British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle Of Wight 2012

Good to see Paul has turned down other Club to stick with the IOW.

Good to see Paul has turned down other Club to stick with the IOW.

Certainly is! Read the full interview http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.14124.6

I was reading a very interesting inerview with John Resch in the speedway star this week where John himself admits that he doesn't know whether he'll be fit for the start of the season or not. It sounds like a similar situation as to Jason Lyons at Redcar and they've plumped for Ulrich Ostergaard. I'd certainly like him in the team but it's up to the club as to whether they take the gamble or not.

A bit delayed but welcome back Danny. If I assume we are going for a 3.00 rider then it leaves 11.08 for the last pair, who could be:

Rob Smith & John Resch 10.77

Ben Hopwood & Aaron Baseby 10.84

Luke Priest & Aaron Baseby 10.67 (that would actually allow for Tom Hill to sign on 3.38)

Darren Mallett & Luke Chessell 10.99

Luke Priest & Scott Campos 11.06

Any of the top 3 will do for me

A bit delayed but welcome back Danny. If I assume we are going for a 3.00 rider then it leaves 11.08 for the last pair, who could be:

Rob Smith & John Resch 10.77

Ben Hopwood & Aaron Baseby 10.84

Luke Priest & Aaron Baseby 10.67 (that would actually allow for Tom Hill to sign on 3.38)

Darren Mallett & Luke Chessell 10.99

Luke Priest & Scott Campos 11.06

Any of the top 3 will do for me

Luke u can rule out mate think from what i heard he is taking time out also Darren is not fit im not sure about Ben Hopwood didnt the club sell him last year ?

Luke u can rule out mate think from what i heard he is taking time out also Darren is not fit im not sure about Ben Hopwood didnt the club sell him last year ?

I'll be disappointed if Darren doesn't make the start of the year, i've always thought he was good value. I assumed he'd be at KL with Tom Stokes

We did sell Ben last year, as part of the deal that took Rob Smith to Smallbrook, but in all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if he did return. His 5.96 is more appealing than his 6.83 (?) last winter. Though I must admit that I was glad he went, he at least knew what consistency meant & last year only Nick achieved that!

Btw Greg I assume you mean Luke Priest? Too bad

Been very quiet on this tread, any thoughts on who the final rider will be?.

Someone to talk to :) Are you an Islanders fan slimonce? My guess would be John Resch, i guess the delay is to make sure he's fit. But there's not many riders with an average below 4.60 if he isn't. Hope he is though, we need a positive season :)

Would Matt Bates fit?

Or is his average a tad too high?

Would Matt Bates fit?

Unfortunately not, his average is 4.63, 0.03 too high

Someone to talk to :) Are you an Islanders fan slimonce? My guess would be John Resch, i guess the delay is to make sure he's fit. But there's not many riders with an average below 4.60 if he isn't. Hope he is though, we need a positive season :)

Yes I'am a long-time Islanders fan, I to had hoped it would be John, but from what I hear he isn't fit to ride at present, shame really as he had showed alot of promise, after attending the fans forum last night I don't think we'll have to long await before the last rider is announced.

It appears the Islanders have resigned Ben Hopwood according to the Bspa site, as a replacement for Rob Smith who is unable to ride due to a knee injury.

Ben should do a good job for us, as did Rob in fairness, hope he recovers soon and welcome Back Ben.

It appears the Islanders have resigned Ben Hopwood according to the Bspa site, as a replacement for Rob Smith who is unable to ride due to a knee injury.

Ben should do a good job for us, as did Rob in fairness, hope he recovers soon and welcome Back Ben.

Unlucky on Rob, he did improve as the season went on last year which you would expect with him having a year out. However if you're right about Resch not being fit yet (I didnt go to the forum) it leaves us with 5.12 to play with so please, please let that rider be Aaron Baseby. As regards to Rob I hope it's not too serious & welcome back Ben :)

Slimonce, who'd you like to see at #7? And anyone else??

Would Matt Bates fit?

Now that Ben has signed i would go for Matt Bates for the last spot, at reserve he would be a very handy rider to have there.