British Speedway Forum
Catch Me If You Can

Redcar V Berwick 6th Sept

Be careful for what you wish for.

It is,but in this case its not of Berwicks making,you sign riders that have European committments its likely this kind of thing will happen at some stage.To be fair though our team for Redcar is as strong and maybe stronger than it wouldve been had our normal 1-7 been there.

To be fair there would be no certainty either Alden or Aspegren's teams would make play offs when they signed?

To be fair there would be no certainty either Alden or Aspegren's teams would make play offs when they signed?

Yes your right,but its a more general point,not just Berwick,this kind of thind affects teams over here more and more,Im told its the modern way,just the modern though,not necessarily the right way.

At the moment not sure how many Redcar fans care about the opposition, morale on Teesside is at an all time low since the sport returned to us. Hard to put finger on as everyone was fairly happy with the team at the start but ever since early injury to Havvy it has gone rapidly down hill.

Everyone moans about the track, but to be fair it has generally been a gaters paradise since we tweeked the track from its originally lay out - it is a fact that racing has never been as good since the early days as riders cant straighten up as early thus they can get the speed up to use the bank on 3 and 4 which is just a total waste of time now as the only people who go that far up end up falling anyway.

But back to this week, hopefully the weather my get a few people there, but the team just has not got the fans on side. It really is a case of roll on 2013 and have to say only Summers should survive the 2012 cull. (and maybe Dilger).

If its a gaters paradise i worry for Berwick ;;;;

If its a gaters paradise i worry for Berwick ;;;;

Berwick should revel in the conditions we have honed our gating skills week in week out this season, marching up the table as we achieve just another victory

Berwick should revel in the conditions we have honed our gating skills week in week out this season, marching up the table as we achieve just another victory

Aaahhh - an optimist. :t::blink:

I son! and back down again, as we lose one :cheers:

this result is crap crap crap

Toothless...stuff from the guests

• Like 2

Toothless from our Team Manager would be more apt. Vissing is just back from injury and really is he going to bust his balls when he can win a league title for Somerset? nah.

Berwick have failed in 2012, fair play though it's a tenner now, somebody has realised we are a bag of nails and no longer feel the need to rip of those who attend Berwick matches

Cheers :lol:

Any Reason Why Berwicks Top Scorer Micky Dyer 6+1, only Had 3 Rides

Involved in a heat 8 crash and felt worse for wear.

this result is crap crap crap

Well well, what a shafting, 3 paid maxiimums for Redcar, could have been 4 if Kus had not fallen and been excluded. However you cannot blame the Berwick team, as only the 2 reserves and a 2nd string were in attendance. The only conclusion for me is because of the poor choice of guests, this was also apparent last Saturday night against Edinburgh.

I belive the track was very slick tonight, this was Berwicks downfalll. Again this was Berwicks downfall on Saturday, racing on a slick track, with a team of riders who cannot gate. Berwick had no control of the track conditions tonight, however they do at home, why then, the persistance in producing a track that is slick on the inside and loose on the outside. After heat 4 there is little shale on the inside line, it has joined the rest of the loose shale on the outside, this has the effect of no grip on the inside, and if you go to the outside it is so loose you will come off. The result is, a gate and go track, with just one racing line.

If the promotion prepare a track like this for the meeting against Newsatle, expect another shafting, as those guys can gate.

• Like 2

was wondering that myself, after witnessing some of the recent decisions, I just put it down to bad management.

Nothing too serious I hope - in my fantasy league team with 5 meetings in the next 9 days! Get well soon Mickey!! :wink: