British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Bit of a long shot but what about Bonky ?

Not sure what satisfaction you get from going on the Plymouth thread and suggesting they have signed Bonky then coming on here within the same minute and suggesting Bonky as a rider for Sheffield. Your previous post claimed to know the ins and outs of details between club and rider and who would sign instead.

If your after a bite well done! Otherwise keep your false information and suggestions to yourself.

I for one am just glad we have a team to support.

That's not enough to sustain Sheffield Speedway, though. It might be enough for you, Spinny and young Jordan (and me, for that matter) but its not enough for those that make the difference between profit and loss.

Any promotion that relies on the angle 'you should just be grateful' is scraping the bottom of the barrel, admitting that their team is crap and doing absolutely nothing for the sport in their town. There simply must be a duty on them to attempt to attract people over and above the diehards who come what may and if they don't do that and the team goes out of existence they are as culpable as the missing fans.

How Ricky Wells can demand increased money after some of the tripe he served up last year is beyond me. It is also beyond me how the management have offered him any more than a conker and a blackbird's egg to ride for us. Turning up in his Wolves kevlars and trailing round last on the wrong end of a 5-1 after scoring double figures for the Wolves made my blood boil at times last year.

Get rid and get someone in that wants to ride for the Tigers rather than someone who's loyalties were often elsewhere.

I think you are wrong here. Wells EL average is comparable with Steady's and is less than a point below his EL one. That surely means there is at least potentialy a huge amount to come from him at PL level and while he wasn't impressive at PL level last season he deserves another go. Booting him out if the pay issue is settled could return to haunt the Tigers badly.

Having said that, I am sure you aren't the only one who holds your view and it is a more than understandable one.

• Like 3

The press release about Wells said he was happy with the same deal as last year which going by Sheffield was in my opinion probably not a lot. He is not asking for more money. It said he had been asked to take a pay cut on last seasons deal.

If your a Wells fan or not I would suggest he is the best option for the last spot. I really can't see Nedermark or North for that matter signing for the deal that Wells is being offered, whatever it is. I think if Wells declines we could be looking at another cheap option. Would the anti Wells fans rather have Schramm or Sanchez?

Schramm or Sanchez all have costs and expenses themselves, Schramm particularly has a long way to travel, and they would both also need to make a living. They still need to have engines serviced, fuel, insurance, parts etc.... so why do you think they are a cheaper option?

Sanchez was the next one to Wells in the averages and so you would expect running costs to be similar.

Edited by Harman

There is a lad that lives 10 minutes away from the stadium that would incur no travel costs and IMO would out score Wells , Sanchez , and Schramm , not saying he's ideal and would make the team world beaters but look at his 2011 scores for Scunny and he's a better option than all the others mentioned ... especially with how the track is now prepared !

Edited by OILYRAG

Stead, Hall, Haines, Albin, Koppe, Knight plus another

You can say what you like about Machin he certainly has a talent for putting together cheap sides, god thats awful and when Stead has his away blues you are going to get buried.

• Like 1

Ben Wilson??

Ben was an option last year before Schramm came in but turned down the offer. I understand that he is working full time now and not as interested in speedway.

Ben was an option last year before Schramm came in but turned down the offer. I understand that he is working full time now and not as interested in speedway.

Correct, Ben is working full time but he is in a job where he could accommodate both. As for him not being as interested in speedway, you couldn't be further from the mark!

I would welcome Ben back into the fold and feel that with help from Stead, he could quite easily become the second heat leader we need.

Ben Wilson is a viable option.

The only worry for me is that he has been out a year and wonder if he still has it in him.

But he would come in with an average of 6.10, which is 1.89 under the limit, and if the lads who are assessed averages struggle we could look at really bringing some riders to replace them with lots of points to play around with.

That is not the Sheffield way of doing things, but I think that they might have to change their mindset and look at the way clubs like Edinburgh have been successful in the past doing this sort of thing in the past.

Would not Jesper B Monberg do a good job for you. Dont think he has a UK ride yet.

Would not Jesper B Monberg do a good job for you. Dont think he has a UK ride yet.

Possible, but I just don't see him fitting into the Sheffield budget requirements and I think without an Elite place he will prove to be too expensive for Sheffield.