British Speedway Forum

Nicki P,fantastic,but what the hell is the boy on...only he could see he was`nt wrong...perhaps he has a hiden pair of boobs,and a f...ny

Can`t believe Sam Ermolenko was on about riders boxes tonight,spit my beer out....

Nice to see Freddie get the win in front of his home fans, hopefully that'll mean now Bomber and Freddie have home GP wins, that both can drop out happy at the end of the year and allow some new talent in.

• Like 1

Well for what its worth i side with what SCB is saying,the confusion is that the ref put the blue exclusion light on ,in league racing on the last lap the rule is crystal clear-award the race,but the SGP is differant as we are led to believe from years of watching that no matter what you cant declare the race finished if he excludes someone,the blue light cleary came on so the only option is to re run it.Thats what we are led to beleive year in year out.Someone somewhere should make the rules crystal clear,not even nigel,kelvin,louis ermolenko and alot of fans didnt know the rule ,its so stupid not to have a crystal clear decion to make that everyone understands.

while im on that issue who knew the 2 minutes warning in re runs was not done by the ref. but some director of speedway?!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by speedy den boy

Well for what its worth i side with what SCB is saying,the confusion is that the ref put the blue exclusion light on ,in league racing on the last lap the rule is crystal clear-award the race,but the SGP is differant as we are led to believe from years of watching that no matter what you cant declare the race finished if he excludes someone,the blue light cleary came on so the only option is to re run it.Thats what we are led to beleive year in year out.Someone somewhere should make the rules crystal clear,not even nigel,kelvin,louis ermolenko and alot of fans didnt know the rule ,its so stupid not to have a crystal clear decion to make that everyone understands.

The rule has been the same for nealry 40 years, and is perfectly clear...

Craig Ackroyd applied that rule as it should be today.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

WELL DONE FREDDIE. So proud of you. Lets hope its the start of something for him. He has the talent.

Welcome back to dirty Nicki. The only one who cant see its HIS fault.

• Like 2

tbh i'm not sure I see the reason for the semantics in the thread over the result of Semi 1.......... it is obvious that common sense prevailed...... as great as he is Crumpy was never getting 2nd in those final few seconds..... and after taking sensible avoiding action his point shouldnt be in doubt either

What should be debated long and hard for the next two weeks is the behaviour of NickiP ..... is he back? yes and good luck to him/his tuner while they get away with it........ but that has nothing to do with his outrageous behaviour at the end of that heat and his subsequent comments about THJ ............... pantomime villain or not he took a rider out at full speed down a straight and risked not injury to himself.. but the other rider

The rule has been the same for nealry 40 years, and is perfectly clear...

Craig Ackroyd applied that rule as it should be today.

All the best

Rob

All i want is to understand the rules-how come nigel,kelvin,louis ermolenko couldnt help? right or wrong what did you think the rule was? say if the same thing happened on the back straight of the last lap?Im not having a go its what we are led to beleive in gps-and what about the 2mins warning for riders in re runs-did you know that rule the its NOT DOWN TO THE REF

tbh i'm not sure I see the reason for the semantics in the thread over the result of Semi 1.......... it is obvious that common sense prevailed...... as great as he is Crumpy was never getting 2nd in those final few seconds..... and after taking sensible avoiding action his point shouldnt be in doubt either

What should be debated long and hard for the next two weeks is the behaviour of NickiP ..... is he back? yes and good luck to him/his tuner while they get away with it........ but that has nothing to do with his outrageous behaviour at the end of that heat and his subsequent comments about THJ ............... pantomime villain or not he took a rider out at full speed down a straight and risked not injury to himself.. but the other rider

Ouch. The bolded bit sounds like a suggestion that you think that Nicki's bikes aren't legal. Would you like to clarify whether that was your aim? ;)

The end of the Czech Gp and the start of this one were reminiscent of his dominant year in 2007. He wasn't necessarily dropping the clutch the fastest but was driving to the first turn amazingly well.

