British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

Zlata Prilba 2012

Been flicking through some sites and see that

Zlata Stuha on Oct 12th, start 5 PM

U21 Final on Oct 13th, start 5 PM

Zlata Prilba on Oct 14th, start 12/noon

I cant see how you can do a meeting with 36 riders with that schedule, please someone explain. :cheers:

When I went they had some of the qualifying races on the previous day to help out.

The riders were split into 6 groups of 6 and there are 6 riders in each heat. The same group of 6 riders meet in each of their qualifying heats. As an example heat 1 (in gate position order) had riders A,B,C,D, E and F and heat 2 riders G,H,I,J,K and L.

Heat 7 had riders D, E, F, A, B and C and heat 8 J, K, L, G, H and I. usw.

After, I think 4 rounds of the identical six qualifying heats the top points scorer in each group went to the A final and the second top scorer to the B (or maybe there were semi finals but I had lost the will to live by then) . It could happen under this format that the best two riders in the tournament are in the same group so the second best rider on the day would not necessarily qualify for the final.

Using BSF criteria Buzz Burrows is rider A and Dean Felton rider B. Buzz has 4 wins @ 5 points each and Dean 4 x 4 point second places. Buzz would go into the A final but Dean’s 16 would see him fail although rider G (Tai Woffinden)’s 11 points in his qualifying group against other BSF no hopers like Nicki Pedersen, Greg Hancock and Michael Jepser Jensen would see him through. Not fair I know but Dean should walk the B final.

If all this is still too confusing a beer in the quaintly named Bum Bum bar behind the main stand will always bring out the schoolboy in all of us. Talks of Botticelli and Arsenal FC never fail to produce a guffaw or two there.

Edited by Mr Ore

Rules are really more simple than above ...

36 riders - 24 in qualification and 12 seeded in quaterfinals

Qualifications:

24 riders split in 4 groups, 3 heats in each group (4 of them just after Zlata Stuha, rest at Zlata Prilba day).

Heat order: 1st heat of group A, 1st heat of group B, 1st heat of group C, 1st heat of group D, 2nd heat of group A, ...

Only 2 best results count.

Best 3 from each group will qualify to the quaterfinals.

Quaterfinals:

24 riders (12 seeded + 12 from qualifications) split in 4 groups, 3 heats in each group.

Heat order: 1st heat of group A, 1st heat of group B, 1st heat of group C, 1st heat of group D, 2nd heat of group A, ...

Best 3 from each group will qualify to the semifinals.

Semifinals:

12 riders split in 2 groups, 3 heats in each group.

Heat order: 1st heat of group A, 1st heat of group B, 2nd heat of group A, ...

Best 3 from each group will qualify to the final, rest will start at consolation final.

Finals:

6 riders in consolation final (only 1 heat).

6 riders in great final (only 1 heat).

32 heats totaly - 4 heats at Zlata Stuha day and 28 heats at Zlata Prilba day.

That's all :)

Edited by Mama

Rules are really more simple than above ...

36 riders - 24 in qualification and 12 seeded in quaterfinals

Qualifications:

24 riders split in 4 groups, 3 heats in each group (4 of them just after Zlata Stuha, rest at Zlata Prilba day).

Best 3 from each group will qualify to the quaterfinals.

Quaterfinals:

24 riders (12 seeded + 12 from qualifications) split in 4 groups, 3 heats in each group.

Best 3 from each group will qualify to the semifinals.

Semifinals:

12 riders split in 2 groups, 3 heats in each group.

Heat order: 1st heat of group A, 1st heat of group B, 2nd heat of group A, ...

Best 3 from each group will qualify to the final, rest will start at consolation final.

Finals:

6 riders in consolation final (only 1 heat).

6 riders in great final (only 1 heat).

32 heats totaly - 4 heats at Zlata Stuha day and 28 heats at Zlata Prilba day.

That's all :)

See you down there!!...

It is a great weekend the place to be...

What's the interest f-s-p?You thinking of going?If so,i might join you

I am hoping that the under 21 final on the Saturday gets put back to 19.00 or 19.30.

After much tooing and froing between the speedway, racecourse and council, with one event possibly moving to a different date, it was finally decide a little while ago that the 122nd Velka Pardubicka horserace WILL be held the same day as the World Under 21 Final round in Pardubice, on Saturday October 13th.

