British Speedway Forum
steve19620

Kings Lynn World Cup 9 July

I hope Middlo has got it right with 2 riders returning from injury and a big gamble in Danny King.

• Like 1

Agree completely,i am going but it is a shame Darcy won't be there as he is fantastic at the norfolk arena and although it strenghens our cause,Batch also goes well at Kings Lynn and i can't see how it won't be a walk in the park for Australia and definately looking forward to seeing Crumpy,he will be almost unbeatable.

I hope Middlo has got it right with 2 riders returning from injury and a big gamble in Danny King.

Not a gamble at all,who else is there? Barker and Kennett are rubbish at the moment,Danny is going well and by far the best option,everyone will give their all.A half fit Scotty is still a better option than anyone else that could have ridden.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that Troy is replacing Darcy tonight, as there is nothing on SWC or Troys twitter

Edited by A ORLOV

Agree completely,i am going but it is a shame Darcy won't be there as he is fantastic at the norfolk arena and although it strenghens our cause,Batch also goes well at Kings Lynn and i can't see how it won't be a walk in the park for Australia and definately looking forward to seeing Crumpy,he will be almost unbeatable.

Not a gamble at all,who else is there? Barker and Kennett are rubbish at the moment,Danny is going well and by far the best option,everyone will give their all.A half fit Scotty is still a better option than anyone else that could have ridden.

Exactly. Beggars cannot be choosers. King has been in good form anyway.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that Troy is replacing Darcy tonight, as there is nothing on SWC or Troys twitter

It's on Darcy Ward's Twitter.

Darcy's said he's not fit enough for tonight to Screeny on Twitter.

I want a steward's inquiry on the photo finish as to who posted first lol.

Weather has been fine all night and all day here in Kings Lynn

It'd be interesting to know how the track was for practice. Anybody on here know?

Fingers crossed for oodles of grip like the old PL days.

Have seen that but not seen confirmation of replacement.

What a stupid message, how on earth is danny king a BIG gamble??

He is top of birminghams averages, riding/scoring well in top league in sweden and gating very well and id say riding the best he ever has.

Dont tell me you would go for bridger who has great talent on a bike but in all fairness is abit of a one track pony and talks the talk but never really backs it up away from eastbourne.

Kennett who is struggling everywhere at the mo and has never really done much at lynn.

Barker who again is struggling in the elite and dropping plenty of points in the pl.

Then we have auty & roynon who are both having great seasons but lets be honest are still some way off world cup standard.

King is the 3rd highest brit in the elite averages and king harris woffiden & nicholls are the only brits that ride regular abroad, for some reason he goes under the radar compared to the likes of bridger kennett etc, he is the most underrated brit we have and i wouldnt be surprised to see him top score for team GB tonight.

Good luck tonight to britains top 4 men.

• Like 1

IMO Josh Auty and Adam Royon should have been given a try , how is Team GB ever going to improve and our youngsters learn when we keep wheeling out the same old riders, look at Denmark on Monday after all it isn't as if we are going to win the World Cup is it ! for goodness sake let some of the youngsters have a go.

• Like 2

I dont see anybody else who you could put into the GB team that would make it stronger,I hope they all have a great meeting,still cant see passed the Aussies though,whether they have Darcy or not.

I would have sooner gone for Barker. Plenty of passion about the lad. More so than Danny King. We shall see later if Middlo has got it right with him. Lets just hope neither Tai or Scotty are affected by those recent injuries.

GB have a chance, Ward in or out makes no difference as the Aussies are very strong regardless.

Depends whether the talk can be turned into actions by our 4.

I do hope so as half of my prediction turned out right and would be nice to get it right about tonight.

Whatever happens hope the meeting is as tense as Saturday with more than a few good races.

Come on England (GB) :)

I would have sooner gone for Barker. Plenty of passion about the lad. More so than Danny King. We shall see later if Middlo has got it right with him. Lets just hope neither Tai or Scotty are affected by those recent injuries.

Yeah plenty of passion, but not always for speedway!!!!!

Danny has earnt his place in team gb, there is know other rider worth a team spot at present.