British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

8.38.14 onwards.

Surprised with your post about Dan, Bagpuss. Never thought I'd see someone write that down!

Based purely on Nermark's average Em, its an attractive figure when you consider what he should be capable of. I'd put riders like Kennett, Bridger, Schlein, Bjarne and possibly Harris in the same bracket as for me and for various reasons they are all capable of sticking at least a point on their starting figures. Lynn has over the last ten years proved to be a good environment for riders to get their careers back on track and increase their averages and that is the secret to a good team, and Neils apart one of the reasons why we had a poor season in 2012.

I would like to see the model we used so successfully in The Premier league come in play. Will build a team that would hold its own in year one with loads of improvement in it as the season progressed. Then In year 2 we reaped the benefits of it. We did it more than once. Ok, I accept it will be much harder to do in The Elite League. I jsut think all the names being put on here show very little in the way of improvment. Niels had a fine season, but can he go on again next season, with the added distraction of The grand Prix's ? I really have my doubts. Maybe we should start with a clean sheet of paper and put together a nice little 2 year plan.

I wish the Stars would try and sign Richie Worrall,i really rate Richie as a hell of a prospect and feel he needs a track like the NA at this stage,big ,fast and grippy,i really think he would benefit of a season there and could be the making of him

• Like 2

Good call Montie, thats the type of rider i would like to see there, the guy is only going to get better. I thought Lakeside had first dibs on him ?

Hmmmmm semmers, I'm not sure we are in a position to be chucking away the good things from this year. Worrall would be a fine signing but can't see him going anywhere other than Lakey. Craig Cook is one young Brit I would love to see in a Lynn racesuit but I imagine he'll end up elsewhere too. Take your point about Iversen but a high scoring number one is pretty essential and I don't see any reason why he can't carry on next year where he left off this.

Good call Montie, thats the type of rider i would like to see there, the guy is only going to get better. I thought Lakeside had first dibs on him ?

Yes im sure they will have,but i have watched Richie from his first rides on speedway and has never done anything but impress me,such a nice kid to,as his is bro,I dont really care where he goes to be honest and i will watch him with huge interest,i just think a track like the superb NA will be the making of him,

He has got something about him as a rider,fantastic gater,i would just love to see him on a out and out racers track,plus its not far for me to come and watch him!!!!

Lakeside have signed and announced him for 2013 I believe.

Hmmmmm semmers, I'm not sure we are in a position to be chucking away the good things from this year. Worrall would be a fine signing but can't see him going anywhere other than Lakey. Craig Cook is one young Brit I would love to see in a Lynn racesuit but I imagine he'll end up elsewhere too. Take your point about Iversen but a high scoring number one is pretty essential and I don't see any reason why he can't carry on next year where he left off this.

I am not sure there is too many good bits to throw away. NKI was different class, but has he reached his peak ? Thats where the gamble comes in. Why would you say cook will end up elsewhere ? If he wants to become an Elite heat leader where better to do that than at a home track like Saddlebow.

I agree we should have an out and out number one. Then again how many thought that NKI could fill that role this season ? Do we again try and go with with an 8 point rider who can hopefully add a point, or a 9.5 who will do very well to hold that ?

Edited by semion

I believe Puk's rolling average is around 8.8 semmers. I'd imagine Cook will be in demand in which case it comes down to £'s. As for good bits I'd suggest that Wolbert and Szczepaniak are worth persevering with, not to fussed about the others though personally.

*too

Baggy, then I take that back, on 8.8 Puk is worth keeping. I guess it depends on if the Elite League will be further watered down or not. Wolbert was far to hit and miss, but maybe on his low average he could add a point of so, the same could be said of the Pole. Its the likes of Nermark that I see no future in. The same goes for Mads. They are where they are to stay. Elite league journeymen. The lad Majic, will be a great rider, just not in the British League. He misses to many meetings for reasons various.

Would like to see some fresh blood brought in, either up an coming from the Premier League or from away. Ones who can hopefully bring thier averages up over a 2 season period

No real argument from me semmers about last season's three middle order men......ideally we'll get fresh blood into those positions although I'd not be against having one of those three back if the numbers added up. Magic has no under 21 commitments next year, Nermark is better than 5.3 or whatever his rolling average is and Mads seems to have quite a bit of passion for the fight, I remember P'boro away in September when he was one of the few who got stuck in to a difficult track. Riders like Schlein, Proctor, Klindt, Hougaard, Mroczka and Kennett all spring to mind as riders who look to be on low figures for their ability and have either become a bit stale at their clubs or who have perhaps suffered with injuries and have the potential to add a point or two to what they would start on.

Oh blimey Semion you're bloody hard!! Of course we need to keep Niels, he did the job this year with no squit whatsoever, how can u not want the guy in our team in 2013? Wolbert was a different rider towards the end of the season, did u not know why? Mat was often the match winner, like him loads! Not sure about Magic, only the management know if they'd give him another go, IF he wants to come back of course! I would like to see Howe back and it goes without saying Kozza! I'm in the minority on here who'd have Mads back too if possible, there was good reason the management gave him the captain's armband after all!

Craig Cook is one young Brit I would love to see in a Lynn racesuit but I imagine he'll end up elsewhere too. Take your point about Iversen but a high scoring number one is pretty essential and I don't see any reason why he can't carry on next year where he left off this.

Craig Cook in the Speedway Star was quoted as saying he was unlikely to ride at Belle Vue next season - As he wanted to ride on the continent and Monday would not be ideal if he was riding in Poland / Sweden. Guess that rules him out for Eastbourne too ... I can see him going to Poole but certainly a rider a number of clubs will be hoping to sign.

Cook doubling up with Allen or Howe would work well. Allen or Howe to do majority home meetings and Cook to do away. Cook has always looked average round Lynn but is very good at other EL tracks...

Iversen

Wolbert

Kennett or Magic

Cook/Howe or Allen

Schlein

Sczcepaniak

Kozza/Birks

Just fits.

Edited by speedy17
  • Like 1