British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

Eww how disgusting

Thats No way to address Trees :o

Why do fans always look for change ? Is it really to improve the team or just changing it for the sake of change. Buster has changed nearly half the team already. Leave well alone and watch it develop, ready for next season. NKI, Rory ( on a Low average) the 2 new guys, maybe throw young Lambert into the mix, a fit Mads and we could be onto something.

Keep the faith

Edited by semion
  • Like 2

Eww how disgusting

Only your mind haha

I do agree with Semion though, I think all riders deserve a break for a while, speedway isn't as easy as they make it look, as long as they are giving 100% effort to turn around their form/probs . . from a fan's point of view, I think we need to know what the problem is so we don't jump in with negative comments when they are undeserved . . .

• Like 2

Yes please :t:

....or MJJ.....or Bogdanovs....or Dudek

... or anyone that could be the heat leader that Rory isnt :/

From my experience at Coventry, that's what you get with Rory. Beating world champs one minute then battling it out at the back the next.

I do really like Rory though, nice guy and loyal to British Speedway. Agree with Semion & Trees, stick with him.

• Like 1

From my experience at Coventry, that's what you get with Rory. Beating world champs one minute then battling it out at the back the next.

I do really like Rory though, nice guy and loyal to British Speedway. Agree with Semion & Trees, stick with him.

Yeah i like Rory too - maybe I was a bit harsh BUT he certainly hasnt been the heatleader we were hoping he'd be most of the time - he apparently had problems at Pboro though so maybe he'll make up for it next meeting :unsure:

As yu say tho i wouldnt be surprised if it was 1-3-0-2-0 on his scorechart ......

• Like 1

Don't forget Rory has had a few big off's this year as well. Once he gets into the groove hopefully the points will start to flow. We have made enough changes this season due to injuries so it it is time to give the current line up time to gel and hopefully we might sneak some decent points in the run in to the end of the season and bag that 4th play off spot.

Only thing I'd think about changing would be the presenter and try and bring someone in with a decent amout of speedway knowledge who can interview riders and the like during the meeting. Its all very well being able to shout and scream and try an inject some excitement, but there is no substance to his banter. He has improved a little, but is it's still rather painful and cringeworthy.

His attempts at the WTC were no better, surely for such an important match someone else should have been brought in. There is talk on another thread about lack of atmosphere, I know GB were never gonna win, but his obvious lack of subject knowledge really didn't help. The one fact that'd he'd obviously learnt was that Woffy was British Champ.

Edited by kelvinht
  • Like 1

Don't forget Rory has had a few big off's this year as well. Once he gets into the groove hopefully the points will start to flow. We have made enough changes this season due to injuries so it it is time to give the current line up to gel and hopefully we might sneak some decent points in the run in to the end of the season and bag that 4th play off spot.

Agreed yes, and although Andrej & Niklas are definitely good for the future, we need to be stronger NOW. We've downgraded since the start of the season with most of the replacements, so its even more important that we have reliable heat-leaders to back-up Niels to balance the loss of Simon - and we've not had that in our most recent meetings. I know both Mads and Rory have been knocked about a bit this year but unless one or both of them hit form very soon then we have no hope of getting to the play-offs.

Agreed yes, and although Andrej & Niklas are definitely good for the future, we need to be stronger NOW. We've downgraded since the start of the season with most of the replacements, so its even more important that we have reliable heat-leaders to back-up Niels to balance the loss of Simon - and we've not had that in our most recent meetings. I know both Mads and Rory have been knocked about a bit this year but unless one or both of them hit form very soon then we have no hope of getting to the play-offs.

Yep, but even if we did look for a replacement, don't think there is anyone out there that would fit average wise and hit decent scores from the off...so think we're best to stick with what we've got. If it doesn't work out at least we've got the basis of a good side next season.

Lynn have made some approaches for riders no doubt but I feel that they lack the pulling power to attract the big names, Big name riders want to ride for clubs that have won trophies and league titles.

• Like 1

Our trouble came with Klint. I think many thought ( me included) the guy would be hitting around the 6.5/7 point average. sadly it never happened. That put us firmly on the backfoot. Bringing Howe did nothing to improve things. With all changes there is no gurantee that things will improve. I like what Buster is doing, with the 2 new imports. Give them a few Months in British Speedway and then sit back and reap the rewards next year.

Our trouble came with Klint. I think many thought ( me included) the guy would be hitting around the 6.5/7 point average. sadly it never happened. That put us firmly on the backfoot. Bringing Howe did nothing to improve things. With all changes there is no gurantee that things will improve. I like what Buster is doing, with the 2 new imports. Give them a few Months in British Speedway and then sit back and reap the rewards next year.

Teams may well look a lot different next season....

I guess until we are told different we just deal in what we know, and what has been the status quo, unless of course you are someone who KNOWS different ?

• Like 1

Seb alden has quit British speedway

Edited by Phil The Ace

just read Plymouth's statement on Seb quitting British speedway. bad news for Lynn.