British Speedway Forum

Batchelor and Watt out of there depth are you on the same planet? Oh no Rose tinted glasses some of your comments are total nonsense I thought you were a Troy fan.?

Anyone know where Ryan Sullivan is in the pecking order for Australia?

Anyone know where Ryan Sullivan is in the pecking order for Australia?

I think Lemo is a mate of Boycie so probably last in the pecking order.Anyway they have drafted in Ward now so as long as it's not a big gamble with his injury the Aussies should win.

I find it amazing that people are calling for Middlo to go,lets face it there isnt another manager anywhere that couldve done any better with the team we have at present,and the team we had last night and for Event 1 was our strongest team.It might be a good few years untill we see anything like success for Team GB,or in the GPs for that matter.Hopefully the things that Morris,Vatcher and others are doing now will bear fruit in the future,but like I say there are no quick fixes here.

Well i haven't seen people calling for Middlo to go....this year.Of course there have been plenty in the past.What i would say is it isn't acceptable for international riders to be as far off the pace as we were sometimes last night.Who is to blame for that?Is it down to the individuals or down to a combination of individual and team?Like i have said before a good team manager and team spirit tend to get more out ofthe riders than expected.Anyone can get what is expected out of a rider.My opinion is we don't have enough good riders and we don't have a good team manager at the moment.In his defence he may be the best available,which is sad both in terms of riders and manager

Edited by iris123

I get a bit bored of our annual post SWC autopsy........... its the same old story every year.... except for a visible slight loss of ground..... which lets face it has been happening since the early 80's

It isnt Middlo's fault..... or any other previous manager's ............. and I'm starting to see that it isn't the riders' fault either

The issue lies with the BSPA and has done for decades......... the league rules dont encourage grass roots growth...... and a determined governing body would have found a way by now to emulate a successful program like the Danish 80cc's............. it is never going to be good enough to just have one or two guys committed to what ultimately is a lost cause the moment Tenerife decides it is (ie the year later)... it has to be something that everyone is committed to and has a long term plan

Well thought out post and you make a very good point.

Doesnt matter who manages GB, they dont have the resources to sustain any meaningful challenges - and that includes the riders too.

Batchelor and Watt out of there depth are you on the same planet? Oh no Rose tinted glasses some of your comments are total nonsense I thought you were a Troy fan.?

Tho he has a point about batchelor :P

Seriously tho Batchelor showed last season he can do it on the World Stage although it is yet to be seen if that was a one season wonder.

If Ward is declared fit tomorrow he will take Batch`s place as at the moment he is the Aussies weak link.

Its a little concerning for me that already mjj and mbj appear to have class and speed even at their tender age..they have other youngsters coming through as well. Clearly denmark are already blooding these riders who I am sure will dominate the next decade. Where are our future riders? Let's be totally honest here, there are only two. Roynon and auty. Possibly worrall. That's it. But will they progress? I don't think so. Auty can't gate and roynon unfortunately is injury prone. I appreciate I'm not saying anything original here, but another trophy less decade beckons unless there are fundamental changes to the structure of british speedway.

Well i haven't seen people calling for Middlo to go....this year.Of course there have been plenty in the past.What i would say is it isn't acceptable for international riders to be as far off the pace as we were sometimes last night.Who is to blame for that?Is it down to the individuals or down to a combination of individual and team?Like i have said before a good team manager and team spirit tend to get more out ofthe riders than expected.Anyone can get what is expected out of a rider.My opinion is we don't have enough good riders and we don't have a good team manager at the moment.In his defence he may be the best available,which is sad both in terms of riders and manager

Very harsh Iris big time, Vatcher and Morris are not up to it MIddlo is the best available if anyone was to replace him you might laugh the only man good enough is Eric Boocock.Let MIddlo try to revamp England with some young uns will be a long process but it has to be done what more could MIddlo have done Iris?

Its a little concerning for me that already mjj and mbj appear to have class and speed even at their tender age..they have other youngsters coming through as well. Clearly denmark are already blooding these riders who I am sure will dominate the next decade. Where are our future riders? Let's be totally honest here, there are only two. Roynon and auty. Possibly worrall. That's it. But will they progress? I don't think so. Auty can't gate and roynon unfortunately is injury prone. I appreciate I'm not saying anything original here, but another trophy less decade beckons unless there are fundamental changes to the structure of british speedway.

