British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
builderbob

Iow V Dudley

Just seen the Dudley combined team average on the bspa site its a whopping 50.16 .and Roynon is on 11 .70 ..What team in this division would have a prayer against that..Good luck to them though they are within the rules...However it does make you wonder about those rules ? ..It would be interesting to see them take on a Premier league side at home to see how much strengthening they would need to compete in that league.....

Mildenhall.

Its why I am in heated negotiations with my boss for time off to take in both matches, because with two excellent racing strips thrown in they should be something very special indeed.

Just seen the Dudley combined team average on the bspa site its a whopping 50.16 .and Roynon is on 11 .70 ..What team in this division would have a prayer against that..

Scunny had them beaten until 2 x engine blows in heat 15

That was a dominant performance, and the Islanders were not helped by machine problems more or less throughout the whole team, namely off the top of my head, Danny Warwick, Kyle Hughes, Paul Starke, and Young Ellis, and those added to the massive scoreline, okay so Ashley Morris also suffered on one occasion, and without those the scoreline, if not the result would have been far more respectable, The Islanders never gave up, though the result was never in doubt from very early on in the meeting, The Track staff, and supporters were very fair minded, and The Heathens fans were there usual voiciferous self, and yes we to applauded IOW race wins, and when fallers cleared the Track, another first was to see Royno sitting in amongst the Heathens Fans "DURING" the actual meeting its no wonder the Fans think so much of him, what other Sport can you get this interaction ?, Royno is NO Prima Donna, and deserves everything he gets out of The Sport, Smallmead is probably the best standalone Race Track in the NL, and if you cant race on that, then you cant race anywhere. I will weather permitting be back again on other occasions.

It was a great day weather wise, enjoyed Part of Day spending a few quid at Gunwharf Quay Shopping Outlet on the Quayside at Portsmouth, then over to the Island to take in a nice Curry, before the Main Course at Smallmead, and what a win it was, everyone again played there part.

Hope the wife doesn't see the bit about Gunwharf Quay Shopping Outlet -she is making her first trip to the IOW next Tuesday when Buxton are there. Shopping wasn't on the agenda.

dont think many dudley fans will come to this one,there 1st defeat and the ferry home might upset there stomachs :lol:

Foot in mouth time again man!!, can ya fix it bob lol

I am aware that there are one or two other highly competitive teams in the division Mildenhall ,,Stoke,,Scunny..i was trying to point out that 50 . points is a winning score, ..Obviously there are times when Dudley can not put out their strongest side but even then they are to strong for most sides..

Just seen the Dudley combined team average on the bspa site its a whopping 50.16 .and Roynon is on 11 .70 ..What team in this division would have a prayer against that..Good luck to them though they are within the rules...However it does make you wonder about those rules ? ..It would be interesting to see them take on a Premier league side at home to see how much strengthening they would need to compete in that league.....

More rubbish waccy, it is what the team started on that you need to look at, Dudley had the same points to use as everyone else, maybe they just used them better hey??Roynon, Perry, Greenwod, Ash man, Ritchings all young and hungry riders. Deserve praise not critisicm.

Scunny had them beaten until 2 x engine blows in heat 15

Fair point, although Bekker also had two efs earlier and Dudley were running RR for Perry which was hardly adequate at the time. But, yes, you take what luck is on offer and the Heathens were certainly fortunate there.

Biggest joke now in this league is whos at reserve,been same for a few years and something needs to be done about it

Perry now at reserve for Dudley,Reade still at reserve for Stoke yet 15yr old Max Clegg steps into main body of his team

Another example of how me make it to easy for what decent young talent we have yet make it hard for even younger names in the sport like Max Clegg and Ross Walter and now the two youngsters at Dudley

Edited by montie
  • Like 1

Biggest joke now in this league is whos at reserve,been same for a few years and something needs to be done about it

Perry now at reserve for Dudley,Reade still at reserve for Stoke yet 15yr old Max Clegg steps into main boday of his team

Another example of how me make it to easy for what decent young talent we have yet make it hard for even younger names in the sport like Max Clegg and Ross Walter and now the two youngsters at Dudley

On two fronts.....thats a blow for Darryl & Tom!

I had thought that Darryl would still be behind Tom on the 2012 GS Averages until Tom had done 3 H & 3 A to get a 2012 GS Average of in excess of Ash's & close to Adam's!

It now looks as if we have a minor miracle at #6 as if Tom is scoring freely at will at #4, what is he going to do at #6 with 7 starts a meeting until he gets a proper 2012 GS Average? By my knowledge I work that out to be until the end of August!

As a Heathens fan I know that this is the Rules and it will probably benefit us, but is it the correct thing in the NL?

