British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick Bandits 2013

7 man team though Tourettes we dont sign 7 man teams. If we did would have the crowds to make it viable?

Forgot to include Liam Carr at No 8.

Wouldn't that be on for the record books, an 8 man team :o

7 man team though Tourettes we dont sign 7 man teams. If we did would have the crowds to make it viable?

Genuine concerns all round as we read and hear. Suppose you could take it back to 6 man teams and cut costs with 39 point limit? You just wonder how many teams will be Premier League in 2013 and cant see it being 13?

You are probably right, but heres how I would go.

1. Ashworth

2.Bellego

3. Aspergren

4.Vaclav Milik

5.Alden

6.Edberg or Dyer

7. Barret

A genuine No1 2 strong reserves a back up for Ashworth in Alden ( could easily be other way around), strong 2nd strings home & away, a new signing who is already looking impressive.

Unfortunately too much 43.43 (with Milik in), but would fit with Albin, (if he came in on a 5).

Unfortunately too much 43.43 (with Milik in), but would fit with Albin, (if he came in on a 5).

We really need to have a re-think as far as Albin is concerned IMO.

• Like 1

I think we need to get to the end of the season before we think anything regarding next season, that way will will have the correct Green sheet averages :blink::wink:

I think we need to get to the end of the season before we think anything regarding next season, that way will will have the correct Green sheet averages :blink::wink:

Agreed but Albins average isnt going to change for next season,I didnt see enough when he was here to suggest he will do anything but struggle,should he be given a tea spot next year.

Agreed but Albins average isnt going to change for next season,I didnt see enough when he was here to suggest he will do anything but struggle,should he be given a tea spot next year.

Hard to judge Albin on what we seen ,but he will have another season in Argentina before next season so he could improve significantly in the close season" who knows"

The fact is that Edberg is likely to always be kicking around at reserve, even more so with rolling averages, when a bad month isn't enough to bomb a rider's average. Just as likely, he'll be the lower reserve and, as sure as eggs is eggs, that'll set up 6-8 weeks with an NL Guest.

Albin on a 5.0 average would be at least as ridiculous as Sike & Mudgway (anywhere except Shielfield on occasion).

The promotion can either take 2013 seriously in their attempts to put bums on seats, or be friendly about it all - and pay for that privilege.

The signing of either or both will show the latter.

I think signing Albin immediately shows there is no real ambition to finnish nearer the top than bottom of the PL. I know there asking for more fans to go along, why not put out a good team and they might?

I think signing Albin immediately shows there is no real ambition to finnish nearer the top than bottom of the PL. I know there asking for more fans to go along, why not put out a good team and they might?

I would dispute that it lacks ambition, but it is a gamble . The rules of speedway means that Promotions have to take a chance and find riders who might be a future prospect in the sport and bring them in on a low average.The sport needs a radical shake -up IMO. How can you predict how Albin will fare and least he is young and keen which is a better gamble than a Jason King type signing. I have always maintained the "averages" are killing the sport and I stick by that statement.

• Like 2

Albin on a 5.0 average would be at least as ridiculous as Sike & Mudgway (anywhere except Shielfield on occasion).

Both of whom have struggled,Mudgway not in this years team dropped by Glasgow,to be picked up by Redcar weeks later,and Sike has hardly been seen anywhere near a speedway track.

I would dispute that it lacks ambition, but it is a gamble . The rules of speedway means that Promotions have to take a chance and find riders who might be a future prospect in the sport and bring them in on a low average.The sport needs a radical shake -up IMO. How can you predict how Albin will fare and least he is young and keen which is a better gamble than a Jason King type signing. I have always maintained the "averages" are killing the sport and I stick by that statement.

Its a gamble alright,and that IMO should be reason enough to steer clear of this signing.The plus side of course is that it adds to our asset base,but other than that Albins signing makes no sense.Dick Barrie of course will witter on about giving him a chance,but I dont think the time is right to be taking gambles.

Both of whom have struggled,Mudgway not in this years team dropped by Glasgow,to be picked up by Redcar weeks later,and Sike has hardly been seen anywhere near a speedway track.

Its a gamble alright,and that IMO should be reason enough to steer clear of this signing.The plus side of course is that it adds to our asset base,but other than that Albins signing makes no sense.Dick Barrie of course will witter on about giving him a chance,but I dont think the time is right to be taking gambles.

Ok no gambles, so we will stick with Jason King or Klaus Jacobson at least we know what they will score. :blink: Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

Wonder if chief scout 'Dick' has anymore wonder riders for next year? What about a return for Greg Blair? Theres 2 duffers they wouldnt have to pay straight away.

After an in depth convo with a fellow Bandits follower, would Tero Aarnio be a possibililty?

Why?

He's a nice wee guy, but he's 28, he's a Scunny asset and carries a 5.76 CMA.

• Like 1