British Speedway Forum
waiheke1

Great Partnerships

I guess the opposite of the thread "great rivalries", interested in the great partnerships that people remember.

A few to start:

Chris Morton and Peter Collins: Best team rideing pairing ever?

Kelly and Shaun Moran: Spectacular pairing for club and country

Phil Collins and Alan Graham: Backbone of the great Cradley sides of the 80s, as well as a handy pairing for England.

Hans Nielsen and Erik Gundersen: enough said

Pater Ravn and Jan O Pedersen: strongest reserve pairing ever (Cradley 83)

Sigalos and Schwartz: Last pair to record a perfect score in the World Pairs Final, and a very strong pairing for the USA in tests

Hans Nielsen and anyboy (1986): Went the whole BL without conceding worse than a 3-3 away from home.

Andy Smith and Chris Morton/Peter Collins: Even more spectacular round hyde road than the Mort/PC pairing , as Andy (in the early years at least) was an even worse gater and certainly more wild in his efforts from the back.

Jack Parker and Bill Pitcher

Wal Morton and Geoff Pymar

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Edited by olddon

Hamill and Hancock.

And perhaps more surprisingly Cross and Nahlin. It was a short-lived partnership but they were prolific as a 3/4 pairing when we also had Hamill/Hancock as the two heat leaders. They were no quite so consistent away but at Dudley Wood a Cross/Nahlin 5-1 was nailed on and for them to record 2 or 3 5-1's at home each week was not unusual.

I guess the opposite of the thread "great rivalries", interested in the great partnerships that people remember.

A few to start:

Chris Morton and Peter Collins: Best team rideing pairing ever?

Kelly and Shaun Moran: Spectacular pairing for club and country

Phil Collins and Alan Graham: Backbone of the great Cradley sides of the 80s, as well as a handy pairing for England.

Hans Nielsen and Erik Gundersen: enough said

Pater Ravn and Jan O Pedersen: strongest reserve pairing ever (Cradley 83)

Sigalos and Schwartz: Last pair to record a perfect score in the World Pairs Final, and a very strong pairing for the USA in tests

Hans Nielsen and anyboy (1986): Went the whole BL without conceding worse than a 3-3 away from home.

Andy Smith and Chris Morton/Peter Collins: Even more spectacular round hyde road than the Mort/PC pairing , as Andy (in the early years at least) was an even worse gater and certainly more wild in his efforts from the back.

PC and Chris would be the best I think. :approve::approve:

Ronnie Moore and anyone

Traitor.

How about a Rangers pairing such as Tom Farndon and anyone?

Edited by Split

Ronnie Moore and anyone

word for word what I was going to type :rolleyes:

Traitor.

How about a Rangers pairing such as Tom Farndon and anyone?

Sadly, from what I've heard and read, Tom Farndon didn't go in much for team riding. He was more of an individual. And I know Wimbledon were the sworn enemy but you can't take it away from Ronnie Moore, possibly - no, probably - the greatest team rider of all time.

Other great team riders would include Norman Parker, Ken McKinlay and Kelvin Mullarkey.

word for word what I was going to type :rolleyes:

Perhaps we could form a coalition, arnie...oh no, you're already taken!

I thought the Forum asked how many great parterships there were and not name one rider and guess who might his partner be

Quite right, mick. This must be the first time ever in the history of the BSF that a thread has wandered slightly off topic.

Personally, I blame waihekeaces1 for saying in the opening post on his own topic, "Hans Nielsen and anyboy"

Edited by norbold

Quite right, mick. This must be the first time ever in the history of the BSF that a thread has wandered slightly off topic.

So you can rectify that now and put up who were the great partners with Norman Parker, Ken KcKinlay, Ronnie Moore and Kelvin Mullarkey and that will put the thread back on topic

Terry Betts and David Gagen, certainly around Saddlebow Road in the late 70s early 80s

AS an Aces fan Mort and PC were phenomenal (god knows how many 5-1 they got in heat 13!!). Bobby Schwartz was one of the best team riders ever, always looked like he had eyes in the back of his helmet!!!Also i remember a certain Tatum and Knudsen being very prolific for the bees in the 80s!!!Shooey and Jellyman were probably the most exciting i ever watched be it for Sheffield or BV. Sadly you dont tend to see as much team riding these days. although of the current generation Ward and Holder are pretty special (even if i does pain me to say so!!!!).