As for his move on THJ. It was a GP semi final. Should he just sit back and settle for 3rd or actually try and make a pass? As it turned out, he picked up coming out of the corner and lifted which took him further out towards THJ than he probably planned to which caused the incident.

I was initially surprised by his finger wagging reaction to the crash, but I actually thought that his interview kinda made some sense. After lifting and heading out towards THJ, he apparently thought that THJ would get out the way rather than holding his ground and accepting a crash...or at least, that's how I took his words. If that is how he meant it, I can say in all honesty, I think he is probably right with that statement. Plenty of riders would have moved over and just let him by, but THJ wasn't to be denied on home shale and just stuck around and took the fall....and well done to him for doing that.

What tonight did prove was that Nicki IS back, and personally I love that he is....I was starting to worry that we had lost him after the last couple of GP seasons.

Now all I need to make me really happy in my SGP viewing is for Emil to get back in gear :)

Immediatly, NOT 3 second later after the leader has crossed the line.

You can't expect a man to remember a rule which (as far as I know) has not actually been referred to in modern day speedway, and immediately act upon it within 3 seconds? Come on. We're only human.

At the end of the day, his decision was bang on correct and that's all we need from a referee.

• Like 1

Well Done Freddie! A great GP and a deserving Victor!

• Like 1

All i want is to understand the rules-how come nigel,kelvin,louis ermolenko couldnt help? right or wrong what did you think the rule was? say if the same thing happened on the back straight of the last lap?Im not having a go its what we are led to beleive in gps-and what about the 2mins warning for riders in re runs-did you know that rule the its NOT DOWN TO THE REF

IN the GPs it is the Race Director who determines when the riders are ready for a rerun and then informs the referee to start the two minutes. Quite simple. In effect that is what happens for every GP heat. The two minutes is started by the referee when the Race Director orders the pit gate to be opened and the riders enter the track.

Craig Acroyd's semi-final decisions was also straightforward. The race had been competed the split second Hancock crossed the line and he could exclude Pedersen without a rerun. Simples.

Tonight after the Ullevi Grand Prix on Sky Sports there will be the Greyhound Derby Final. at Wimbledon.

Tonight's Speedway Grand Prix winner will get in the region of £6,500

Tonight's Greyhound Derby Winner will get £125,000

Therehas got to be something wrong somewhere when you would have to win nearly 20 GP's to get the same amount of money as what one mutt gets in a greyhound Derby race final

It will also be interesting to see how run down Wimbledon now is.

I guess it's down to breeding, i.e. the winner of the Greyhound Derby (Blonde Snapper?!) will earn a fortune at stud, whereas 'Fast' Freddie - although he may beg to differ, wouldn't be worth so much for his breeding exploits.

• Like 2

Can't believe THJ jumping off the bike like that and the ref bought it. Shocking! ;-)

Fancy giving Greg gate one in the semi though.

• Like 2

Craig Acroyd's semi-final decisions was also straightforward. The race had been competed the split second Hancock crossed the line and he could exclude Pedersen without a rerun. Simples.

Yes Craig did indeed make the correct decision, in fact there really was no decision to make, the ref is not there to make up his own rules, merely to apply them as per the rulebook, that is what Craig did. Of course it doesn't help fans understanding when the commentators keep repeating incorrect info.

• Like 1

Yes Craig did indeed make the correct decision, in fact there really was no decision to make, the ref is not there to make up his own rules, merely to apply them as per the rulebook, that is what Craig did. Of course it doesn't help fans understanding when the commentators keep repeating incorrect info.

That was a major problem last night. Maybe they need a referee as one of the studio guests, who can clarify the rules in such cases. Last night, the rules were applied perfectly, but because the wrong information was given on Sky, many fans were confused.

Anyway, let's get away from that and say what a great Grand Prix it was. There have been some shockers at Ullievi in the past decade, but last night's meeting was a classic.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1