believe that most Scunthorpe fans were, because at the end of the day both clubs have a strong tradition of encouraging young British riders in the past in fact Sheffield had a really good Conference League team some years back.

Hopefully this answers your questions, and to why both sets of fans are happy, and hopefully it might encourage more mergers and give more opportunities to more younger riders.

I think it took supporters a bit of getting used to - after all the teams are 'sworn enemies' when there's a local derby in the PL :lol: . However, the opportunity of be able to see good quality NL racing was worth - and in the end it has worked... :t:

Congatulations to Midenhall on a great comeback

Congatulations to Scunthorpe on their overall win.

A bit of cliche I know, but today speedway was the winner.

For and end of season summary, KOC Winners,top 4 in the league, play off finals runners up, a new air fence, good crowds, and all with one of the youngest teams in the league.

Yeah not bad for a club whose very existence was under threat until after the league AGM had been held.

Too many people people at Mildenhall to thank personally for this, so just to say to anyone who has helped the Fen Tigers during 2011 season a massive thank you from this Postie and his wife. Here's to next year. :drink:

Some great pictures from a great afternoon :cheers: