British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

Can't believe we're talking about 2014 when 2013 isn't done yet.

I think it probably is!

OMG!!!!

I take it all back, Peterborough have just beaten Poole....maybe we still have a chance THIS SEASON after all.... :o

Edited by kelvinht
  • Like 3

I must remain positive, we can still do this

• Like 1

Well, you never know, got to stay positive I suppose as neither Lakeside nor Poole look strong enough to make a serious challenge for the 4th playoff spot and now Peterborough have dragged themselves into the mix, could be a very bumpy few weeks for all 4 teams.

<edit>

Just looked at the league table...hadn't realised we are only 4 points off the bottom as well....oh sh... aaaargh.....

Edited by kelvinht

Well, you never know, got to stay positive I suppose as neither Lakeside nor Poole look strong enough to make a serious challenge for the 4th playoff spot and now Peterborough have dragged themselves into the mix, could be a very bumpy few weeks for all 4 teams.

<edit>

Just looked at the league table...hadn't realised we are only 4 points off the bottom as well....oh sh... aaaargh.....

Agreed that Lakeside & Poole don't look strong enough but the Stars certainly don't either. Looks like P'boro will get there to me, on current form.

Hopefully we'll finish above BVue at least.

Edited by Star Fever

This season, all but over, and for whatever reason we again failed to qualify for the play-off's. We can look back and think, If Only... or, not more injuries. But we could also say there were riders who didn't want to ride, or there were some who rode but didn't perform. Sometimes, there were some, whose machinery was rubbish, There were some who didn't try. But not one of these reasons can be directed at NKI. I been coming to Lynn more years than I care to remember. I've seen some brilliant, world class riders, in the Stars colours. We can talk about the Lee's, Betts, Simmo, Crumps' Rickardssons, But I believe Niels fits into that groups of top class riders easily. He's everything a Promoters wants. Brilliant Rider, Ultimate Professional. The perfect gentleman. you know that every time he rides a bike he will give it 150%.. Mr Consistent. If he's not at saddlebow road next year he will leave a massive hole, one that probably can't be filled.

• Like 2

This season, all but over, and for whatever reason we again failed to qualify for the play-off's. We can look back and think, If Only... or, not more injuries. But we could also say there were riders who didn't want to ride, or there were some who rode but didn't perform. Sometimes, there were some, whose machinery was rubbish, There were some who didn't try. But not one of these reasons can be directed at NKI. I been coming to Lynn more years than I care to remember. I've seen some brilliant, world class riders, in the Stars colours. We can talk about the Lee's, Betts, Simmo, Crumps' Rickardssons, But I believe Niels fits into that groups of top class riders easily. He's everything a Promoters wants. Brilliant Rider, Ultimate Professional. The perfect gentleman. you know that every time he rides a bike he will give it 150%.. Mr Consistent. If he's not at saddlebow road next year he will leave a massive hole, one that probably can't be filled.

Can only agree with that 150%
  • Like 1

Here's another who'll be disappointed if Niels isn't back as a Star in 2014, he's been BLOODY GOOD again this season, 100% commitment always ......... not saying that our other riders haven't given 100% but hell Niels has been 100% effective with it :D Just one more meeting to race for us in his Stars 2013 colours at Swindon in the ELRC, who's going? Will Rory be in it too I wonder?

• Like 1

Here's another who'll be disappointed if Niels isn't back as a Star in 2014, he's been BLOODY GOOD again this season, 100% commitment always ......... not saying that our other riders haven't given 100% but hell Niels has been 100% effective with it :D Just one more meeting to race for us in his Stars 2013 colours at Swindon in the ELRC, who's going? Will Rory be in it too I wonder?

Not saying Niels hasn't written himself into Lynn folklore, but the debacle over his Danish fixtures has taken the gloss off over what would have been a near perfect season for NKI as a Star. Would certanly love him back in 2014, but can't see any GP riders bar Woffy riding in our leagues.

Schlein seems to divide opinion, he will be back in 2014 that of which I'm sure being a KL asset, but I'm still on the fence over whether it will be deserved as his mid-season form was dreadful and infuriating... tied for me with Steady's injury as being one of the main reasons we failed to reach the play offs this year.

Edited by tastethepoison

Not saying Niels hasn't written himself into Lynn folklore, but the debacle over his Danish fixtures has taken the gloss off over what would have been a near perfect season for NKI as a Star. Would certanly love him back in 2014, but can't see any GP riders bar Woffy riding in our leagues.

I was very disappointed about the Danish fixture clash but as nothing has been said by our promotion we can't blame Niels for it, it might be the case that if he hadn't ridden the meetings he would have been banned by the DMU???? The Stars were not penalised by him racing in Denmark, only Niels himself which was unfair I felt going by what he said at the time! I hope that if he does race for us in 2014 his Danish fixtures are known and planned for ahead of time ............

I was very disappointed about the Danish fixture clash but as nothing has been said by our promotion we can't blame Niels for it, it might be the case that if he hadn't ridden the meetings he would have been banned by the DMU???? The Stars were not penalised by him racing in Denmark, only Niels himself which was unfair I felt going by what he said at the time! I hope that if he does race for us in 2014 his Danish fixtures are known and planned for ahead of time ............

I thought they were this time!!! :wink:

Anyone else a bit cheesed off that several EL clubs are having big individuals to finish their season but at Lynn our season ended weeks ago?

Pride of the East would've been brilliant but I'd have been happy with a re-run of Ashley Jones's meeting :/

• Like 1

Personally i have little, to no interest in fill in, meaningless fixtures. I seem to remember Years ago, there would be The Supporters Trophy, The Littlechild Trophy, Anglian Cup, Best Pairs, The Border Trophy. All used to fill gaps in the fixture list.