British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

Am I missing something here:-

The Norfolk club have confirmed tonight (January 12) they have been given permission to open talks with the Danish ace over a loan switch to the Norfolk Arena for the third successive season.

How come permission was granted on January 12th when the appeal wasn't until yesterday, January 15th?

Am I missing something here:-

The Norfolk club have confirmed tonight (January 12) they have been given permission to open talks with the Danish ace over a loan switch to the Norfolk Arena for the third successive season.

How come permission was granted on January 12th when the appeal wasn't until yesterday, January 15th?

Yeah I picked up on that ;) - Mark Plummers fat fingers I think! :D

Seems to me that given that NKI is a Peterborough asset KL should have spoken to Peterborough first not BSPA.

• Like 1

It can hardly have been an 'alleged approach' after NKI's own comments!!!

Didnt the BSPA give Neils permission tho? :o

It is now permitted to illegally approach riders and if you do you will not get punished, you will be rewarded with a cheap loan deal for your endeavours. If you have the gaul to appeal this decision the BSPA Chairman will make his own mind up and publicly announce his decision before the appeal hearing.

Don't need a French lawyer, surely?

• Like 2

It's going to be fun though seeing how they handle Fisher's average going forward. He starts the season on a PL converted average of 5.27. In the background he has a full 28 meeting RA of 6.02. We were always told that once you attain a RA it remains forever with the oldest meeting being dropped for each new meeting once reaching the 28.

So after one meeting Fisher will have a season's CMA of between 0 and 12. His updated rolling average will remain at about 6 regardless. So there is an argument that he RA takes over immediately after one meeting. If not when does it become effective. First greensheets?; but he might not have reached the 4H/4A to move off his assessed average. Or do they just forget his old RA. If the latter, I'd suggest Charlie Gjedde takes a year out of the EL, finds a PL spot later this season and takes a nice chunk off his EL average ready for next year.

In contrast you have North with two meetings, 6 rides and 3 points from 2012. That is sufficient to use his EL RA this year as opposed to his converted PL average.

I just don't see how they intend to handle Fisher's average going forward. You could get the ridiculous situation that after just one meeting, the likes of Barker, Magic or Shields (on their current averages) are eligible to guest for Fisher around Peterborough.

If the sport is going to get out of trouble it needs rules that are easily understood and transparent - time for Speedway to be run by an independent body?

Image of Kenneth Bjerre's 2013 bikes that he'd put on Twitter today.

There's 2 Peterborough Panthers bikes right at the front just waiting for the covers to go on (The seats are a bit of a give away :lol: )

<again oversized image removed. post links, not large pictures>

• Like 1

Image of Kenneth Bjerre's 2013 bikes that he'd put on Twitter today.

There's 2 Peterborough Panthers bikes right at the front just waiting for the covers to go on (The seats are a bit of a give away :lol: )

Shock horror, what a suprise...knock me down with a feather... :o Tho..they could well be his brother's, the pictures behind them are of Lasse.

he hasnt signed for anybody yet though hopefully belle vue

But have they got permission to talk to him?

But have they got permission to talk to him?

Seems like Lynn are starting to get the concept, a bit too late.

Presuming KJB is a dead cert, that leaves 5.64 to play with. There are a few possibles on that figure, there is a chance Fisher could start the year at reserve.

The problem Peterborough now have is that Bjerre is no longer a dead cert. Assuming the press coverage (Swindon Advertiser) from the BSPA meeting is correct, Peterborough have yet to decide on their Number One. This is a dangerous strategy as in the meantime Bjerre may decide to up his European mainland commitments and drop the UK. It is unlikely Andersen or Batchelor would agree to ride for Peterborough in the circumstances, either dropping the UK entirely or potentially instigating a restraint of trade action against Peterborough if the Panthers fail to offer them reasonable terms.

With the danger that Bjerre may pull-out, the Panthers have no certainty on what points remain available for their seventh signing.

• Like 1

They won't get permission because he will be riding for peterborough.

That's a relief!