British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick V Plymouth Wed Aug 22nd

A much better performance tonight from all of the riders , lets hope we can keep it going

Enjoyed tonight, our riders looked well up for it and you know what your going to get from Barker. Morris was great value, would love him in our team next season, so commited and full throttle, great to watch! Micky Dyer really is an improving rider, can gate very well so will always do well at Berwick, our 3 point man for next year? Barret impressed me alot, reminded me of Kenni Larsen the first time he rode at Berwick, very similar style, get him and ave and he could be very good next year! Robin was great value, inflicted Barker with his only defeat! Thought the track was decent after feeling sceptical having watched the way it was prepared! Credit to the promotion for this evenings prices, very good idea and i think they were supported well! Credit as well for £10 entry against the Monarchs, i cant personally make it but should be a huge crowd! All in all an enjoyable evening.

• Like 1

what sort of crowd was there compared to a normal race night

About 700 plus crowd, of which approx 560 were paying participants. Probably about the same as recent meetings excluding workington.

About 700 plus crowd, of which approx 560 were paying participants. Probably about the same as recent meetings excluding workington.

Nonsense, bigger crowd than over last 5/6 weeks, possibly including Workington visit. Maybe difficult to judge from your seat in the stand, but from back straight we can see how many stand seats are full. Also many more than usual on first turn, no doubt in and around the bouncy castle and face-painting booth.

Did you get your face touched up?

• Like 2

Nonsense, bigger crowd than over last 5/6 weeks, possibly including Workington visit. Maybe difficult to judge from your seat in the stand, but from back straight we can see how many stand seats are full. Also many more than usual on first turn, no doubt in and around the bouncy castle and face-painting booth.

Did you get your face touched up?

Only using the figure given By john to the press.

Not enough paint to touch up my face. :cry:

Berwick are getting themselves into the same sort of position Edinburgh were a few years back when they struggled before putting together a couple of decent seasons when they had a group of riders ready to improve but just couldn’t get the balance right.

Berwick have about 12/14 riders that you could logically pick from, if they get the mix right they could come out of it with a very decent 1-7.

The majority of the guys that have rode for Berwick this year are actually capable of being in a very good PL side.

Edited by wjm
  • Like 3

Pretty nailed-on with your figures there Taffy.

Well, just about nailed-on, maybe more than nailed on, or approximately nailed-on, or maybe even just your usual tripe?

Edited by bigeddiechek
  • Like 1

Well, just about nailed-on, maybe more than nailed on, or approximately nailed-on, or maybe even just your usual tripe?

Take it you didnt have your laser there to give us an exact figure then?

Enjoyed tonight, our riders looked well up for it and you know what your going to get from Barker. Morris was great value, would love him in our team next season, so commited and full throttle, great to watch! Micky Dyer really is an improving rider, can gate very well so will always do well at Berwick, our 3 point man for next year? Barret impressed me alot, reminded me of Kenni Larsen the first time he rode at Berwick, very similar style, get him and ave and he could be very good next year! Robin was great value, inflicted Barker with his only defeat! Thought the track was decent after feeling sceptical having watched the way it was prepared! Credit to the promotion for this evenings prices, very good idea and i think they were supported well! Credit as well for £10 entry against the Monarchs, i cant personally make it but should be a huge crowd! All in all an enjoyable evening.

Blue snow tonight, I actually agree with one of your posts.

Take it you didnt have your laser there to give us an exact figure then?

Nope, it has run out of argon.

Was very impressed with Micky against Plymouth no doubt he will have a point to prove next week looking forward to heat 11 especially ;;;

• Like 2

Are you saying John is giving the press incorrect figures (no reason as turnout was much better than expected). It was also stated that the evening did not break even, but was not disappointed with turn out,

Facts, Facts then there are Bigeddiecheck's :D

Edited by TOURETTES

Was very impressed with Micky against Plymouth no doubt he will have a point to prove next week looking forward to heat 11 especially ;;;

thanks edinburgh for given berwick micky dyer

thanks edinburgh for given berwick micky dyer

Hardly given,more loaned. ;)

well if its around the same or bigger as stated in a later post then it must be classed as succesful as midweek meetings as a rule dont get as many in through the gates
  • Like 1