British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick Bandits 2013

should have been away weeks ago

And replaced by whom,and before you say it no,leave him to NL racing.

To be honest there was little point in changing the team in the last few weeks,it was never likely we were going to make the play-offs so what would be the point in either bringing in a brand new rider or shelling out any kind of loan fee.

• Like 1

I think its very safe to say that Jacobsen wont be featuring in our 2013 team.

Yeah but if past seasons are anything to go by we always have one absoute duffer in the team, Klaus could be that man for 2013.

Ryan Fisher next year anyone? aye granted he rode for Edinburgh and he knocked our riders off, but hey he's a nice guy... deep down....... who wins the odd race and could be a sparing partner for Seb in the pits. He can gate he's won League titles so I think Ryan Fisher would be a great asset to Berwick Speedway?

Discuss......

• Like 1

Ryan Fisher next year anyone? aye granted he rode for Edinburgh and he knocked our riders off, but hey he's a nice guy... deep down....... who wins the odd race and could be a sparing partner for Seb in the pits. He can gate he's won League titles so I think Ryan Fisher would be a great asset to Berwick Speedway?

Discuss......

Cheque Book Speedway i'm afraid .Admission back up to £20 if you want him IMO. Good rider though.

Arent we throwing the chequebook at Complin and Alden? in the latters case for a minimal return

...didnt he get a max in 4TT finals .............?

• Like 1

...didnt he get a max in 4TT finals .............?

William Lawson scored a maximum for us, your point is

Seb Alden is a tremendous rider when he either A) Fancies it or B) Brings those Swedish bikes over and until he combines those 2 we'll get a good performance one week usually against poor outfits and then he'll go missing in the big meetings the following week

Maybe we don't mind Seb going missing, you sign Ryan Fisher though and he wont be average 7.5 from No5

Edited by RobinH88

William Lawson scored a maximum for us, your point is

Seb Alden is a tremendous rider when he either A) Fancies it or B) Brings those Swedish bikes over and until he combines those 2 we'll get a good performance one week usually against poor outfits and then he'll go missing in the big meetings the following week

Maybe we don't mind Seb going missing, you sign Ryan Fisher though and he wont be average 7.5 from No5

couldnt give a ????

as its claimed things are improving and everything is rosy he contributed to a title that proves the promotion is the business.

you got a cup through a cheque book then so good luck he has contributed to it and didnt go missing in that meeting--- wasnt that a big meeting.

Some would say he saved the Bandits season !!! .................unless they win the 6-12 Trophy!!

Edited by seanmuffe
  • Like 1

Some would argue his actions in Heat 15 the night previously ended our chances of making the Top 6

Either way I dont understand your point, Fisher for me

Discuss......

Fishers had a go at most riders though has he not. :blink:

Some would argue his actions in Heat 15 the night previously ended our chances of making the Top 6

Alden for me,though missing Berwick meetings is a draw back,but he is our rider and does a reasonable job in backing up a no1.

• Like 1

You were never seriously going to make top 6 because of injuries and you sound like Aljack picking on either Doolan or Lanham as being responsible for Ipswich's failure to be top 6.

There are always a combination of factors injuries, management picking wrong riders/tactics, and riders screwing up.

My point was you said "minimal return" and i said silverware was delivered aided by Alden not forgeting Ashworth as well. Everyone says the 4's crap quite sure the other 12 wouldnt be complaining if they won it.

• Like 2

You were never seriously going to make top 6 because of injuries and you sound like Aljack picking on either Doolan or Lanham as being responsible for Ipswich's failure to be top 6.

There are always a combination of factors injuries, management picking wrong riders/tactics, and riders screwing up.

My point was you said "minimal return" and i said silverware was delivered aided by Alden not forgeting Ashworth as well. Everyone says the 4's crap quite sure the other 12 wouldnt be complaining if they won it.

Aldens job in the team is to back up Ashworth as our no1,IMO he has done just that,its true he is a bit of a gate and go merchant but his average has stayed at a reasobable level and Id be hoping he will be one of the first names on our team sheet for next year,dont see the point in looking at another rider,especially when you consider handing out loan fees.

• Like 1

Aldens job in the team is to back up Ashworth as our no1,IMO he has done just that,its true he is a bit of a gate and go merchant but his average has stayed at a reasobable level and Id be hoping he will be one of the first names on our team sheet for next year,dont see the point in looking at another rider,especially when you consider handing out loan fees.

Surely any ambition team would say that Aldens job is to challenge Ricky Ashworth for number 1 slot.

Surely any ambition team would say that Aldens job is to challenge Ricky Ashworth for number 1 slot.

And he`s done that,Ashworth has been excellent this year and has given Berwick a genuine no1,Im sure Sheffield will offer a team place to Ashworth,they`d be crazy not to,but Im hoping Ashworth will return to Berwick next year.

• Like 1

Speaking to Ricky last night as he is up for tonights meeting, there is only 1 place he wants to be in 2013 Berwick.

• Like 2