Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

Recommended Posts

Well, the MotoGp Court of Appeal has annulled the double long lap penalty handed out to Marq Marquez for knocking Miguel Olivera in Portimao, Portugal GP.

The rule stated the penalty would be served at the next GP.  Problem was Marquez was unlikely to race at the next GP due to injury. So the statement was issued that the penalty would be served next time Marquez raced. Honda appealed, they have won the appeal, so the penalty is annulled.

The rule has now been amended such that the penalty will be served at the next GP the rider participates.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another superb Sprint race today. It really adds more entertainment to the Saturday programme. Sad to see Miller and Quartraro crash out, especially Jack as he was going so well this weekend, and Fabio had dragged himself up from sixteenth on the grid to eightth when he lost it. Should be interesting tomorrow with Bagnia, Marquez and Marini on the front row.

Highlight for the Brits was Lowes on pole in Moto2. It seems to me that no matter how much BT  big-up the two Moto3 lads they seem to be going backwards this year, especially young Ogden. It won't be long before Anna Carasco is qualifying ahead of them.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jrs said:

Another superb Sprint race today. It really adds more entertainment to the Saturday programme. Sad to see Miller and Quartraro crash out, especially Jack as he was going so well this weekend, and Fabio had dragged himself up from sixteenth on the grid to eightth when he lost it. Should be interesting tomorrow with Bagnia, Marquez and Marini on the front row.

Highlight for the Brits was Lowes on pole in Moto2. It seems to me that no matter how much BT  big-up the two Moto3 lads they seem to be going backwards this year, especially young Ogden. It won't be long before Anna Carasco is qualifying ahead of them.

 

The KTM’s are going really well this year and I am very impressed with how Jack has transitioned to the bike and consistently running in the top 3 or 4!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do feel sorry for Joan Mir and Alex Rins. Both looked comfortable on Suzukis, then they had to change and all that was left was Hondas. Now both are out of the next GP after both breaking bones with falls. Even MM is struggling with his Honda these days. Honda has lost the plot, Yamaha lost it some time ago, Aprillia not gained anything this year on the Ducatis, KTM not quite there neither but not far off. Quatararo must be wishing he kicked Yamaha in touch at the end f last year and got a Ducati ride. How does MM get out of Honda contract? Indeed how does Quatararo? But where do they go if they did? Eight Ducatis is enough, KTM and Aprillia probably don’t have the resources, and Yamaha….. wouldn’t be surprised if they not around next year…but that poses problems seriously for Quatararo (no machine). I think DORNA have a massive problem on their hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to another good scrap in the sprint race in a few minutes time. Good to see Fabio going a lot better this weekend, lets hope it continues in tomorrows race.

ps So Fabio finishes third but may lose it if Binder appeals. The margins have got so tight now in motogp life gets difficult for the guys at times with track limits, at least it's good to see the man and Yamaha doing better. Hope it bodes well for tomorrow.

 

Edited by jrs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is obviously a difference between "todays" top bikes (Ducati, KTM, Aprilia) and the also rans (Yamaha and Honda). My suggestion for equalising is to make the black tarmac the race track and riders have to stay within its limits. At the moment all can use the red/white kerbing as part of the race track. Touching the green bit is beyond limits and doing it a few times gives you a long lap or position drop penalty. However, when it rains no one wants to touch the wet red/white kerbing, they all manage to stay on the black bit. So, restrict all riders to the black stuff even when its dry, that will cut the speed a bit in dry conditions, evening things out a bit, enough to make some difference I reckon.

Pleased Jake Dixon got the monkey off his ack and won his first Moto2 race. I hope now he can confidently take on the very top rider in Moto2 and maybe next year be able to be seriously considered for a MotoGP ride, I think Dorna would welcome a Brit on the grid again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At last normal service is resumed at Silverstone this weekend. It's difficult to try and predict the next few months, but I expect it will be a mixed bag for the second half of the season. Moto2 hopefully will go to the big prospect and Acosta will avoid any pitfalls and take the title in three months time. and with luck Dixon will be up there again. Both Ogden and Whatley put in decent times in Moto3 but their seats in the team must be under severe pressure.

And to complete the weekend it's the start of the real football season. With so many changes in managers and players it should be an interesting start to the promotion races.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice surprise to see Ogden qualify in P2.  Must be his and the teams first ever front row start. Looking forward to tomorrow mornings race.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this weekend will be Ogdens breakthrough. Not moving up the list quick enough…. Until now…. So maybe….

