British Speedway Forum

If it does indeed happen, what are the chances of Tommy Allen making a comeback?

Slim to none... and slim just left town

If that's the case if i were a Rye fan i'd be hoping he doesn't show!

And if he doesn't, do you trust len to make the most of that near 8 points? Having seen his comments about not bothering to look at points limits when building his sides i'd be less than confident that he would.

Me neither. He had almost 8 points to use and signed Simon Lambert!!

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Me neither. He had almost 8 points to use and signed Simon Lambert!!

Yes i must admit if i supported Rye i would find that really annoying.

Some good young talent to get behind though and hopefully see improve so it's not all doom and gloom.

• Like 1

Perhaps Silver is banking on Garrity making that step up. Nelson is gonna be very rusty and will take a while to get back in the groove. Still not convinced he'll be over.

I'm sure he will have one eye on a team place next year.

I'm sure he will have one eye on a team place next year.

Very good :lol:

Yes i must admit if i supported Rye i would find that really annoying.

Some good young talent to get behind though and hopefully see improve so it's not all doom and gloom.

Can't imagine many Rye fans will be over the moon about it, but as you say, some good young talent there. Will be interesting to see if Anders Mellberg can do a Sundstrom in his second season at Rye and take the league by storm.

Very good :lol:

Can't imagine many Rye fans will be over the moon about it, but as you say, some good young talent there. Will be interesting to see if Anders Mellberg can do a Sundstrom in his second season at Rye and take the league by storm.

they all decent talents shadders, just not all in the same team....

what makes everyone think nelson will get his Visa application approved?

What has changed since last year?

what makes everyone think nelson will get his Visa application approved?

What has changed since last year?

That's if you believe it was a lack of a visa that kept him in Oz

• Like 1

I have spoken to a few people (not all Len fans) and they all give the same story that there is about £15k of gear sitting in the pits ready for Nelson. So I presume that Len believes he is going to turn up sometime ???

I've posted my theories earlier in the year, but I think it deserves another read...

Nelson is what, 19 or 20? with a partner and a young child... His partner and child were with him when he came over in 2011 and spent the entire season here, I believe living in a caravan within the stadium... Now, put yourself in their position. In a strange country, thousands of miles from home and away from your family and friends for 8 months. Nelson is often away up and down the country riding speedway. I have no idea if his partner accompanied him to away meetings, if not thats a hell of a long time spend on your own.

Nelson is unlike any other young Aussies I know that have come over, in the fact that he has a child. Usually they come over with no strings and often live with other Aussies of similar age, so basically can have a good time (if you know what I mean ;) )

Rumour is that Nelson got himself a pretty decent job in Oz last year, paying good wages, maybe not as much as he'd earn riding speedway over here, but without the hassle and the upheaval of moving half way accross the globe. If I was in his position I know what I'd do.

I don't buy this visa crap. It surely wouldn't take 6 months to process a visa if everything was above board. Either he really has a chequered past as some have suggested; the UK authorities were extremely slow processing visas in 2012, or he changed his mind about coming over. Whether Silver knows anything is open to question. If he did he wouldn't tell us!

Please bear in mind this is only a theory of mine. I know as much as any of you and have only heard snippets here and there around the track.

• Like 1

I've posted my theories earlier in the year, but I think it deserves another read...

Nelson is what, 19 or 20? with a partner and a young child... His partner and child were with him when he came over in 2011 and spent the entire season here, I believe living in a caravan within the stadium... Now, put yourself in their position. In a strange country, thousands of miles from home and away from your family and friends for 8 months. Nelson is often away up and down the country riding speedway. I have no idea if his partner accompanied him to away meetings, if not thats a hell of a long time spend on your own.

Nelson is unlike any other young Aussies I know that have come over, in the fact that he has a child. Usually they come over with no strings and often live with other Aussies of similar age, so basically can have a good time (if you know what I mean ;) )

Rumour is that Nelson got himself a pretty decent job in Oz last year, paying good wages, maybe not as much as he'd earn riding speedway over here, but without the hassle and the upheaval of moving half way accross the globe. If I was in his position I know what I'd do.

I don't buy this visa crap. It surely wouldn't take 6 months to process a visa if everything was above board. Either he really has a chequered past as some have suggested; the UK authorities were extremely slow processing visas in 2012, or he changed his mind about coming over. Whether Silver knows anything is open to question. If he did he wouldn't tell us!

Please bear in mind this is only a theory of mine. I know as much as any of you and have only heard snippets here and there around the track.

didn't travis mcgowan have a similar problem with his visa last year also.

didn't travis mcgowan have a similar problem with visa last year also.

I heard that story too

maybe he was a naughty boy after he went back to oz?? :)

Thanks for that Shadders - I was unaware of the baggage surrounding young tyson...

as you say - Lens keeps most of what he know's under his flat cap!!

The official line from last week's SS track review;

"The problem was the Border Agency moved from their headquarters to Manila in the Philippines", he [Len] said. "So you had people there making decisions on people's livelihoods and going strictly by the book. Previously, when it was in Australia, riders could sit across the table from an official and sort things out but you can't do that, now things get rejected and you don't even know your application has been rejected."

Won't hold my breath and wouldn't be too surprised if R/R made an appearance as early as press & practice day.