Edited by berniev123

That was a dominant performance, and the Islanders were not helped by machine problems more or less throughout the whole team, namely off the top of my head, Danny Warwick, Kyle Hughes, Paul Starke, and Young Ellis, and those added to the massive scoreline, okay so Ashley Morris also suffered on one occasion, and without those the scoreline, if not the result would have been far more respectable, The Islanders never gave up, though the result was never in doubt from very early on in the meeting, The Track staff, and supporters were very fair minded, and The Heathens fans were there usual voiciferous self, and yes we to applauded IOW race wins, and when fallers cleared the Track, another first was to see Royno sitting in amongst the Heathens Fans "DURING" the actual meeting its no wonder the Fans think so much of him, what other Sport can you get this interaction ?, Royno is NO Prima Donna, and deserves everything he gets out of The Sport, Smallmead is probably the best standalone Race Track in the NL, and if you cant race on that, then you cant race anywhere. I will weather permitting be back again on other occasions.

It was a great day weather wise, enjoyed Part of Day spending a few quid at Gunwharf Quay Shopping Outlet on the Quayside at Portsmouth, then over to the Island to take in a nice Curry, before the Main Course at Smallmead, and what a win it was, everyone again played there part.

i thought it was smallbrook iow race at,unless my old memory serves me wrong smallmead is where reading use to ride at

Hector ..I was]not aware that i was critisizeing any one, or any team,, just stating facts off the bpsa site and passing an observation of those facts...Certainly agree they made better use of the points limit at the start of the season than any one else...

Edited by waco

Biggest joke now in this league is whos at reserve,been same for a few years and something needs to be done about ti

In what respect???? I agree maybe as Perry has a 'settled' PL place maybe he should be replaced by a 3 pointer any suggestions?????

but Dudley are out to win the league after the dissapointment of the last 2 years and good luck to them. (as Scunny were last year. Remember a cerrtain S Nielson at number 8 as a 5 point rider?).

Ben try as he might to get a new average has simply not done enough meetings but that is down to weather and amount of meetings in the NL when he has he will move up!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I supose at Stoke the race is on to see who makes the most progress out of Wrathall and Carr as that could be Adam down at Res again!!!!!! Would that be a joke?????

Edited by TMW

In what respect???? I agree maybe as Perry has a 'settled' PL place maybe he should be replaced by a 3 pointer any suggestions?????only you would think he should be replace,he doing well in the PL and the NL and fair play to the lad

but Dudley are out to win the league after the dissapointment of the last 2 years and good luck to them. (as Scunny were last year. Remember a cerrtain S Nielson at number 8 as a 5 point rider?). yes he was on a 5 average,did well didnt he!!! its called success,i know its something your not used to but its great trust me

Ben try as he might to get a new average has simply not done enough meetings but that is down to weather and amount of meetings in the NL when he has he will move up!!!!!!!!!!!! wnich is the point of my post,he been a success now lets see him better himself in the main body

nI supose at Stoke the race is on to see who makes the most progress out of Wrathall and Carr as that could be Adam down at Res again!!!!!! Would that be a joke????? why should it be a joke?

• Like 1

In what respect???? I agree maybe as Perry has a 'settled' PL place maybe he should be replaced by a 3 pointer any suggestions?????only you would think he should be replace,he doing well in the PL and the NL and fair play to the lad

but Dudley are out to win the league after the dissapointment of the last 2 years and good luck to them. (as Scunny were last year. Remember a cerrtain S Nielson at number 8 as a 5 point rider?). yes he was on a 5 average,did well didnt he!!! its called success,i know its something your not used to but its great trust me

Ben try as he might to get a new average has simply not done enough meetings but that is down to weather and amount of meetings in the NL when he has he will move up!!!!!!!!!!!! wnich is the point of my post,he been a success now lets see him better himself in the main body

nI supose at Stoke the race is on to see who makes the most progress out of Wrathall and Carr as that could be Adam down at Res again!!!!!! Would that be a joke????? why should it be a joke?

Ooooh get you with stand up routine :rofl:

Biggest joke now in this league is whos at reserve,been same for a few years and something needs to be done about i

Right I'll ask the question again

In what respect?

Edited by TMW

You'd better tell the SCB then, who still refer to it as the National Development League in the 2012 regulations at least once! The name aside, I'm sure you would accept that development of riders is part of its reason for existence. Obviously that would not be at the same level as the ADL and MDL you mention.

Only once ?

I've just skipped thu the Regs and finally came across the one (and only one, I think,) ref to National Development League, - on p38 .

I did find 14 other mentions of 'National League' or 'NL', and never an 'NDL'. Dare I suggest an oversight in the drafting, ( - or else very sloppy drafting !)

Yes, the league came into existence for that reason, but much water has flown under the bridge since then, and several name changes as well, as the league per se as developed from what it started out as.

Sure, riders in the NL are developing for the PL or EL, in the same way that PL riders are developing up to EL standard. By that logic every level except the top level, - SGP ? - , could be classed as Development status.