British Speedway Forum

Well i cant make the restaging of this meeting & have no intention of going to the ELRC, why couldnt i get a refund on my ticket yesterday?????? they were quick enough to take my hard earned £20 off me so why couldnt i get it back after the meeting was calleed off after just 4 heats? Just when u think speedway cant do anything else to put the sport further into the ground & they pull tricks like this!

You never get your money back in cash . Did you honestly expect someone to be stood with a load of £20 notes , handing them out to people leaving the stadium ?

• Like 3

Why cant people make decisions, after heat 4 the longer they waited the less chance there was for it being on

why is speedway losing support, ask all of us who waited for an hour for a call off

Here here!!

Wasn't happy to see that the first bend bar wasn't open :shock::mad:

• Like 4

According to Sheffield's fixture list the PLRC is now The 14th October with a 1pm start time.

http://www.sheffield...php?extend.1229

Question for me is do they have the same line-up as yesterday or E.G if Cook is fit does he replace Pijper, If Gjedde's fit does he replace Mellgren etc etc.

On holiday for the re-staging so will probably use my ticket for next years event.

I would think that unless any of yesterday's field gets injured or is riding elsewhere then it should be the same line-up. I cannot see how they can say to Pijper, Melgren, Grajczonek, Alden or Hall that they are good enough to race in the original meeting but not the re-staging (then again anything could happen).

Me too. I wanted to watch the Man City v Arsenal game.

• Like 1

Just arrived back in Preston and I dont hold anybody to blame for this , just one of those things , they give it 5 minutes and if ( and ok it was never an if ) it cleared up after an hour they get slaughtered , give it an hr and the slim slim chance of a clear up and the criticism comes , agree that the riders where clearly aware prior to the official cancellation that it was off but who can blame them for wanting to get packed away , the weather beat us but for my first time to Sheffield it wont be the last , enjoyed the carvery , got me Rico race jacket , met a few decent fans just wasnt to be , oh well Match of the Day on Tele it is .... :( , the real loser today is the Sport but us Speedway fans always come back for more just in less numbers buts thats another topic !

Chris

the forcast was that once it started it wasnt going to stop, to keep people who had travelled a long way waiting an hour for the obvious was wrong

by the way the sun still hasnt come out and it has rained non stop since it started yesterday, just as the forcast said it would

NB Anybody else got another moan

Yeah me...Newcastle could of had a meeting last night which wouldn't of been rained off :-)
  • Like 2

Yeah, why wasnt it open? Think I can answer my own question, I guess its down to cost cutting by the stadium owners.

On the subject of the stadium, I know they've spent lots of money on the restaurant etc...but are there any plans to invest eleswhere? I've been visiting owlerton 30 odd years, it once was fantastic stadium offering great viewing from wherever....don't get me wrong, the stadium and facilities are still much, much better than most tracks have to offer, but what would it take to return Owerton to its best?

Reopen the back straight.

Reopen 1st and 3rd bend bars.

Return seating on the home straight.

Bigger pits.

Love to see it...but won't hold my breath.

Well i cant make the restaging of this meeting & have no intention of going to the ELRC, why couldnt i get a refund on my ticket yesterday?????? they were quick enough to take my hard earned £20 off me so why couldnt i get it back after the meeting was calleed off after just 4 heats? Just when u think speedway cant do anything else to put the sport further into the ground & they pull tricks like this!

Not that I think it is right, but I have never known a promotion refund money on the day. This is not the first time an instance like yesterday has ever happened, to be fair most folk were in before it began to rain, and the meeting was good to go at the start time. Edited by Tigerblade

surely a meeting like this should always be run at a 1pm start. if ther was rain at least another wouldnt have mattered. i had a 3 hour drive back to cumbria. raining all the way. surely they could have given the metoffice a call to get the update for shefie.ld area

Yeah, why wasnt it open? Think I can answer my own question, I guess its down to cost cutting by the stadium owners.

On the subject of the stadium, I know they've spent lots of money on the restaurant etc...but are there any plans to invest eleswhere? I've been visiting owlerton 30 odd years, it once was fantastic stadium offering great viewing from wherever....don't get me wrong, the stadium and facilities are still much, much better than most tracks have to offer, but what would it take to return Owerton to its best?

Bigger pits.

Bigger pits.

I don't know what plans the Owlerton management have got, but unfortunately the current speedway crowds don't justify this investment, and the outside seating block on the home straight was removed for safety reasons after the Taylor Report.

Bigger pits.

None of that affects the dog racing. All 3 bars are open for the dogs, and the car park is half the price it is for speedway.

Yesterday showed what speedway is thought of by the stadium owners.

• Like 2

None of that affects the dog racing. All 3 bars are open for the dogs, and the car park is half the price it is for speedway.

Yesterday showed what speedway is thought of by the stadium owners.

Bloody shame innit...Bit of investment on the terraces, overcome a few H&S issues here and there and maybe the speedway crowds would improve. Used to love Owlerton in the 70's/80's...pint in each bar, views from the back straight, used to be superb....oh the memories.

• Like 1

Bloody shame innit...Bit of investment on the terraces, overcome a few H&S issues here and there and maybe the speedway crowds would improve. Used to love Owlerton in the 70's/80's...pint in each bar, views from the back straight, used to be superb....oh the memories.

Fraid the reopening of the back straight are more than just a few Health & Safety issues for the council in Sheffield

dont forget the stadium owners will gain little from any extra income, and to be honest i dont think there would be any anyway.

the dogs dont need the back straight, so speedway wont get it, simple

You can only do this at the end of the season they said??

Thats not far away - you spent it so could afford it - you'll get it back chief

You can only do this at the end of the season they said??

Thats not far away - you spent it so could afford it - you'll get it back chief