British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Speedway World Cup 2012

I have deleted my post now that all teams have been confirmed.

They are on the SGP website

Edited by Robbie B

Some teams are already known. So here are my guesses of the remaining teams.

Russia

Renat Gufarov

The Guffer,always quick out of the gate with his super farts :rofl:

• Like 1

When you look at the other countries teams, it really hits home just how weak GB are now. We can't even name a squad of good riders without including two that are injured. On the face of it countries like Demark, Australia, Sweden, Poland could name their 2nd team and still be stronger then GB.

The biggest worry, is that we as a country are not doing enough to breed new talent, and so this situation will only get progressively worse.

And to think 35 yrs ago we ruled the world....

Edited by GRW123

And to think 35 yrs ago we ruled the world....

Then I was born and it's all been downhill since...

Does Vaculik ride for Czech Republic? He's Slovakian.

And to think 35 yrs ago we ruled the world

Actually it was only 23 years ago. And let's be fair, only 8 years ago we were unlucky to lose out by a point thanks to Eurovision style tactics from the Danes and Swedes.

It's only really in the last few years since we lost Loram and Floppy as solid GB riders, and more recently Richardson when he quit that GB has struggled to assemble a decent team.

Admittedly though the talent has been thin on the ground for ten years or more. What we'd give to have a squad like the late 90s of Loram, Screen, Havelock, Louis, Smith, Cox, Dugard, Richardson, Norris, etc to choose from now.

Does Vaculik ride for Czech Republic? He's Slovakian.

I read it somewhere that he could ride for the Czech Republic, as their don't an International team. Plus their were part of Czechoslovakia. He also holds a Polish licence since 2008.

Edited by Robbie B
  • Like 1

I read it somewhere that he could ride for the Czech Republic, as their don't an International team. Plus their were part of Czechoslovakia. He also holds a Polish licence since 2008.

On that basis I suggest that Team GB should be:

Hancock

Holder

Crump

Ward

:P :P :P

• Like 3

Does anyone know the format this year?

Presumably 16 heats with all riders meeting each other, then I'm gusssing four more heats starting with the lowest scorer in each team progressing to the highest. Good guess or not?

Better still does anyone have a programme format for those of us watching on Sky?

Does anyone know the format this year?

Presumably 16 heats with all riders meeting each other, then I'm gusssing four more heats starting with the lowest scorer in each team progressing to the highest. Good guess or not?

Better still does anyone have a programme format for those of us watching on Sky?

Its all answered here http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/alfresco/Coupe_du_monde_Speedway_ENG.pdf

Thanks mate.

That's brilliant.

Can't wait for the World Cup, especially after Sky sold it so well last night; apparently it "never fails to disappoint"!!! :blink: :blink:

• Like 1