British Speedway Forum
PhilK

Mildenhall 2012

Hi guys not seen much of Mildenhall have they got a number 7 rider yet ?

Hi guys not seen much of Mildenhall have they got a number 7 rider yet ?

Hi Greg, not that I know of.

Don't quote me on it, but I think they may be

holding some sort of pre season training school/practice and would offer

the remaining team place to the best rider on show. Not 100% certain on

that, but I'm sure I read that somewhere.

From the Official Mildenhall Website after last weekend's Fans Forum

Louis also confirmed that the final member of the 2012 Fen Tigers line-up will be announced at the club's Press and Practice day on Sunday 18th March at West Row.

I noticed on the Mildenhall website that entrance fees have gone up 20% from £10 last season to £12 for the upcoming season ;)

For me its gone down about 8% ish, from £26 to £24 ! result....

Ah ha! I see where my £2 is going now! Couldn't we just have met outside the turnstiles each meeting and I could have given you a couple a quid and it would have saved all the fuss of changing the prices!! :lol:

yeah cheers refereerick :approve: always a difficult decision I would have thought to judge the entrance fee, any changes etc etc. Personally I am happy to pay £12 for entrance, to what was last year some of the best entertainment I have seen at Mildenhall for sometime. Then for me as an added bonus the two kids get in free ! so overall its cheaper (for me and anyone else with children). As its advertised as a family sport, and its imperative to get kids to attend so they become tomorrows loyal supporters, this is a good move.

I was speaking to someone yesterday and said the main thing is, does Mildenhall Speedway offer great value? do the meetings run on time? medical cover ready and waiting? a much improved track? (no blue lines) the answer to all the above last year was YES, so I have no reservations about the entrance fee.

• Like 1

Just out of interest..mildenhalls crowds seemed to increase last year, would it not be viable option to return to the premier league, maybe next year? What would you fans prefer, would you pay an extra few quid to watch a more structured league (by that i mean, a proper competition, all teams one agenda) or are you content paying less and being the big fish in the national league?

I would say the best speedway I have ever witnessed happened last year in the play off finals ! doubt that will ever be repeated. As long as the racing is entertaining, good track and run well, I dont personally care which league its in...

• Like 1

The problem that I would have with the admission prices is the price for Seniors. I notice that this is same as for adults but with a free programme!.As a couple we do not require 2 programmes!There are very few tracks that now include free programe with admission. A token reduction in the price would be appreciated.

Just out of interest..mildenhalls crowds seemed to increase last year, would it not be viable option to return to the premier league, maybe next year? What would you fans prefer, would you pay an extra few quid to watch a more structured league (by that i mean, a proper competition, all teams one agenda) or are you content paying less and being the big fish in the national league?

The crowds did increase last year and were the best for many a year overall. However I certainly see no need to rush back into the PL just yet.

I dont agree with your comment about a more stuctured league or paying less in the NL and being a big fish either, I think the NL is a brilliant product.

Personally I would like to see us stay in the NL for another couple of seasons and consolidate the excellent work of last year. Don't forget in June 2010 crowds were around 300!

It may be that when Ipswich are ready to return to the EL, Mildenhall will have everything in place to move to PL?? Who knows but as Damon so rightly said above

" does Mildenhall Speedway offer great value? do the meetings run on time? medical cover ready and waiting? a much improved track? (no blue lines) the answer to all the above last year was YES"

and that is more important to me than the league we are in!

It may be that when Ipswich are ready to return to the EL, Mildenhall will have everything in place to move to PL??

That i'm led to believe is Chris Louis' plan from what I've been told. He's looking to move both clubs up a division in 2014, with the slight possibility of it happening in 2013 if certain things fall in to place.

The relationships between the two clubs will remain.