The horse racing will start at 11 AM, with the feature race, the Velka Pardubicka, starting around 16.00 - 16.30, hence I hope the World Under 21 Final round is pushed back from 17.00.

I do know that if common sense prevails, with maybe the horse race being brought forward and / or the World Under 21 final being pushed back, the local bus company are looking to run buses the short distance from the horse racing to the speedway, to enable people to attend both events, if they so wish.

Throw in local government elections that weekend as well, and Pardubice will be an extremely busy place that week(end) !

I am hoping that the under 21 final on the Saturday gets put back to 19.00 or 19.30.

After much tooing and froing between the speedway, racecourse and council, with one event possibly moving to a different date, it was finally decide a little while ago that the 122nd Velka Pardubicka horserace WILL be held the same day as the World Under 21 Final round in Pardubice, on Saturday October 13th.

The horse racing will start at 11 AM, with the feature race, the Velka Pardubicka, starting around 16.00 - 16.30, hence I hope the World Under 21 Final round is pushed back from 17.00.

I do know that if common sense prevails, with maybe the horse race being brought forward and / or the World Under 21 final being pushed back, the local bus company are looking to run buses the short distance from the horse racing to the speedway, to enable people to attend both events, if they so wish.

Throw in local government elections that weekend as well, and Pardubice will be an extremely busy place that week(end) !

I was at Plzen for the U21 team quali a couple of years ago. As it turned out, the people that did NOT stay home for the election TV show, left the meeting as the gates closed to see the TV show about the elections...

Hi guys. I would like to go as well, but I have question about tickets. On ticketportal there are tickets for Zlata Prilba and junior WC (have I buy them separately?). Where Can I buy tickets for Zlata Stuha? Can I buy mega-pack of tickets for those three meetings together?

When I went they had some of the qualifying races on the previous day to help out.

The riders were split into 6 groups of 6 and there are 6 riders in each heat. The same group of 6 riders meet in each of their qualifying heats. As an example heat 1 (in gate position order) had riders A,B,C,D, E and F and heat 2 riders G,H,I,J,K and L.

Heat 7 had riders D, E, F, A, B and C and heat 8 J, K, L, G, H and I. usw.

After, I think 4 rounds of the identical six qualifying heats the top points scorer in each group went to the A final and the second top scorer to the B (or maybe there were semi finals but I had lost the will to live by then) . It could happen under this format that the best two riders in the tournament are in the same group so the second best rider on the day would not necessarily qualify for the final.

Using BSF criteria Buzz Burrows is rider A and Dean Felton rider B. Buzz has 4 wins @ 5 points each and Dean 4 x 4 point second places. Buzz would go into the A final but Dean’s 16 would see him fail although rider G (Tai Woffinden)’s 11 points in his qualifying group against other BSF no hopers like Nicki Pedersen, Greg Hancock and Michael Jepser Jensen would see him through. Not fair I know but Dean should walk the B final.

If all this is still too confusing a beer in the quaintly named Bum Bum bar behind the main stand will always bring out the schoolboy in all of us. Talks of Botticelli and Arsenal FC never fail to produce a guffaw or two there.

That reminds me, must book my eye test at Boot's

Hi guys. I would like to go as well, but I have question about tickets. On ticketportal there are tickets for Zlata Prilba and junior WC (have I buy them separately?). Where Can I buy tickets for Zlata Stuha? Can I buy mega-pack of tickets for those three meetings together?

just turn up at the track before the Zlata Stuha on the Friday.

The Zlata Stuha attracts a quite small crowd.

You could very well end up with a row of seats all to yourself, Vicar. most people just buy a ticket and sit wherever they feel like.

Seats are just 100 Kc for this meeting, and standing is only 50 Kc

Edited by jeffster

Thanks for that

I really try hard, but I just can't buy tickets for Zlata Prilba on ticketportal.cz . Would be a problem if I buy tickets directly before Zlata Prilba, or e.g. on Friday?

Thanks for that

I really try hard, but I just can't buy tickets for Zlata Prilba on ticketportal.cz . Would be a problem if I buy tickets directly before Zlata Prilba, or e.g. on Friday?

No, not at all

Just buy tickets for all three meetings when you go to the Zlata Stuha

Thanks, jeffster. I can't wait for those meetings :)

Edited by Vicar