British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dukes

Old Riders

As for the shandy, Shazzy, what will Mrs Norbold say if she sees you trying to get me drunk! ;)

Hey don't panic I'll help Mrs Norbold get merry too :approve:

I know its not strictly in this thread but isn`t P.O.Serenius the ex Ice Speedway world champ getting on a bit and still challenging for top honours? :blink:

If we're talking about the oldest ever just to get on a bike and ride I don't think Geoff Pymar's 88 will be beaten.

Right......i've got about 15 years before I can attempt that record ...... if I try I'll invite you along Norman.... then perhaps you could immortalise me in a book. LOL.....

It's a date. I'll be there. Just let me know when and where...

In the latest issue of the Vintage Speedway Magazine, Eric Linden has asked the same question. He says, "I'm wondering about Phil Bishop, Oliver Hart and Joe Abbott". I'll have to follow those up now!

Currently being down here in Oz, I can't refer to any of my records but Jack Vallis (ex_Southampton, now in his 70's I believe) raced in second half veteran challenge matches / second halves at Coventry etc right up to the end of last year when he got injured in a crash on the IOW!

Another that springs to mind is Ted Ede who rode for West Ham circa 1966 who still rides regularly in the Southern Track Riders Association "Over 40s" class.

Right here goes with a few dates:............ (:o))))

Then of course there's False dawn....... ( ;O)

Say what? no DoB! has he got a pulse?

They say, sidecar swingers are a special breed. (;O)))

Regards.