British Speedway Forum
steve19620

Kings Lynn World Cup 9 July

.....as long as he supplies the consumables :drink:

Personable young chappie as I recall, bit worried about the skirt but! :blink:

Incidentally I'm hearing all sorts of rumours about SWC being in Poland next year, with Belle Vue being a long way off yet. Any others heard the same yet? Looks like I'm gonna hafta learn how ta spell Bydgoszcz properly.

A scotsman supplying the consumables!!

Superb meeting, superb coverage. I come on here and while there's plenty celebrating the near-miss the same old BSF mafia are dragging it down with their nasty, cynical small-minded agendas.

That was wonderful speedway and if you can't enjoy that without carping this isn't your sport.

Have just found time to review what was said about the meeting last night, I finally came across this great post amongst quite a lot of crap. Pure drivel most of it.

Not sure what people want out of speedway but you couldn't get much better than last night. Superb track considering it was under water on Sunday morning, Buster did us proud again. GB were unlucky - Tai's chain breaking is something that does happen occasionally and it would certainly have been a new chain for last night, clutch burning out on Chris bike maybe shouldn't have happened but none of the "BSF experts" were there in the pits to understand why so shouldn't make judgements without the facts, and young Kingy going for a gap that he used to perfection in his previous ride but which closed up this time. His previous ride was outstanding and brave.

The only thing that was wrong was the referee - so much rolling at the starts and not called back. Not sure about the Harris/Holder incident - maybe he was right to let it go under the rules since Harris falling was not a safety issue but having final race positions overturned is probably unique.

Get real guys, that was some of the best speedway seen on television in ages.

• Like 5

A scotsman supplying the consumables!!

A boy can dream!

Incidentally I'm hearing all sorts of rumours about SWC being in Poland next year, with Belle Vue being a long way off yet. Any others heard the same yet? Looks like I'm gonna hafta learn how ta spell Bydgoszcz properly.

Has to be preferable to the rumour i heard about it being in Prague........please no :blink:

• Like 1

Superb meeting, superb coverage. I come on here and while there's plenty celebrating the near-miss the same old BSF mafia are dragging it down with their nasty, cynical small-minded agendas.

That was wonderful speedway and if you can't enjoy that without carping this isn't your sport.

Exactly. It's the same with SGP and EL TV coverage on here. Some people forget that sport can be exciting in many ways. Speedway can have great racing but also the tension from a close meeting or some controversy can incite a lot of excitement. I nearly put my head through the TV when the ref seemed to allow Holder to send Harris into orbit. :) Both SWC meeting so far have had me on the edge of my seat and off it supporting Russia and GB with tons of exciting racing and nail biting moments. I think the commentary crew have done a great job in getting involved in that excitement and even the mad woman in the pits has managed to do a decent job.

This mythical track that people here seem to compare meetings to must be pretty amazing but the rest of us have to make do with the real thing which can be boring at times and then explode into life with something quite extraordinary.

SWC has excelled itself this year in terms of excitement as far as I am concerned and the racing from both meetings has been good quality and as far as Lynn and Emil Sayfutdinov is concerned sometimes amazing.

Here is hoping the bad weather on Thursday does not spoil Sweden and GB can at the very least go down fighting and be part of something special.

• Like 5

Harris vs Holder

The pose Bomber makes with the inflated air jacket at 1:30 in to this video, really makes me chuckle :D . Seriously though, good to see riders trying out new things in an attempt to be safer on track :t:

Edited by Brummie Kev

Thanks.Nothing much there.Even Schäfer criticised all the team,even Smoli.......

Yes,but there was a lot of criticism of Tobi in Germany anyway....Ok Martin as captain shouldn't say anything.But most people know what he is like lol.Why wasn't Tobi Busch in instead of Kroner was said a lot.But Busch as i have said often here blows hot + cold.Who knows which Busch will turn up fora meeting or for a heat.I think the team done about as good as could be expected.Kevin is much the same as Tobi,just more often better.We never know which Kevi will show up,but more often than not on the international scene(look at Vojens...) it is the poor one,sadly

Where have I mentioned Poole, although to be honest we are lucky to see racing like that virtually every week on another very good race track.

Have to disagree there ....the Poole track lately has been a disgrace...Even Holder and Ward were shaking fingers at Mr useless John Hector during the Kings Lynn match.

Sorry but it is time Hector was shown the door, its surely time to get someone in who can prepare a decent track EVERY week and not someone who disapears from 3 o clock to 5 or 5.30 to do the school mini bus run!!!!!! If Belle Vue can get Colin Meredith in to do the track why cant Poole?????

Incidently, the best track surface at Poole was when Oxford came down in 2006 after some rain before the meeting and the track staff putting down and grading in some sawdust......The meeting had passing galore, and I believe it was the night Antonio Lindback set the current track record.

Why was the track so good that night????? John Hector was away on Holiday!!!!!!!!!!!! Think that says it all!!!!!!

John Hector........you are the weakest link....GOODBYE!!!(hopefully).

Edited by scottyfan

Yes,but there was a lot of criticism of Tobi in Germany anyway....Ok Martin as captain shouldn't say anything.But most people know what he is like lol.Why wasn't Tobi Busch in instead of Kroner was said a lot.But Busch as i have said often here blows hot + cold.Who knows which Busch will turn up fora meeting or for a heat.I think the team done about as good as could be expected.Kevin is much the same as Tobi,just more often better.We never know which Kevi will show up,but more often than not on the international scene(look at Vojens...) it is the poor one,sadly

There is no love lost between Smoli and Kroner either .. ;)