British Speedway Forum

To be honest, I think this an excellent line-up, and although I have reservations about Olly Allen purely because of his injury record, which of course can't be helped, it's watered my mouth enough to make the 4-hour round trip as often as finances and decent weather permit.

Mellgrem IMO will be a very solid and reliable heat-leader. So will Allen if he can keep out of trouble!! Bunyan should be good for a minimum of 8-points a meeting. Garrity is getting better all the time, and providing he keeps a level head, could and should go far in the sport. Lambert & Lykke at reserve have got to be a promoters dream in the Premier League, especially at home where towards the end of the current season, they both looked so full of points. Nelson I'll give the benefit of doubt to, but am not convinced, think I would rather have investigated the possibility of Stefan Nielsen, assuming they hadn't already done so.

I've always been a bit of a Rye House 'Knocker' on this forum, but I'll put my hands up and admit that some of the meetings that I saw there towards the end of the season were far more entertaining than they've been in past few years, and certainly better than anything I can remember seeing whilst travelling around to some Elite League meetings.

It's a team worthy of local support, and providing admission costs are set at an affordable level (they're a tad to high at the moment), then there's no reason why many of those missing fans of recent years shouldn't return. They will surely be in the running for honours come next Autumn.

Bunyan should be good for a minimum of 8-points a meeting.

Huh? Why do you think Bunyan will increase his average so much next season? He only upped it by .40 last season from 4.74 to 5.14. You reckon he is going to add nearly 3 points...........................? :rofl::t:

Those Rolling averages are funny things, didn't he score 24 points against Berwick home and away in the cup final thingy, that Rye won, which doesn't go on the averages.

Decent line up, expect a title challenge with that seven. Enough left if Nelson no shows to sign a decent replacement too.

Decent line up, expect a title challenge with that seven. Enough left if Nelson no shows to sign a decent replacement too.

I daresay some might say it is well under the limit again but this is an exciting looking side. Olly is a good gater, and very quick once in the lead so an ideal no. 1. Also, he fits the experienced and 'family' values Len is seeking. Add to that riders who are at the start of their careers and, have proved themselves, already, to be match winners. For example, Kasper was the star of the show when Rye were at Ipswich last October. Jason G, is sensational on his day and, one year on, has the ability to be one of the PL stars in 2013. If you now add Anders to the equation plus the stability of Jason B this is an impressive side and, we have evidence that Simon has the ability to conquer the larger circuits such as Sheffield. Finally, if Nelson fails to appear, Len still has over 7.5 points in his shopping basket.

Edited by tocha

I think it's a very risky team, with a lot of pressure on Garrity, Bunyan and Nelson....all of whom were reserves in the not to distant past and are now all in the main body...

That team is brilliant lol. The first team to go all season without scoring a single league point? Get Olly Allen in your fantasy team - 5 rides and a TR every meeting.

I daresay some might say it is well under the limit again but this is an exciting looking side. Olly is a good gater, and very quick once in the lead so an ideal no. 1. Also, he fits the experienced and 'family' values Len is seeking. Add to that riders who are at the start of their careers and, have proved themselves, already, to be match winners. For example, Kasper was the star of the show when Rye were at Ipswich last October. Jason G, is sensational on his day and, one year on, has the ability to be one of the PL stars in 2013. If you now add Anders to the equation plus the stability of Jason B this is an impressive side and, we have evidence that Simon has the ability to conquer the larger circuits such as Sheffield. Finally, if Nelson fails to appear, Len still has over 7.5 points in his shopping basket.

Yeah no doubt about the potential of quite a few of these riders, but Len Silver seems to do this every year where by he puts out teams that way under the limit. I wonder if he suffers from discalcula.

Has Chris Neath retired due to injury ? anyone know.

Don't think he has actually announced his retirement but he will not be fit enough for the start / most of 2013

That team is brilliant lol. The first team to go all season without scoring a single league point? Get Olly Allen in your fantasy team - 5 rides and a TR every meeting.

Has Jepsen Jensen Racing hacked your account SCB? That is a very good line up.

Has Jepsen Jensen Racing hacked your account SCB? That is a very good line up.

But it's about 10 points under the limit. Sorry, it's terrible, this 1-7 will finish bottom, by a long way.

But it's about 10 points under the limit. Sorry, it's terrible, this 1-7 will finish bottom, by a long way.

I have to agree it looks poor. Why does he build his teams so far under the limit EVERY year? Yes there is some talent there with improvement in them, but the hard fact is they're gonna have to improve considerably just to be on a par with others who build to the limit and improve very little.

3 points under the limit, not seen any other line ups so far, will not be bottom I'm certain. Stand by my statement we'll be challenging.

3 points under the limit, not seen any other line ups so far, will not be bottom I'm certain. Stand by my statement we'll be challenging.

deluded :)