British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

So that's a nine & a bit average. Out of twelve. Hardly cleaning up - I think your wife needs a new hoover.

Did Santa not visit you as a child? Is that why you're so pessimistic and mardy?

Wind yer neck in, Gladys.

If Dyson made a Hoover that picked up three quarters of the muck on offer, there'd still be more muck then on a Rye House race day! Nine & a bit out of twelve ISN'T "cleaning up".

Stead MIGHT finish in the top five come the end of he season. If he's lucky.

Like the others that have dropped down before him, he'll find it's not as easy as he thinks it is.

• Like 1

You know as well as everybody else on here that a 9 point + average is not easy to achieve, few riders achieve over 10 and I think Loram is the only rider i can think of to achieve over 11 (no doubt somebody will tell me that I'm wrong).

For some reason you just choose to be negative about sheffield for the sheer hell of it - if its not because Santa didn't visit, what is your problem? Just because somebody is being positive and looking forward to the season, why do you have to piss on their parade?

9+ is a good average. Neither I, nor anyone else that I recall, have disputed that.

It's just not "cleaning up" now, is it?

Did Ben Barker "clean up" last year? No.

How about Joe Screen? Maybe Charlie Gjedde?

Maybe Jason Doyle?

They all had 9+ averages - but didn't "clean up". Why not? Because its a bloody hard league to ride in, that's why.

In fact it's a harder league than when Stead was last in it at Workington when along with Stoney it could be said he more or less cleaned up.

Screen, Howe, Robson, Parker & a few in between. They've all dropped down & found it harder than anticipated.

As for your comments about negativity regarding Sheffield simply demonstrate your inability to read & retain information. There's any number of posts where I'm supportive of Sheffield, the promotion, what they're attempting to achieve and what (most of) the riders selected have achieved along the way.

But feel free to continue with your (slightly disturbing) Santa fixation.

Before everyone gets too nit-picky, remember that it wasn't too long ago bonus points were included in CMA figures.

Hence, it is now harder to achieve a higher average, even when scoring the equivilent number of points.

Let's get on, season starts (for northern folk) in four weeks time..............

Wind yer neck in, Gladys.

If Dyson made a Hoover that picked up three quarters of the muck on offer,

If Dyson made a Hoover they'd be in breach of copyright!! Yes I'm nit picking - but then pot, kettle, black!! If Stead gets a 10 point average (which I'm not saying he will), then in Speedway terms he'll have cleaned up. Edited by Stan Duppcomic

Lets get something straight nobody is pissing on my parade!!! Feel free to message me for a hand shake to honour your bets gentlemen. NO! a near ten point average is not perfect but the riders regarded as the best to grace this division have not achieved that, as yet. I honestly believe Simon can be in the same class as Wilson and Stonehewer for example and be one of the top riders in the league.

• Like 3

. I honestly believe Simon can be in the same class as Wilson and Stonehewer for example and be one of the top riders in the league.

I think you are right and would be genuinely surprised if anyone disagreed.

Taking into account that Steady is a local boy and a former (and very popular) Tiger, I'd say he's one of the best signings made by any club in any of the leagues over the winter.

• Like 2

I think that Steady and Sheffield were made for each other and the timing of his move to Sheffield is one of the best moves for the club and is right for Steady at this stage of his career.

Can Steady achieve a 10 point average, never say never, but I doubt. The Premier League id a different league these days and it sometime since a rider achieved that kind of figure Zetterstrom for Somerset some years ago But I would think that he is more than capable finishing amongst the top 5 or 6 riders in the league.

Another pleasing bit of news for Sheffield, was the 3rd place from Richard Hall in the Christmas Cracker meeting at Somerset, which was very welcoming news and the lad deserves a pat on the back. .

I think that Steady and Sheffield were made for each other and the timing of his move to Sheffield is one of the best moves for the club and is right for Steady at this stage of his career.

Can Steady achieve a 10 point average, never say never, but I doubt. The Premier League id a different league these days and it sometime since a rider achieved that kind of figure Zetterstrom for Somerset some years ago But I would think that he is more than capable finishing amongst the top 5 or 6 riders in the league.

I believe Ostergaard and I think it was Doolan reached 10+ in 2008, the season after Zetterstrom.

Although Zorro was by far the best rider I've seen at PL level - 3 seasons, achieving 9+ in his first followed by 10+ both times after that and winning the PLRC in the process too, and part of the Fours winners of 2006 also in his first year. Not to mention, winning the 'Chase' at Kings Lynn too.

Another pleasing bit of news for Sheffield, was the 3rd place from Richard Hall in the Christmas Cracker meeting at Somerset, which was very welcoming news and the lad deserves a pat on the back. .

Credit where it's due, he was leading his first race too only to pack up and push home for a 3rd.. thoroughully deserved as Fisher and Barker apart, was the next best on display.

I believe Ostergaard and I think it was Doolan reached 10+ in 2008, the season after Zetterstrom.

Although Zorro was by far the best rider I've seen at PL level - 3 seasons, achieving 9+ in his first followed by 10+ both times after that and winning the PLRC in the process too, and part of the Fours winners of 2006 also in his first year. Not to mention, winning the 'Chase' at Kings Lynn too.

Apologies I stand correct, and you are perfectly correct regarding Zorro, one the finest PLRC wins that I have ever seen at Sheffield.

Credit where it's due, he was leading his first race too only to pack up and push home for a 3rd.. thoroughully deserved as Fisher and Barker apart, was the next best on display.

Very good to hear, Richard Hall has his critic's, and I am probably his biggest regarding his away form, but hopefully he may just be turning a corner with this performance, but to err on the side of caution Somerset is a racers track that will suit Richard's riding style.

Simon Stead will be a top scorer for Sheffield,and probably one of the top riders in the PL.If Sheffield are to be successful though it will be what kind of back up he gets from the other six.

• Like 2

Like the others that have dropped down before him, he'll find it's not as easy as he thinks it is.

Dont recall Steady ever saying he thought it was going to be easy!

• Like 5

Was nice to see Richard Hall give a good account of himself at Somerset, I hope this kind of form can be replicated on the away circuits when on business with Sheffield. Not long to go now and i for one am getting very excited. I've said it before but with regards to Albin, Berwicks loss is definitely our gain, think Koppe might surprise a few people too. Either way i will be on the terraces and in the panorama room supporting the boys all the way.

Great to see Stead back.

• Like 2