British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dudleywood4eva

Most Exciting Riders From The 80's And 90's

For me Phil Collins, Chris Morton, Jano Pedersen, Bruce Penhall, Billy Hamill, John Cook, Michael Lee... All fantastic to watch and great from the back. Anyone else's thoughts?

Andrew Silver and Shawn McConnell. And Per Jonsson.

• Like 1

Loram,Screen,Silver,Luckhurst,Mogridge

Both the Moran bros, also Pc and Mort (heat 13 at Hyde Road simply awesome). Sudden Sam along with Foxy Smith, not suprising that most of these guys were pretty poor gaters (with the exception of Shooey and Sam who could occasionally make a decent start). Cowboy Cook was always great to watch, with his crazy leg trailing antics!!!The B52 Peter Carr was always good value at Sheffield as well. The only dane that i could class as exciting in this era is Jan O, the rest were to busy getting rollers and winning everything in sight!!!!!

McConnell

Kelly and Shawn Moran, J Cook , Loram, Per Johnson, Richard Green (Exeter)

My personal best memory of John(Cowboy) Cook, was at Wimbledon and him riding in his spectacular style. Coming out of the second bend and looking back between his legs to see where the opposition were. :lol:

My favourite exciting riders.

Barry Thomas(Hackney) who never learnt how to gate, but boy was he exciting to see screaming round Waterden Road in pursuit of anyone in front of him, some of the biggest cheers of the night would be his races particularly if he managed to get past and win or even gain one point :party:.

Todd Wiltshire(Wimbledon) he could gate and chase down and get past rivals(sometimes) and those White Leathers just marked out a guy who was going somewhere though he didn't quite achieve his potential.