I don't think it is a certain MJJ and co will dominate not by a long chalk Holder, Ward are there for the long haul and numerous other youngsters Dudek Bartek ect are knocking on the door.

Very harsh Iris big time, Vatcher and Morris are not up to it MIddlo is the best available if anyone was to replace him you might laugh the only man good enough is Eric Boocock.Let MIddlo try to revamp England with some young uns will be a long process but it has to be done what more could MIddlo have done Iris?

Like i said he might very well be the best available.But he doesn't get more out ofthe riders than you would expect.This was the biggest meeting of the season for some of these guys and do you see evidence that they were riding above themselves?Middlo came across as if he didn't know what was happening at one time.Saying they had asked Woffinden what set-up he was using,but it wasn't working for the others.....cripes,these are very experienced riders and ex riders and their only solution to their problem was to ask the least experienced guy what he was doing and then they didn't know what to do from there.Not good enough at this level.If you think that is harsh ok,but for me that is just typical as towhy we just can't hack it at the top

I guess I meant denmark have the nucleus of their future sorted sid. Australia too, I agree have terrific riders who will ensure they too will push for honours. Our own nick morris is undoubtedly a star of the future. Incidentally, I agree, middlo is the best around.

I guess I meant denmark have the nucleus of their future sorted sid. Australia too, I agree have terrific riders who will ensure they too will push for honours. Our own nick morris is undoubtedly a star of the future. Incidentally, I agree, middlo is the best around.

As you said ER there needs to be a massive change, it won't happen though and things like the young uns over here practicing ect is made so hard noise health and safety regs.I would like to see Pl Teams having to have 2 English riders per team the likes of Young, Morris, getting the chances they deserve and there are numerous others Jacobs ect as well.

How is it Australia have the finance to run a team in the World cup?

Team GB would be lost without Woffinden and where are the next generation to come from?

We will need to rely on defectors like Woffi to compete i reckon.

This season is going to be financially ruining for some tracks with a poor summer - can they look to home grown riders now to drastically reduce costs.

• Like 1

Team GB would be lost without Woffinden and where are the next generation to come from?

This season is going to be financially ruining for some tracks with a poor summer - can they look to home grown riders now to drastically reduce costs.

I think his father will see Tai as something other than a defector dont you !!!

But lets not forget that the Danes didn't just throw random yougsters into the competition. Both MBJ and MJJ have proved that they have the ability to beat the worlds best consistently on the continental tracks. We don't have a youngster anywhere near that level.

The biggest problem for GB is that only Harris and Woffinden have stepped up to anything near international level since Scott Nicholls and Lee Richardson made the step up over ten years ago. Tonight showed that once we move away from the confines of British tracks, we have two international level riders and nothing else. If we had two other riders at the same level as Harris and Woffinden it would make all the difference. We would have been there or therabouts tonight.

The fact is, we shouldn't be relying on a rider like Nicholls (who is clearly past his best) to score big in these events. Just like the Danes do not need to rely on Hans Andersen any more. Over the last ten years, we have been let down by the inability of riders like Stead, Howe, Allen and, more latterly Kennett, Barker and Bridger to make the step up. Whether this is down to a lack of ability/desire/commitment who knows.

Bridger won't move away from his comfort zone at Eastbourne. He tried it for a season, struggled, went back the following year and has stayed there this year.

Barker spends half his time pinching proverbial sweets off kids in the PL.

Kennett had a poor 2010, is having a dire 2012 but had a good 2011. The problem is, the 'silencergate' events have, in my opinion, put a huge question marks over those results.

I would love to see Roynon and Auty in the team next year but they really need to get themselves fixed up on the continent first.

Well said.

I think his father will see Tai as something other than a defector dont you !!!

Tai showed passion, huge passion, it was clear for all to see! :approve:

What do people want, blood!?

His scores proved it too, not only in the race off.... !!!

He's matured so much in the last few years too. He's a good lad and let's be honest here, he's the small light in the future of team GB :(

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 2