British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

I agree... but what if Peterborough offer him a shed load more money than us? Like they did with the Bjerres and Allen last season? He is not a guaranteed signing imo.

That's really strange...

Allen didn't even recieve an offer from Lynn last year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

and the Bjerre's are sponsored by Readypower.

I agree... but what if Peterborough offer him a shed load more money than us? Like they did with the Bjerres and Allen last season? He is not a guaranteed signing imo.

guaranteed signing if we buy him from Pboro two years of loan fees time to buy Neils contract I feel .
  • Like 1

We should have bought it last year, probably doubled in value this past season...

Just a thought regarding Niels. He's been pushing to get back into the GP's the last few years and hit probably his best form of his career. Now he's back in I feel now would be a bad time to purchase his contract from Peterborough.

If it all goes ** up for him in the GP series this year it could send him in decline. If he is back we need to sit tight for a bit and see what happens.

Just a thought regarding Niels. He's been pushing to get back into the GP's the last few years and hit probably his best form of his career. Now he's back in I feel now would be a bad time to purchase his contract from Peterborough.

If it all goes ** up for him in the GP series this year it could send him in decline. If he is back we need to sit tight for a bit and see what happens.

it could be with Neils being in the GPs he decides to give the UK a miss but I feel we could well be told buy his contract from Pboro and no loan .

it could be with Neils being in the GPs he decides to give the UK a miss but I feel we could well be told buy his contract from Pboro and no loan .

If that was the case you could end dreams in Niels coming back, Chapmans won't ever push out 20K plus for a rider and that is fact.

If Niels doesn't come back i think we might get Pedersen for the crowd draw.

You may be right and if we're ask / told to buy his contract, for me it would be "thanks but no thanks".

It is of no financial benefit to the club to purchase GP riders

I agree, shelling out a large sum for a GP rider in his thirties probably doesn't make great business sense. I guess it all depends on what P'boro want....if the loan amount is hefty they may be happy to draw a yearly fee off their asset.rather than selling him.

I agree, shelling out a large sum for a GP rider in his thirties probably doesn't make great business sense. I guess it all depends on what P'boro want....if the loan amount is hefty they may be happy to draw a yearly fee off their asset.rather than selling him.

I thought loan fees where at a fixed rate relevant to a riders EL average?

Edited by screamer

No idea mate, if thats the case then fair enough. To be honest I'd not blame P'boro for wanting a transfer fee for a rider's third consecutive season at another club.

it looks like darcy ward isnt going back to poole. would like to see him in kings lynn team

it looks like darcy ward isnt going back to poole. would like to see him in kings lynn team

Would you really ? If he isnt at Poole I feel he will go to the highest bidder. Now which Elite League owner has the deepest pockets ? A mild morning, no nip in the air would be my guess.

• Like 1

you got more chance of Terry Betts making a comeback for the Stars in 2013 -no chance