British Speedway Forum
steve19620

Kings Lynn World Cup 9 July

Also if Aus want to win it they need Darky back. They would probably have cruised it tonight if he had been fit but in the final they will need him.

Crowd looks way down on last year.

8000 according to spin merchants on SKY

Even Alistair Campbell couldn't have made anyone believe that

New format made it a no-brainer

Too true. But if the Aussies had pulled that move - replacing their worst rider with their best in the 'qualified for' heats - they and the rule allowing it would have been well pilloried on here.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

The reason Holder will be world champ this year.

In what?

Congratulations to the Aussies, they won as expected but were given a bit of a fright by the GB boys, shame about the engine problems otherwise we may have just sneaked it...

As for Noddy being World Champion, too ugly - would put the sport back years.... :D

When I tuned in tonight and saw Keith presenting I thought `great` a REAL commentator, but no we soon had the SCREAMING imbecile back assaulting our ears. What a complete amateur!!

And as for the useless bint in the pits asking the usual predictable questions it ruined for me a great meeting.

I think we have missed our chance of making the final now, because we will now be in the race-off from hell! I would not have fancied Australia to win that, let alone us.

It was a very exciting and entertaining meeting though.

Too true. But if the Aussies had pulled that move - replacing their worst rider with their best in the 'qualified for' heats - they and the rule allowing it would have been well pilloried on here.

In my opinion, the double rule is wrong whoever uses it and wherever they use it. if we'd lost by 2, not having been able to use it, I'd be ranting. The fact we lost by 4 and used it, well, the right team won.

In what?

Don't be silly. He was by far the best rider on display tonight and is lining up nicely now to take the title.

Just wish we could find a rider to fill the 4th berth to give us a very good chance. Poland are struggling with two out and Denmark are trying out the youngsters. If we can cut out throwing away silly points with EF's we stand a chance.

Also if Aus want to win it they need Darky back. They would probably have cruised it tonight if he had been fit but in the final they will need him.

According to Crump in his interview he thought Ward was 2 or 3 weeks away from full fitness.

Probably right that a change from Lynn might be due, but I guess we must be thankful we get a home tie each year. I thought the Czechs put up a good show tonight, especially compared to last year.

They didnt use Darcy cause knew they didnt need to.....when will Woffy finally ride for Aus properly (suppose when he's had enough practise!) Good enjoyable race meeting though :lol:

Edited by emerald tyke

Can't see us even beating the Czechs for third on Thursday!!!

Don't be silly. He was by far the best rider on display tonight and is lining up nicely now to take the title.

Just wish we could find a rider to fill the 4th berth to give us a very good chance. Poland are struggling with two out and Denmark are trying out the youngsters. If we can cut out throwing away silly points with EF's we stand a chance.

He will win it but not this year. As much as I want to dislike Holder I can't help but like him.

• Like 2