British Speedway Forum

Regarding BSIs 4 picks for the series - is it cast in stone that it has to be 4 permanent picks ? Or maybe there could be 3 permanent picks and the fourth rider could be a second wIld card?

I used to enjoy having 2 wild cards per GP. I'd like to see that come back.

Personally I think Woffinden is a nailed on selection, sorry but the GP series DOES need a British rider, no matter what people think and I think Woffinden will do okay and he is worthy of being given a couple of years.

Don't think any rider should be given a "couple of years". If I remember there was talk last time Tai was in the series that he needed a second year and whilst I can see the rationale behind that I just think it gives a rider too much of a free ride. Tai was quite vocal earlier in the season saying he needed to know as soon as possible if he was going to get a pick so that he can get the sponsorships in place. Personally, I don't think he has really done enough to get a spot in the World's top 15, but his status as a Brit coupled with the poor year Bomber has had means he will probably get a slot.

If Hampel comes back on fire he won't need a wildcard.

Much more likely an extinguisher.? :D

• Like 1

Linback's continued good form coupled with AJ's crash have muddied the waters somewhat for next year. Given his current form it looks likely Antonio will finish in the top 8 and AJ might be relying on a pick.

If Lindback also qualifies at Gorican, does his place to go to the 4th in the GP challenge or 9th overall - anyone know?

Linback's continued good form coupled with AJ's crash have muddied the waters somewhat for next year. Given his current form it looks likely Antonio will finish in the top 8 and AJ might be relying on a pick.

This practically makes it impossible to pick a Brit as Jarek, AJ and Vaculik are absolute bankers and also MJJ and Darcy must be included.

So 5 names for 4 picks.

Hopefully one of them will get through the challenge but also Greg Laguta should be strongly in the mix and lets not forget NKI who has been one of the best riders in the world this year and surely earned a pick.

To pick a Brit would be the stupidest thing the GP could do as none of ours are good enough and it would deny a chance to someone more deserving.

A pick for Harris would be a disgrace and Scotty has said he would like to try the challenge route. Wuffy will get there eventually as he is good enough to qualify.

I think the best thing that could happed is if NKI+Vaculik+MJJ qualifies in Gorican and Antonio finish in top 8 in GPs.

Then we would have three safe WIld Cards in Jarek, Darcy and Andreas which would leave one remaining spot.

Like Pandorum i think G.Laguta would be an interesting choice if he can get a VISA for all rounds.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

If Lindback also qualifies at Gorican, does his place to go to the 4th in the GP challenge or 9th overall - anyone know?

4th in the GP Challenge

WOULDN'T bet my house on AJ getting a wild card if he finishes outside of the top eight, especially assuming two Swedes already in.

Absolutely farcical given the charity the Brits, namely Nicholls and Harris, have had over the years.

You seem to have some insider knowledge PHILIPRISING. Can you put us out of our misery, and confirm whether or not BSI will gift another of our riders a full time place next season? After his latest abject display, not even the BSI spin machine could justify giving Harris another place, so are we to assume Woffinden is 'worth betting your house on' for a 2013 place?

Thus making the 2013 Wild Cards;

• Jarek Hampel
  • Darcy Ward
  • Martin Vaculik (Andreas Jonsson, if Vaculik qualifies by right)
  • Tai Woffinden

JT.

ACTUALLY I don't have any inside knowledge and so much depends of which riders get through the Challenge. Just guesswork along with everyone else but I just don't see AJ as a shoe-in if Lindgren and Lindback are already there.

Hampel is probably the only cert at this stage and rightly so. Great to have him back on Saturday, a top class rider, ultimate professional and a really nice guy. He's the only one I would bet my house on ...

Assuming Lindback and Lindgren are in and Ljung doesn't make it through from Gorican, the AJ would only be the 3rd Swede. Given his second place last year and the fact that the 9th placed rider always gets a pick I think it would be an injustice if AJ missed out. Especially if a Brit got a spot in his place.

• Like 2

WOFFINDEN'S form in Poland (where I think he has been using GMs rather than the Jawas he has in the UK) this year has been much improved.

If there has to be a Brit - and I don't necessarily subscribe to the view that there does - he is the only logical choice.

ACTUALLY I don't have any inside knowledge and so much depends of which riders get through the Challenge. Just guesswork along with everyone else but I just don't see AJ as a shoe-in if Lindgren and Lindback are already there.

Hampel is probably the only cert at this stage and rightly so. Great to have him back on Saturday, a top class rider, ultimate professional and a really nice guy. He's the only one I would bet my house on ...

Phil, so how come the 2010 World No 2 is considered a cert, but the 2011 World No 2 is not?

All the best

Rob

4th in the GP Challenge

Didnt this happen in recent years?......... i'm struggling to remember exactly who it was........... I thought that IMG snaffled up the extra space for use as a wildcard rather than it going to 4th........... or did I imagine the whole thing? :oops:

Phil, so how come the 2010 World No 2 is considered a cert, but the 2011 World No 2 is not?

All the best

Rob

BECAUSE Hampel effectively missed five rounds and otherwise would have cruised into the top eight after a second and third in the first two GPs... and the same reason why Sayfutdinov got a wild card after an injury-ravaged season.

Not sure how much AJ actually wants it. He is a tough guy to read, puts his heart and soul into it but there is always a suspicion that he just isn't hungry enough.