British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RPNY

Team Race Suit Clashes

Now I know this is a bit of a moan up, but after seeing on the KW website that the team GB and Czech suits are quite similar, I wish each nation were given better guidlines on how to colour code their team suits. I say this because although hardcore fans can distinguish and of course there is the use of helemt colours, the new or casual fan wont be able to tell the difference from say Poland and Denmark with their colour clashes. Seems little point in having team suits to me if you can't easily tell who's who... Same goes for the EL too.

Guess you are right,there should be some sort of colour code.Trouble is teams do tend to have similar national colours.Red/White or Red/White/Blue or say with Finland just Blue/White(and i know they haven't qualified,but it just shows the problems ofthose countries involved).Sweden are ok with Blue/Yellow,but Australia are Yellow/Green....but it shouldn't be impossible to overcome.Saying that i have only seen Denmarks and their flag seems quite prominent and looked quite good,but can imagine Poland look very similar ????

Now I know this is a bit of a moan up, but after seeing on the KW website that the team GB and Czech suits are quite similar, I wish each nation were given better guidlines on how to colour code their team suits. I say this because although hardcore fans can distinguish and of course there is the use of helemt colours, the new or casual fan wont be able to tell the difference from say Poland and Denmark with their colour clashes. Seems little point in having team suits to me if you can't easily tell who's who... Same goes for the EL too.

They`ll be easy enough to identify on monday,they will be the race suits behind the yellow ones.

• Like 3

So why is it then that for the SWC one manufacturer can produce all the race suits, and the riders have to wear them, but when EL teams get their race suits done, individual riders insist on getting their pet (sponsored?) manufacturer to do their own suits, resulting in very noticable differences in what should appear to be a "uniform" appearance?

• Like 1