I agree, pressure must be on both Ogden and Wheatley, hanging around 15-25 for a season and half is not good….assuming the bike is a good one.

I feel for Quatararo…. stuck on what has become a poor bike. Amazing how things have changed. Yam and Honda struggling where one time they ruled. 
I would love Aleix go like he did last year before his season fell apart.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have the highlights gone from itv4, can't get it on discovery+ either says I have to upgrade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bruno said:

Have the highlights gone from itv4, can't get it on discovery+ either says I have to upgrade

One hour highlights will be on itv4 on Monday at 8pm.

you can’t get MotoGP on discovery+ because the contract is with BT.  Of course BT is now in with discovery+ but this year (and it’s only from very recent months) you pay extra to get it.

My worry is the £60 per year I pay for discovery+ (a bargain) to see SpeedwayGP, World Superbikes, and some British Speedway premiership matches (plus other sports I like to watch ie mountain bikes etc) will increase enormously next year when it’s all integrated properly. I expect a monthly fee of £30 and some more. I cannot afford to pay that, and certainly havnt got the time to watch it all. 
I can see this could be the last year watching speedwaygp due to increase cost. I appreciate Discovery+ is much more than Sport, but you would have to glue yourself to the screen to watch it all, which I am not prepared to do, even though I am 76 I am still active in other things. At £60 per year discovery+ is to me a bargain for what I watch, I would pay more willingly just to keep it as it is, but I fear the cost will shoot up beyond what I want to pay/ can afford to pay. Will just have to see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta feel sorry for Ogden stalling on the warm up lap and having to start from the back of the grid.. But he fought back to finish with the lead group and finish 17th in a hectic and entertaining race.Seems incredible to think that the first seventeen crossed the finish line within two seconds of the winner Alonso. As for Alonso it was an incredible ride in only his tenth ever start in the series, he qualified in last place but worked his way through the field to take the win. 

Good first victory for eighteen year old Aldeguer in moto2 he's been knocking on the door for the last year with the battered Acosta third, sad for Dixon to go out on the first lap. Thought his interview was a bit OTT, but that's emotion for you. He'll be back.

Bagnia took the big race whilst the others dropped by the wayside in the changing conditions, but another close finish to complete the weekend.

Good to have motogp back after the break and hopefully the second half of the season will bring more tight finishes and exciting racing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jrs said:

Gotta feel sorry for Ogden stalling on the warm up lap and having to start from the back of the grid.. But he fought back to finish with the lead group and finish 17th in a hectic and entertaining race.Seems incredible to think that the first seventeen crossed the finish line within two seconds of the winner Alonso. As for Alonso it was an incredible ride in only his tenth ever start in the series, he qualified in last place but worked his way through the field to take the win. 

Good first victory for eighteen year old Aldeguer in moto2 he's been knocking on the door for the last year with the battered Acosta third, sad for Dixon to go out on the first lap. Thought his interview was a bit OTT, but that's emotion for you. He'll be back.

Bagnia took the big race whilst the others dropped by the wayside in the changing conditions, but another close finish to complete the weekend.

Good to have motogp back after the break and hopefully the second half of the season will bring more tight finishes and exciting racing.

Did Bagnia win? I read he was passed on the last lap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Did Bagnia win? I read he was passed on the last lap.

Sorry, it's my age lol, he was winning it and my brain must have switched off. ;)  The man who thinks he is the best rider in the World won it, Espargaro  !!

Edited by jrs
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking Moto3 and Moto2 races at Catalunya yesterday, and thankfully Bagnaia escaped without any fractures after his horrific first lap accident. I really feared the outcome for Bagnaia after being run over by Binder, and it's testimony to the skill and reactions of the other riders that the rest of the field managed to avoid Bagnaia lying in the middle of the track. It was difficult to get back into the race after the restart, after all the other carnage at the start of the race. But it turned into an Aprillia double with Espargaro and Vinales in first and second.

Hopefully Missano next week will be less eventfu,l, though Bastianini looks like he will be missing after two lots of surgery this week and even though Bagnaia says he will try and be fit and ready for Sunday it would be amazing after the battering he took yesterday.

Although I am not a fan of Dixon I thought he rode a brilliant race to take the victory in moto2 from Cannet. After two wins this season I hope he can find the right level of consistency and challenge Acosta and Cannet for the title.

Sad to read the news that Paul Bird, for so long a stalwart of BSB died suddenly yesterday.. He will be badly missed in motorcycling circles. RIP Paul and thoughts are with his family and this sad time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy