British Speedway Forum
Lioness

Shane Parker Farewell 18th March 5pm

8 weeks till the messiah farewell , cannot wait full bus load , and many more going in cars, cracking line up so far , will be a great day

omg third bend kids en masse invade Sheffield - have the public been warned? ;)

It should be a great day if a bit of a sad one. are you lot staying overnight Charlie? What hotels should we avoi....err I mean try and get into ;P

• Like 1

omg third bend kids en masse invade Sheffield - have the public been warned? ;)

It should be a great day if a bit of a sad one. are you lot staying overnight Charlie? What hotels should we avoi....err I mean try and get into ;P

We're all in the Garrison , god help them :shock: And the New Barrack Tavern will be a bit lively on the eve of the meeting . :wink:

• Like 1

We're all in the Garrison , god help them :shock: And the New Barrack Tavern will be a bit lively on the eve of the meeting . :wink:

Got in touch with Steph and Kevin, at the New Barrack Tavern to warn them to expect a coach load Glaswegians on the Saturday night/ Sunday Afternoon.

Here is the message back;

Thanks for letting us know, I better warn the post office about the Scottish notes :) will be great to see you all again x

Lol, they have met Paulco before and all they worry about is the Scottish bank notes :drink: lol

Just out of interest what did they do first? Put the brewery on standby for extra supplies or go and get the brochures for the exotic holiday they will be able to afford after the Glasgow gang have visited? lol.

Wonder when the next rider will be announced for Shane's? I assume that the NZ Grand Prix will mean no Chris Holder which is a shame

yes please , landlord or landlady of new barrack please please have plaenty of beer, cider , jagger bombs and jack in stock , cause the real tigers are in town, yes will be a great day but sad 1 as firestarter is hanging up the racesuit

maybe to early to ask but will the meeting be filmed

So, the advertising in the post above yours is working well then :rolleyes:

GRT Media will be filming the action and the DVD will include various interviews and extras, so I'm told.

I thought Chris Holder and Darcy Ward were announced at the end of last season to be riding in this meeting?

I didnt know that but I thought that the only names officially announced so far are Greg and Magic?

I didnt know that but I thought that the only names officially announced so far are Greg and Magic?

He did say at the Farewell Dinner in November that the first three names were Chris Holder, Darcy Ward and Freddie Lindgren.

He did say at the Farewell Dinner in November that the first three names were Chris Holder, Darcy Ward and Freddie Lindgren.

shhhhh, drip - feed - announcements

i did hear of another (as yet unconfirmed) exciting addition

Yeah Dave Hoggart nearly had a heart attack on the spot when he said it.

Will there be a spare bed in your room or will I be kipping on my lilo again at Spinnys?

Almost half the field announced:

http://youtu.be/vznS2Zfdga8

To answer the earlier question, GRT Media are pleased covering the event, & are working towards making the DVD something special - and fitting of the occasion.

There'll be more details of those plans to follow too!

Bob Tasker

GRT Media

Yeah Dave Hoggart nearly had a heart attack on the spot when he said it.

Lol you have to love riders for letting things slip!

After this week though I think you hae to keep the 'firestarter' away from all things flamable - especially garages! ;)

Already shaping up to be a good line up. With some of the early season meeting line ups will the rest of the season end up an anti climax?

Charlie's right tho, a sad day as well as a great day. Its hard to believe its 8 years since Shane donned the stripes declaring it would be his last season in speedway!