British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Garrity A Raider?

At this level riders like Roynan, Garrity and Worral are vital as they actually get people to come and watch. There good for the league as more people will go to watch.

Have to agree with this part of what you said.

Without top class riders of any age in the NL, call it what you want, it will die.

Newcomers cannot learn the black art side of speedway. The BSPA and some posters on here do not know, and never will know, this in my opinion.

So leave the double/triple uppers alone and go and watch their developing skills, rumour suggest that in Sweden you can ride in 3 Leagues without any problem so why not in the UK?

Edited by berniev123

It will be interesting to see who gets Robert Lamberts signature when he turns 15.

He would be a big attraction and expensive!!

From what i saw on monday he would benefit more from a plain race suit and a little less ego though he does look pretty good.

From what i saw on monday he would benefit more from a plain race suit and a little less ego though he does look pretty good.

This is my worry. Hopefully his feet are planted firmly on the ground and he is surrounded by the right people. Not seen too much of him as he's been racing in Germany at weekends.

I recall a "race" he had with Nelson last year after a Rye House meeting. Didn't look 13 years of age. Hopefully he can be persuaded to ride for the Raiders when he's reached 15

Anyone know how he's getting on over on the continent?

Edited by Shadders

He rode in a individual meeting in Germany a few weeks ago and finished runner up i think against good standard opposition.Exceptional talent for his age

Meeting yesterday

1. Martin Smolinski (3,3,3,3,3) - 15

2. Piotr Swist (2,3,2,2,3) - 12+3

3. Jurica Pavlic (2,3,2,3,2) - 12+2

4. Jesper B. Monberg (3,3,1,3,1) - 11

5. Renat Gafurov (3,2,3,1,2) - 11

6. Marcel Helfer (1,1,3,2,2) - 9

7. Mark Lemon (1,2,1,2,3) - 9

8. Lukasz Jankowski (3,0,2,3,0) - 8

9. Victor Golubovsky (2,2,2,1,1) - 8

10. Max Dilger (2,2,1,2,1) - 8

11. Stuart Robson (0,0,3,A,2) - 5

12. Kasper Lykke Nielsen (1,0,0,0,3) - 4

13. Valentin Grobauer (1,1,0,0,0) - 2

14. Michell Hofmann (0,1,1,EX,0) - 2

15. Robert Lambert (0,B,0,1,1) - 2

16. Fritz Wallner (0,1,A,1,A) - 2

17. Lukas Ziegler (0) - 0

Edited by kiwi

How come he is allowed to ride meetings in Germany? At what age can they ride over there? Think we missing a trick here!

Can't be one who objects to the Garrity situation seeing as Ritchie Worrall is riding EL & NL for two clubs I'm involved with (Lakeside & Stoke) but as a matter of clarification what IS the ruling on this now and when did it change? Am sure a year or so ago it was prohibited for any rider who appeasred in the top division to also ride in the third tier..

As for Lambert - well we have a rule in the UK which says a rider has to be 15 to ride in any competitive league Speedway (including the junior/development leasgues) - threre has to be a cut off point somewhere and 15 is what it is...

You are allowed to ride 500s when you are 14 here.The Dryml brothers rode here before they were allowed to do so in Czecho.Max Dilger and a few others i think mad their Bundesliga debut at 14.

Here is Roberts win against Smolinski from a few weeks back.Hopefully i am going to see him ride here tomorrow in the U21s

Edited by iris123

Impressive... Thanks for the link Iris

If Garritys average fits then theres no reason why he shouldn't be in the NL!

Afterall hes hardly setting the world alight in the PL so his average would be under 5 anyway and he obviously could do with the extra rides!

No objections whatsoever against Garrity riding in the NL, he is attemting to make the step up to PL and needs the confidence boost and regular track time the NL rides will give him, after all its not as if the guy is a PL Heat leader, YET. ;)

Surprised he wasnt in from the start..I imagine Rockets matches will take preceedence,, Will definately strenghten the side ,,what happens when Mason wants to return can they both be fitted in??

Whats wrong with his race suit? he looks very well turned out to me, maybe even better than some NL/PL Riders, and as far as to say about his ego, I think he has both feet firmly on the ground, :t:

Nothing wrong with his racesuit, its a personal opinion that young riders should wear something a little less flash,much like at a lot of premiership football academies players are only allowed to wear black boots.As for ego i thought he looked a bit full of himself,hopefully he is as you say very grounded and good luck to him he is learning far more in each meeting on the continent than he will doing lap after lap on his own.I dont know the situation with Australia but if he is eligible to ride a 500 down under at his age maybe he should be encouraged to try and get on the Young Brits trip.Getting time off school would oviously be an issue.