British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

British Semi-finals Line-up

So is Rye off today then ?

YES!!

So whats the betting that the BSPA cancel both semi finals and just seed the top 16 in the averages straight through to the British Final. They will of coarse blame the weather and not their incompetence!!!! :icon_smile_clown:

YES!!

Is that official..!

This whole episode appears to be a complete shambles. Why try to run this meeting when the riders clubs are racing, surely there would be a date when all eligible riders are not riding elsewhere. We now have the situation where Simon Stead rode at Swindon instead of this Semi final, now the meeting has been cancelled will he be able to ride when the meeting is rerun. I accept that Simon chose to ride at Swindon but that should not exclude him from any rerun.

I also believe that Sheffield was always his personal preference over Rye House.

Called off on BSPA site ((

To be restaged Tuesday, July 17th.

So whats the betting that the BSPA cancel both semi finals and just seed the top 16 in the averages straight through to the British Final. They will of coarse blame the weather and not their incompetence!!!! :icon_smile_clown:

Yes, because it's "their incompetence" that has rained off both meetings? Maybe the red wether alert in the south west is as a result of the BSPA penalising Plymouth for appearing understrength at the end of last season.

If they did go down the route of seeding the top 16, what's the problem with that?

Maybe you would prefer the Danish Championship this year, where one semi final was repeatedly re scheduled / abandoned until it ran the night before the final, with the proviso that if it rained again, they'd just pick 7 qualifiers.

It's miserable down here. Not surprised the meeting has been called off.

To be restaged Tuesday, July 17th.

are there any swedish league fixtures that night. :unsure:

Tuesday 17th it is then!

That might be a first for Rye..? Has there ever been a Tuesday meeting at the old place I wonder..?

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

Called off on BSPA site ((

I couldn't find it on the BSPA site. It should be absolutely prominient on the site to prevent fans making unecessary journeys. But that would imply that the BSPA is something other than a shambles & that they have some consideration for the paying customers. I think that we all know the answer to that one.

I did go to the Premier League Clubs link for the apology of a website that we (I am a Rye house supporter) have & followed the link to the local rag which did have an itme about it being called off.

You really couldn't make it up when it comes to the amateurism of the sport in this country......

Edited by Cheekee Raylee Monkee

I did go to the Premier League Clubs link for the apology of a website that we (I am a Rye house supporter) have & followed the link to the local rag which did have an itme about it being called off.

You really couldn't make it up when it comes to the amateurism of the sport in this country......

You're looking at the wrong website Craig Saul posts up to date news on another Rye website

http://www.home.ryehouse.co/index.htm

Edited by Shadders