British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Sure I've seen somewhere that Sunday's would be a 6pm start.

Would any fans prefer Sundays to Thursdays? All I've seen/heard is stick with Thursdays.

Says tea time on a Sunday in the Speedway Star, I suppose what they term tea time as.

Thursdays would be better for me.

Edited by spin king

Thursday's for me and my dad and my 7 and 10 year olds, along with their friends who I try to take every week.

We've NO chance of going Sundays!!!

If believe what you read on the Leicester 2013 thread.

Kauko Nieminen

and I would imagine the other will be.

Simon Stead.

Ben Barker he looking to ride in PL,

if you sign steady , thats the make up of your team in deep stuff. remember 2012..

Ben Barker he looking to ride in PL,

I cannot see Ben riding for Sheffield.

If we ride on a Thursday that will clash with Birmingham.

If we ride on a Sunday it would clash with Poland Ben signed for Wroclaw last season.

The race night has nothing to do with the poor crowds. Taking the fans for granted that they would pay more and turn up regardless to watch a garbage team has everything to do with it.

Absolutely spot on :approve: .

Moving to Sunday's could gain 300 new fans, but lose 350...

Also absolutely spot on :approve:

Speedway needs more rider like Hall,after all its the entertainment business and he is just that

Problem is he has stayed at the same level for years and riders like that should only be considered when you can't get someone who shows signs of improving. I can totally understand the adverse comments on here about bringing Hall back.

Steady would be a fantastic number 1. It reminds me a bit of the Sean Wilson situation - no one remembers him from being a reserve at Belle Vue, they remember him from being a star at Sheffield, Steady would be the same and would attract some of the missing fans back to the terraces much more than Kauko Niemenen would - no disrespect to Kauko.

Its a no brainer as far as I am concerned. Get him back and the interest is stoked up immediately. Compare that to signing Josef Franc and the point is even clearer.

/

What's an in and out no 1?

Bjarne Pedersen ? :P

Absolutely spot on :approve: .

Also absolutely spot on :approve:

Problem is he has stayed at the same level for years and riders like that should only be considered when you can't get someone who shows signs of improving. I can totally understand the adverse comments on here about bringing Hall back.

Its a no brainer as far as I am concerned. Get him back and the interest is stoked up immediately. Compare that to signing Josef Franc and the point is even clearer.

/

Bjarne Pedersen ? :P

Those comments are okay but.

Sheffield fans want Simon Stead. And Simon Stead want to be back at Sheffield.

Simon Stead says he needs the race night to change, Sheffield fans generally prefer the race night to stay the same.

Massive dilemma for tthe Promotion.

I cannot see Ben riding for Sheffield.

If we ride on a Thursday that will clash with Birmingham.

If we ride on a Sunday it would clash with Poland Ben signed for Wroclaw last season.

All depends if he stays at Brum personally I think he be at Cov next season..

All depends if he stays at Brum personally I think he be at Cov next season..

Also don't think that Sheffield would be able to afford Ben, could well be out of our budget on the money he may want, and also don't Sheffield is a track that he particularly likes.

Thursday for me. If changed to Sunday would go to about 25% of the matches only. Where as in the last 20 years, missed a total of 2 matches. Do the management want to lose fans who only miss 1 match every 10 years? Would like Steady back though. Any possibility of him doubling up with another Elite team.

Thursday for me. If changed to Sunday would go to about 25% of the matches only. Where as in the last 20 years, missed a total of 2 matches. Do the management want to lose fans who only miss 1 match every 10 years? Would like Steady back though. Any possibility of him doubling up with another Elite team.

There lies the problem, if we run Thursdays we can kiss goodbye to signing Simon Stead as he wants to double up with Swindon, both Swindon and Sheffield run on Thursdays.

Get Ricky Ashworth back then.

Ricky has stated that his preference is go back to Berwick for next season.

Those comments are okay but.

Sheffield fans want Simon Stead. And Simon Stead want to be back at Sheffield.

Simon Stead says he needs the race night to change, Sheffield fans generally prefer the race night to stay the same.

Massive dilemma for tthe Promotion.

I'd say the problem is Steady's. If he wants to come back that badly he'll opt for Sheffield over Swindon - after all, I am sure he could fixed up with another EL club.

One things certain - the Tigers can't change their race night solely to suit the needs of one rider.

• Like 5