British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Rye House V Workington 13/8/12

Think Len has got the best chance now to get the best team for next year and it wont be a surprise to see Kasper there, hope he is.

I dont think that there will be a NL team next year as Len said at the start of this season he had to think long and hard about having a NL side for this season.

And whats the shock team news Shadders??? :blink:

Ritchie Hawkins out, Simon Lambert in... Maybe not such a great shock as Ritchie has been struggling, but as Len Silver has basically admitted that he's given up on this season any unenforced (does such a word exist?) team changes are surprising.

Not sure if that's an improvement to be honest, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

Edited by Shadders

Ritchie Hawkins out, Simon Lambert in... Maybe not such a great shock as Ritchie has been struggling, but as Len Silver has basically admitted that he's given up on this season any unenforced (does such a word exist?) team changes are surprising.

Not sure if that's an improvement to be honest, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

Thought Ritchie was well of the pace not just last night but last couple of meetings ive been to so it dont really surprise me. Like you, willing to give Simon a chance but lets face it, it cant get much worse for the rockets in 2012 can it??

I remember Ritchie with us, I think Graham Drury signed him. He was going well and looked a racer til he got a head injury. That finished his season and he's had other injuries since and didn't do well on his last visit. I hope he gets his career going again, he has the talent.

I remember Ritchie with us, I think Graham Drury signed him. He was going well and looked a racer til he got a head injury. That finished his season and he's had other injuries since and didn't do well on his last visit. I hope he gets his career going again, he has the talent.

Full of promise, but failed to deliver. Ritchie would frustrate the hell out of you.

I'd travel to watch the Rockets at places like Somerset and Berwick, two of Ritchie's ex tracks, hoping to see him rack up the points, but often it looked like he'd never seen the place.

He'd have the odd decent race, but they were few and far between. You could see him putting the effort in on Monday night, but it just wasn't happening.

I wonder if he'll take a break, or look for a new team? Berwick had vacancies, but I hear they've been filled.

Edited by Shadders

After he was at workington he went backwards.

maybe its his lifestyle.

now shaved fancy hair styles and designer sunglasses are of more interest than winning races

Bit harsh Scarra. I think its the same story as Frampton. They both like fast big race tracks and the tight technical rye track has killed their confidence. Cant blame Len for signing them in the first place as it gave us the chance of points away. The only mystery is why (1) they were invited back and (2) why they agreed to come back. Not a fan of Lambert but pleased to see that Len will not tolerate second best anymore.

Always liked Ritchie but he has had some terrible luck with injuries, hope he gets back on track soon, as for Simon Lambert he always seems to give his best and i would have him in my team at reserve.

Full of promise, but failed to deliver. Ritchie would frustrate the hell out of you.

I'd travel to watch the Rockets at places like Somerset and Berwick, two of Ritchie's ex tracks, hoping to see him rack up the points, but often it looked like he'd never seen the place.

He'd have the odd decent race, but they were few and far between. You could see him putting the effort in on Monday night, but it just wasn't happening.

I wonder if he'll take a break, or look for a new team? Berwick had vacancies, but I hear they've been filled.

Would have him at Worky at reserve :t:

Sounds good, will a DVD be available? We seen Jason at Norhside a year or two ago. He didn't win the meeting but looked like a speedway rider, really comfortable on his bike, just a bit too daring maybe which caused him too come off. His was the name we remembered and we were disappointed that he was injured when Rye came to DP. Hopefully he'll have an injury free run and keep improving.

The DVD is edited and available from T2TV, includes interviews with Lykke and Bach, plus all the second half although this does not have commentary on, the main match does, including replays, slow mo's etc.

• Like 1

The DVD is edited and available from T2TV

Ken, do you have a link for the website please. The link I tried sends to a T2TV website that hasn't been updated since 2008!!

Thanks for that, while I'm here, on Comets unofficial last night that doctors have told Kenny that along with injuries already reported he also has 3 more broken vertebrae and a badly broken shoulder. Terrible for the lad

Edited by comet49

t2tvmrdiauk.webplus.net. Here yer go shadders