British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

With Crump 99,Noodles, and Blupanther already talking about the much trodden Swindon situation on the Kings Lynn thread, it only requires Vincent Blackshadow and you have a full house!! ;)

Sorry english, but my post had nothing to do with Swindon or P'boro. It was a response to GRW123's post about the Danes that he had been watching at Lynn. :nono:

Sorry english, but my post had nothing to do with Swindon or P'boro. It was a response to GRW123's post about the Danes that he had been watching at Lynn. :nono:

Yep, fair point, but come on blu, you must admit the 'Swindongate' saga on the Swindon 2013 thread is becoming very tedious. Wouldn't you rather talk about the fact that you guys have put a decent side together and probably stand a good chance of nicking some points off of the Robins at Blunsdon? :o

Look how the British promoters run the BSPA, they indulge in self interest with little or no policy for the future. Look at the Danish and Polish commitment to their youngsters, its light years ahead im afraid. We struggle to even put a decent four together in the SWC these days.

It was refreshing just to be there watching the Masters at work. Besides the many riders, there were: Managers, Officials, Helpers, Mechanic, Families, Friends all wanting to partake in the get-together. The atmosphere was friendly but the competition was feist. Everyone was chatty and helping each other. Not only were all the top guy there but also the young, up and coming as well as the older ones. Could you ever imagine this happening with Team GB. I can remember back in the 70's, when we ruled the world, all Demark had was Ole Olsen. But he built Vojens, there first track, with his bare hands and started this legacy. If he had seen this today, he would've been a proud man.......

• Like 2

With Crump 99,Noodles, and Blupanther already talking about the much trodden Swindon situation on the Kings Lynn thread, it only requires Vincent Blackshadow and you have a full house!! ;)

Was it not Steveo who turned this thread? Funny you seem not to list him?

Was it not Steveo who turned this thread? Funny you seem not to list him?

I made one comment about irony - I can't help it if panthers fans set off on one :wink:

• Like 1

Good news for Stars fans that prices are being kept the same at £16 (Adults). I guess having no (or very little) stadium rental to pay helps the finances for the speedway. Its a shame it can't happen throughout speedway.

Worth pointing out also that Buster came in just over 20 years ago with virtually nothing and risked that to buy the stadium and then gradually build it up to one of the best motorsport venues in the UK. His hard work has put him in the position to be able to keep costs down for supporters for which I am certainly very grateful.

• Like 8

Yep, fair point, but come on blu, you must admit the 'Swindongate' saga on the Swindon 2013 thread is becoming very tedious. Wouldn't you rather talk about the fact that you guys have put a decent side together and probably stand a good chance of nicking some points off of the Robins at Blunsdon? :o

I agree, and i said as much on your thread four days ago. Time to move things along and look foward to my speedway at the EOES and Lynn...Yep, we could nick a point off you this year, maybe. :t:

I made one comment about irony - I can't help it if panthers fans set off on one :wink:

Yes of course, it wasn't an inflammatory comment at all was it? Still english roundabout obviously missed it, he must have blinkers on.

He's a card ain't he! :)

Lets be fair to the Boro fans - with all their riders at other clubs they have to infiltrate other threads or have nothing to talk about!!

• Like 1

Lets be fair to the Boro fans - with all their riders at other clubs they have to infiltrate other threads or have nothing to talk about!!

Using that theory Swindon fans would be restricted to their thread only

• Like 2

Well actually it would only be about a third of the thread!! ;)

• Like 2

Whoooosh

Ouch! Be fair though, we've tried to offload some them but other clubs only want loan and return so we get the grief. How can we concentrate on our own thread in such circumstances?

• Like 3