British Speedway Forum

I think Leigh Lanham will be in personally.

Would be welcome, but not a number1

Seen the names Kling and Lanham banded about throughout the season and one of them ok but both would be a disaster, both are capable of third heat leader status and with a big No1 in situ and strenght in depth would be ok at a push as second heat leaders but both together i reckon another season of disasters beckon. Seen enough of Kling to think he wouldN't improve much on his assessed average and lanham who has recently said he is very happy at Ipswich no longer looks the real deal to me. Think we have the makings of a very useful side for next year but really do need a top No 1 to round it off

Olly Allen

Mellegren

Nelson

Bunyan

Garrity

Nielsen

I'd say them 6 and 1 other for Rye next season...

Olly Allen

Mellegren

Nelson

Bunyan

Garrity

Nielsen

I'd say them 6 and 1 other for Rye next season...

What average would Olly Allen come in on?

If Ollie went to Hoddeson, get Tommy back as well. Think of how much Uncle lennie would save on travelling. Everyones a winner. :lol:

If Ollie went to Hoddeson, get Tommy back as well. Think of how much Uncle lennie would save on travelling. Everyones a winner. :lol:

The return of The Tommy Gun. Gives me a semi just thinking about it!

As they are Norfolk boys they could both end up at Kings Lynn, then the Chapmans would be the ones saving the dough.

Edited by Shadders

Surprised no one has mentioned Ollie Allen to be fair.

He did put out that he wants to ride Premier League next season, and you would think that he would do well..

Why wouldn't you want a rider on a bargain average?

You won't win anything building a side on a rider's personality.

do you believe me now that naughty Nelson was never coming back this season?? Allegedly :)

I'd have in my side any day.

Edited by Arson fire

What average would Olly Allen come in on?

Depends...

His old PL average is 9.80, but his converted EL average is 8.08.

He would be doubling up, therefore use his converted EL average of 8.08?

Allen 9.80/8.08

Mellgren 6.47

Bunyan 5.14

Nelson 5.33

Bowen 5.57/Lanham 7.68

Garrity 4.79

Nielsen 4.28

If it's 9.80 then 6.69 remaining guessing you'd have Bowen back? However if it's 8.08 then you could have someone like Lanham backing Olly up.

Potential to be a very good team imo.

Edited by speedy17

Depends...

His old PL average is 9.80, but his converted EL average is 8.08.

He would be doubling up, therefore use his converted EL average of 8.08?

Allen 9.80/8.08

Mellgren 6.47

Bunyan 5.14

Nelson 5.33

Bowen 5.57/Lanham 7.68

Garrity 4.79

Nielsen 4.28

If it's 9.80 then 6.69 remaining guessing you'd have Bowen back? However if it's 8.08 then you could have someone like Lanham backing Olly up.

Potential to be a very good team imo.

Olly Allen on a near 10 point average? No thank you!!!

Now an 8 point average makes it more interesting. Gotta lay my cards on the table and say I'm not a huge fan of his. Just doesn't excite me I'm afraid, but saying that I've not really seen that much of him to be honest.

do you believe me now that naughty Nelson was never coming back this season

Most sensible Rye fans kinda guessed he wouldn't be back. I was never convinced.

Hey Shadders, you better read todays Hoddesdon and Broxbourne Mercury )))

Len gives you a right blasting for your tweets posted to last weeks @MercSport regarding Rye House )))

Constant critic, mostly ill informed !!! grossly unfair, totally irrellavent and typical of Shadwell. Hehehe just a few words from Lens reply to Chris Charalambous :rofl:

Len states he was contractually bound to include Steve Boxall and release Jason Doyle in March 2011. He has major ambitions for the club but this year has been unprecedented with the number of serious injuries and riders deciding to retire mid-season.

He also states that ambition is shown with the aquisition of the contracts of Jason Garrity and Kasper Lykke, and mentions the enhanced performances of Anders Mellgren.

By the way, congratulations to Anders on last weeks top performance in the PLRC :t:

Hey Shadders, you better read todays Hoddesdon and Broxbourne Mercury )))

Len gives you a right blasting for your tweets posted to last weeks @MercSport regarding Rye House )))

Constant critic, mostly ill informed !!! grossly unfair, totally irrellavent and typical of Shadwell. Hehehe just a few words from Lens reply to Chris Charalambous :rofl:

Len states he was contractually bound to include Steve Boxall and release Jason Doyle in March 2011. He has major ambitions for the club but this year has been unprecedented with the number of serious injuries and riders deciding to retire mid-season.

He also states that ambition is shown with the aquisition of the contracts of Jason Garrity and Kasper Lykke, and mentions the enhanced performances of Anders Mellgren.

By the way, congratulations to Anders on last weeks top performance in the PLRC :t:

A customer gave me their copy today. Nice that he should go to all that trouble. Interesting that he states that "all kids go free". Really?

Nice way to treat one of the most loyal Rye fans, who's supported the Rockets home and away since 1985, even when Len Silver abandoned the Rockets.

He also neglected to mention the shameful way he spoke to the supporters with contempt after he'd let Doyle go last year.

My reply to the Mercury is currently on my PC waiting to be sent. Interesting to see if they print it.

• Like 1

A customer gave me their copy today. Nice that he should go to all that trouble. Interesting that he states that "all kids go free". Really?

Nice way to treat one of the most loyal Rye fans, who's supported the Rockets home and away since 1985, even when Len Silver abandoned the Rockets.

He also neglected to mention the shameful way he spoke to the supporters with contempt after he'd let Doyle go last year.

My reply to the Mercury is currently on my PC waiting to be sent. Interesting to see if they print it.

you could end up with a lifetime ban from the launch pad shads! :shock: