British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

Riders will end up where they want to be more often than not. Hopefully this will be resolved swiftly.

Just take it to a tribunal (looks like Panthers may be involved in one or two!!). The SCB set a precedent last season. Poole lead the way and others follow! :D:wink:

or would the Chapmans feel that would be cheating............?

Edited by Skidder

I don't think its always that black and white, sometimes riders will go where they feel happiest although I concede that nine times out of ten they will 'foller the dollar'. Personally I'd never blame any sportsman or anyone for that matter for moving on for a better deal.

Indeed - Schlein says 'he couldv'e got a better deal elsewhere but wanted to ride at Lynn' ;

NKI too might get a better deal elsewhere but after the season he's had, I'd guess that he considers that being at Lynn was one of the main contributing factors to his great year, and wants it to continue.

• Like 1

Decent looking line up for the Stars and fully expect a play off challenge at the very least. Stead snapped up very quickly and I hope he does well with his new challenge.

Plenty of experience in the team and a couple of riders on potentially 'false averages' that could give the team the improvement in the averages that all top sides have.

Will certainly present a problem to the current EL Champions in their back yard and looking forward to their visit next season. :t:

If its decided that Lynn need to purchase Puk then thats fair enough, and probably correct seeing as this will be his third season with the club. However the precedent was set by Poole only needing to loan Miedzinski last year so who knows?

That is an excellent looking team.

Was it Chapman that reference the changes to the points limit and the difference it would have on sides? Based on that 1-7 he is right.

Maybe a little bias given the Berwick connections in that side, but Alden could be the business if he can keep his head right, will be great to watch around NA.

Hope Kozza can get a decent winter in Oz and come back looking like the rider he was becoming before his injury.

If its decided that Lynn need to purchase Puk then thats fair enough, and probably correct seeing as this will be his third season with the club. However the precedent was set by Poole only needing to loan Miedzinski last year so who knows?

Yes but then Meidzinski wasnt making his third consecutive season loan to Poole, so somewhat different.

• Like 1

Indeed different circumstances but to most people Swindon were in the right, they didn't want him to go having offered him a spot themselves and it was quite obvious he was going to up his average considerably making him next to useless for Swindon afterwards. My point was that arbitration may not go the way that appears to be correct.

That team looks pretty good to me. If Alden can do as he did for Swindon in his limited meetings then I'm calling Lynn as favourites already, even before others are completed. Every one of that team has improvement in them.

Interesting tweet by Mads today

@doniversen Judas Judas Judas Judas Judas Judas Judas #britishspeedway #HvisIkkeDuErDoneSåErJegDone

Looking back to last night it was an enjoyable meeting, I think next year they will have to look for a bigger room, the place was packed out, to the point where you had a job to see anything and had to rely on your ears….

I think the Chapmans and Rob Lyons have done a brilliant job in securing this team. But to do it in such a short time as this is admirable. All these riders in this new team perform really well at Saddlebow road, and I can imagine the Stars being in contention for honours next year. There will be some worried promoters out there this morning, as the Stars have laid down a marker for the strength of teams in next years Elite league.

I look forward with optimism, Who knows, the 47 year wait might be coming an end…..

Good looking Team there, a 45 year wait ended this year, maybe a 47 next.... :wink:

Interesting tweet by Mads today

@doniversen Judas Judas Judas Judas Judas Judas Judas #britishspeedway #HvisIkkeDuErDoneSåErJegDone

Translated roughly means "If you're not done, then I'm done"

Edited by Romford Bomber

This needs sorting out with Pboro ASAP as far as I'm concerned this cant be allowed to run all winter .

That team looks pretty good to me. If Alden can do as he did for Swindon in his limited meetings then I'm calling Lynn as favourites already, even before others are completed. Every one of that team has improvement in them.

SCB, how can you call Lynn favourites without seeing completed line ups? Sure it looks a decent side, but it also has a thread of inconsistency running through it. Steady, Klindt, and Kornelieussen are all prone to it, and Smith and Alden are both risky.

Alden looked good in limitted appearances for the Robins, but in a full season? Definitely questionable.

Top for i would say (at the moment of course!)